First Kiss

First Kiss

 

“Okay, babe, I know I love your eyes, but why do you keep staring at me?”

“What? A guy can’t stare at his girlfriend without being weird?”

“When you’re awkward and not wearing makeup, it is.”

Kyungsoo just chuckled at your remark. It was true though. He’d been staring at you for quite some time with this amused grin on his face. He never said anything, just stared, almost as if he was studying every scar in your skin, every ridge between your eyelashes—everything. 

Of course, it wasn’t unusual. Kyungsoo was known for how large his eyes were, so any sudden glance was mistaken as his stare. But this time, there was no masking it—he was definitely staring at you.

As for the makeup thing, you’d been dating for a few weeks now, and he’d finally proven his worthiness of seeing you in your natural state even if it meant forcing yourself to drop one of your usual morning routines. He’d just pout and say that he’ll buy you new bb cream next time if he gets to see you without it.

At the moment, Kyungsoo was watching you study. Final exams were next week and you couldn’t afford any distractions, but he insisted that he wouldn’t bother you. He’d be there for moral support and to study for his exams as well. Judging by the stares, he hasn’t studied much.

“I thought we were supposed to be studying.” You narrowed your eyes at him. “Unless there’s an exam on the features of my face, I don’t think you’re going to pass anything.”

Kyungsoo leaned forward and mimicked your expression. “Do you know what today is?”

“…….Thursday?”

He rolled his eyes. “Besides that.”

You just sat there, waiting for him to get on with his point.

“Jeez, so stressed over exams you couldn’t even remember that we’ve been dating for a month?”

Your eyes shot wide open and you could feel the sweat instantly pooling in the pit of your stomach. How cold you have forgotten?! Omo, only a month into the best relationship you’ve ever had, and you’re already messing it up. Note to self:  buy a calendar!

“Oh, my God.” You choked up. “Oppa, I can’t—I am so sorry! I completely spaced—I’m just so stressed out with all these exams, and I—”

”_______-ah, relax!” Kyungsoo put his hands on your shoulders. His ring fingers rubbed circles into the knots in your back. He smiled warmly. “Don’t worry about it, okay? I understand. I’m not going to break up with you just because you care about your future.”

“But you are my future, too.” You sighed. “I’m really sorry.”

Your boyfriend blushed at your sincerity. He pinched your cheek lightly. “You’re really cute when you feel guilty, did you know that? It’s adorable!”

Aigoo, and there he goes back to treating you like his loving teddy bear. You didn’t complain. He was probably the best boyfriend you could ask for. He always took your books immediately after leaving class. He’d surprise you with those nice hugs from behind. And he already knew what chocolate to buy when you were upset.

“And I wasn’t bringing up our one month because I wanted to make you feel guilty.” Kyungsoo smirked.

You sank into your seat, still flushed.

“But I mean, we have been dating for a month, and we haven’t—well, we haven’t,” he sighed. “I haven’t kissed you yet.”

Ahh, there was that. You were shy enough on your own, but Kyungsoo was just as bad. His friends didn’t know it, but he’d never kissed anyone before. Granted, you haven’t either, so this wasn’t the easiest task to accomplish.

“Oh.”

You both sat across from each other awkwardly looking to the floor as the subject floated about the room.

“Did you want to…?”

“O-Only if you want to.” Kyungsoo stuttered.

You giggled at how easily he got nervous. At this point it was just awkward.

You wanted to kiss him, he wanted to kiss you, but neither of you knew how to proceed so you just sat there in silence. After a minute or two, you just giggled at his spaced out expression and went back to studying.

Sure, kissing him would be nice but at the risk of making things awkward…. No, no, actually, kissing him would be ideal right now. There was just too much stress, and you wanted to enjoy it. You both studied the rest of the night until you practically fell asleep.

Kissing would have to wait.

**

“OPPA, HURRY UP!” You and Kyungsoo ran as fast as you could towards the gates to the school. He lagged behind you a bit which you would normally laugh at, but right now exams were more important, and you had one in about five minutes.

”________-ah, we have time, stop worrying!” He panted just behind you. “HOW ARE YOU RUNNING SO FAST?!”

You were so focused you didn’t even respond. The gates were so close, but you really couldn’t rest until you were safe in within the walls of your classroom with the exam paper in front of you.

You didn’t even care if it seemed unlady-like with the way you were rushing so much at this point. It wasn’t even until you got to the open door of your classroom that you could breathe. You and Kyungsoo weren’t in the same class, so you turned around to him to say goodbye.

“Oppa, I’ll see you after—”

Kyungsoo cut you off quickly with a very light, sweet kiss. Your body instantly hobbled like jelly with the new sensation that rippled through. You couldn’t even tell that you were on your tiptoes gradually trying to get to your boyfriend’s level.

His lips molded to yours in a smooth sort of connection. When you felt him smile then slowly pull away from you, you stayed there, eyes closed, lips left hanging to keep the sensation of him there just a little bit longer.

You felt his lips by your ear.

“Thought it’d be better to catch you off guard.” He chuckled. “Good luck on your exam, babe. You’ll be brilliant.”