Waiting

Please Be My Baby

       Hyomin awoke from her dream of Sunny holding her tightly. Sighing as she felt nothing but cold, deprived from the warmth of her dream. She sat up, grabbing her phone to see that there were no new messages, I had been nearly two weeks since her and Sunny had become secretly official. That wasn't what had bothered her, the problem was that neither of them had time to spend with the other, at least not alone.

 

       Laying back down on her bed, her head hit the soft pillow beneath her as she closed her eyes to think of her unnie. She settled for fantasizing if she couldn't have the real thing at the moment. That was when a loud crashing sound ruined her peace and she was forced to throw off her covers and go into the next room to see what had gone wrong. While heading towards the kitchen she could hear a soft low voice uttering "Oops, my bad," before walking in on Jiyeon with her arms out as if she was holding something while she looked at the pile of broken glass on the floor.

 

       Eunjung on the other hand was sitting at the table and just looked at Jiyeon and shook her head. "Don't move I'll clean it up," Hyomin said while getting the broom and dustpan from their cleaning supplies closet.

 

       "Thank you Hyomin Unnie," Jiyeon said shyly, still feeling bad that she had broken something else.

 

       "I don't want you to get cut by it so just be quiet before I hit you," she wasn't coherent enough to really talk to the younger girl with sentences. Sweeping up the mess she started to wonder if she should get dressed and go out in hopes of running into Sunny. But those were thoughts of wishful thinking though it didn't stop her from getting all the glass off the floor throwing it away and going back to her room to put on clothes and leave the dorm. "I'm heading out, I'll be back later." she called hoping someone who was awake would remember that she left, they usually did but that didn't mean much.

 

       'Maybe I should call her,' she thought to herself wondering if these feelings were real. 'It's so wrong to like a girl,' she tried to remind herself but ended with giving up and calling Sunny instead of waiting. Three rings in she started to take deep breaths to calm herself.

 

       "Yeobsaeyo," the cute voice rang into her ear and she paused on the stairway she was walking down. "Yeobsaeyo?" the voice came again and she realized that she forgot to answer.

 

       "oh yeobasaeyo, it's Hyomin, I was wondering if you were busy?" with much difficulty she mannaged to ask a simple question.

 

       "Hmm, right now yes but we can hang out later if you want, I'll call you arraso?" Sunny set this up and Hyomin relieved that they could finally see each other again.

 

       "Sounds good, I'll wait till then bye," Hyomin could feel the flush in her face as she hung up and started thinking about what she and Sunny would do later that day. Walking out of the building she decided that she was going to go to the park and enjoy the good weather while she waited, and it didn't matter how long she waited because she would get to see her girlfriend. Even if it was still hard for her to accept she didn't want to lose something so dear to her.

 

 

       It had been a few hours and she had given up on walking and was now sitting on a bench when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket looking at it she immediately slid the green phone over to answer the call. "Yeobsaeyo," she said excitedly as she waited for Sunny to speak.

 

       "uh, mianhae Hyominah it took longer than I expected, where should we meet up?" Hyomin was excited that she didn't cancel and smiled dorkishly at nothing as she thought for a few seconds.

 

       "Well I'm at a park right now do you want to meet up here, it's not too far from my dorm so you should be able to find it," she was hopeful as she waited for a response.

 

       "Isn't it a little late for you to be out in a park all alone?" there was clear concern in the girl's voice as she responded.

 

       "Well I won't be alone when you get here," she was attempting to as she waited for confirmation of Sunny's arrive the this area.

 

       "Alright I'll be there as soon as I can, don't get into any trouble okay, I'll text you when I'm in the park then you have to find me," Hyomin could hear giggling on the other line.

 

       "I'll be waiting," she said before they both hung up. Hyomin sat there playing on her phone as she waited, anticipating a text message, when the message icon appeared she jumped up gleefully and opened it only to see it was from Jiyeon, wanting to know when she was coming home. Reluctantly she replied saying she would be home in a few hours just to get the younger girl to leave her alone, this happened quite often when Hyomin went out by herself.

 

       "Yah, what are you doing here?!" Hyomin looked around to see where the voice had come from she e way only to be tackled from behind. Embraced in a tight hug she looked down at the slim arms wrapped around her waist. "Were you waiting long?" the soft voice asked and Hyomin just leaned back against Sunny for a moment before turning around to face the girl.

 

        "It's never too long if I'm waiting for you," she said while lightly biting her lower lip as she leaned her forehead against the short girls.

 

        "Awe Hyominie, you're too cute," Sunny responded and tightened her grip on the younger girl, pulling her closer, wetting her lips slightly she then pressed them lightly against Hyomin's. Hyomin's eyes widened and her face was starting to fill in bright red as she kissed Sunny back. 'It's not like it's our first kiss,' she tried to remind herself just before the kiss broke. "You're easily embarrassed today aren't you?" Sunny teasingly commented with a wink that forced Hyomin to look away and at the ground. "It's okay," Sunny's tone softened as she caressed Hyomin's cheek and pulled her into another brief kiss before taking her hand and starting on a walk through the park.

 

        "Thank you Sunnyah, I'm glad I get to see you today." She was grateful for the small amount of time she got to spend with her girlfriend and intertwined their fingers to feel closer to her.

 

To Be Continued...