Part One - That Day in the Classroom.

The Backyard's Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Part One

-

That Day in the Classroom.

 

 

 

"Get lost."

A brune girl of average height stared sharply at the couple who was making out in the middle of the corridor.

"What ?"

The guy was a head taller than her, looking dccccown on what it seemed to him a little chick.

"Want me to say it again ? You're getting in the way. Get. Lost." She emphasized her last words, making her intention clear.

The guy stepped forward, breaking apart from the embrace with his girlfriend. He grabbed the collar of the brune girl, forcing her to be on her toes. "Who do you think you are to talk to me like that."

She didn't stepped back, on the contrary, her stare became more fierce.

"Get your filthy hands off me." She snapped at him, slapping his hand away.

His face took a deep red shade out of rage. He clenched his fist, ready to punch her on the face if his girlfriend didn't intervene.

"Come on sweetheart. Don't bother her. Let's go somewhere else, just the two of us, so we won't be interrupted." The girl had the first button of her uniform undone.

She sticked to her boyfriend, doing circles on his chest with her fingers, in a much provocative way. The tall man let down of his fist at his girlfriend's words but pointed towards the brune girl, much fit of anger.

"Next time, you're dead." He threatened her with a fearsome stare.

He put his arm around his girlfriend's shoulders and passed by the 'petite chick', not minding shoving her.

She looked at the corner of her eyes the couple leaving. She bent down to pick up the books she dropped when she got bumped into.

"You know this ?"

"You don't know her ? She's Park InJung, the famous SoYeon ! She always talk to people like they're crap. I've been to the same middle school as her, she was already nicknamed the Viper..."

They talked loud enough for that would-be Viper to hear their conversation.

"Disgusting." She mumbled the words to herself, recalling the intimacy of the couple.

She stood up and continued her way, not bothering what the two people said of her, for she was already used since long ago.

 

"Mommy, SoYeon was mean to me. She said bad words again."

"Stop looking at me with those eyes !" *SPLAP* "If you ever dare to open this mouth of yours... !"

"Hey. Isn't she the Viper ?" - "Yeah. Let's go somewhere else. She's scary."

"Park InJung ! Get out of there ! Nobody wants someone like you here !"

 

The further she was going, the less students there were. Finally, she arrived in the school's backyard, quite isolated and abandonned since the construction of the front court, a lot larger and modern than here, where it was weed-covered. But she liked it here, because there was no one to bother her. Because it was plain calm. It was hard to believe that it was the same place as the noisy place she came from. She entered the old building which was closed, too old and too far from the principal building for the students. It was supposed to be demolished since few years ago, but because of economic reasons, it was still standing here. The old wooden stairs were cracking under her steps, threatening to break at anytime. She calmy made her way to the only opened classroom, where an old piano was thrown here to be demolished at the same time as the building. Some keys weren't working, which is why the school principal decided to throw it out and buy a new one for the new building, but it was still useful for SoYeon, who came here every now and then when she felt like it, to play it.
She wiped the dust on the piano and the chair before taking out a notebook. She opened it at the last page she written on, revealing a handwritten partition. She put it on the piano and, after warming her hand and fingers, she began to play the first notes. From time to time, she would stop, take a pen and a rubber, erasing and re-writting the notes, then she would start play again, and she will do the same actions again and again. She didn't know how many time passed by since she entered the building, how many periods she missed, for she was too into what she was doing. She was enjoying it, she had fun here, so she didn't matter the other things she thought were futile.

"What are you doing here ?"

SoYeon startled, dropping her notebook. She whipped her head to the doorway, where was standing a man in a neatly repassed suit. She squinted to see the face of the stranger, but couldn't see clearly because of the sunset, backlighting his front appearance.

"Who are you ?" She asked in a somewhat rushed tone.

"I should be the one asking you that. You are a student right ? You're not supposed to be here." His voice was very low.

SoYeon wrapped her notebook and pen together, slipping them into her bag.

"You're not supposed to be here either. This building is supposed to be closed. Who are you ?" She replied tit for that, hugging her bag in a defensive way, as she was suspicious of the stranger who appeared out of nowhere.

The queer man held his stomach, giggling. "Hey, I don't mean anything bad. Don't hold your bag as if I'm going to steal it from you ok ?" He chortled as he spoke.

SoYeon observed him. He was not that tall, perhaps half a head taller than her. He didn't seem really strong either, he seemed rather slim in fact. And he didn't have anything in hand. But if he was to do something on her, she wasn't sure if she could escape safely. So after reflection, she squizzed her bag tighter and stepped back.

"I asked you who are you ? You don't seem from here." She asked again, her eyes not leaving him.

"Me ? I'm..." He silenced a moment. "I'm a teacher here." He said in a matter of factly.

"I've never seen you around." Her suspicions raised.

"I'm not lying. I'm really a teacher here. Let's just say..." He paused again, seemingly thinking. "That I went on a long trip and came back again."

The man, seeing her suspicious stare, chuckled.

"Really, I never lie. I don't intend anything bad."

"Fine. Let's say so. But that doesn't explain why you're here." SoYeon picked up a wooden stick which was lying on the ground. Probably a piece of an old table.

The man put his hands in the air as SoYeon pointed the stick towards him.

"You shouldn't be allowed here either, don't you ?" He said lightly, quite amused.

SoYeon put the stick in a more menacing way, forcing him to answer. "Fine, fine. I just heard melody in this classroom that's why I came here."

She contemplated the answer a moment before making a step towards the stranger. "Let's get o

Please log in to read the full chapter