Chapter 1 - Morning Call

Love Between You And Me

 

 

The morning breeze woke her up. She shivered a bit from the chilly air of mid autumn. She glanced at the bedside table, shooting her glare at the ringing alarm from the rather cute alarm clock… that’s not cute anymore to her on this particular day.

 

It’s Sunday for holy Sunday’s !

 

She groaned, shutting the nagging machine and somehow, the date shown on the mechanical alarm clock rang something in her head.

 

‘I wonder what those date up for…’

 

Somehow, the comforting bed and warm comforter bring her back to sleep. This workaholic girl didn’t have much sleep last night. She was busy finishing her second novel that’s about to become best seller at this country ever again.

 

She just knew it. Nope, she was sure about it.

 

And that; makes her drifted back to sleep with a happy smile.

 

Two miles away from her, a man with loose dark blue necktie hanging lazily on his button up silver platinum shirt was driving his sedan. The black blazer long forgotten in the back seat, along with the luggage and the briefcase and those pile of document. His shining Rolex watch shone brightly when the sun that pokes shyly from the back of the hill making him flinched a little. He turned at a junction, through a road that was familiar to him; and that made his crooked smile turned into a genuine one.

 

He was coming back from the business meeting earlier than expected. Well, not that early, but a couple of days earlier than the exact schedule. He missed his home, he missed the scent of oak tree that lingers all around the area, and much more…

 

He missed her…

 

After a few minutes of driving, he soon arrived at the porch of his two storey house. It was cozy, English style that’s very rare at the neighborhood, with white wall and grey door, and a small dog house with ‘Sally’ hanged at the side made him smile at the familiar atmosphere.

 

He was home again.

 

He made his way to the front door, unlocking it and in a blink of an eye; he was engulfed in the scent of vanilla and rose, and a little bit of jasmine.

 

The smell of Hana; his younger wife.

 

Well, she was 8 years younger than him. Their parents arranged the marriage that made them together today. They met for the first time last year; the shorter 17 years old girl had barely graduated from high school, and the 25 years old man just came back from oversea from his study, ready to take over his family’s company.

 

And for that, he has to get married.

 

Who can resist the timid, cute, shy girl that’s hiding behind her mother when the family first arrived at the enormous mansion of Lee’s family? The long white dress that she was wearing along with the pink quarter cardigan that barely hide his , making her clutch at the fabric with red face. Her natural black, shiny hair was tied in a high ponytail and the bang of her hair was tucked behind her ears.

 

She was adorable.

 

And that instant, the cupid shot an arrow passed his cold, empty heart, making it warm and fuzzy and… flutter?

 

He was in love, and still he is.

 

Today was the day that his adorable wife to turn eighteen and he’d been working harder than ever in order to make it on time for the celebration.

 

And judging from the silent, warm house, he bet that she had forgotten her own birthday, again.

 

He made his way upstairs, to his bedroom and placed his belongings. Then, he walked through the hallway to her bedroom, silently in order not to wake her up in case she was still asleep.

 

Well, he knew that she was indeed still sleeping. She was a sleepyhead after all. Not to mention that it’s Sunday.

 

And you heard me right, they slept in different bedroom. Why?

 

Because she was just a kid back then, and he’s afraid if he ever do something that’s going to make her hate him. She was a shy, innocent little girl after all. When they first moved in, she was trailing behind him obediently like a lost puppy. The small luggage that she brought with her was held securely in her hands, she never let it go. When they made it on the second floor, the first door that she saw and her husband let her in was the room that she stayed until now.

 

“Well, this is your room.” Onew said while opening the door for the young wife of his.

 

She nodded shyly and smiled gleefully when she saw the white, queen sized bed in the middle of the room. Onew was taken aback of how beautiful his wife looked like.

 

“Well, I guess I’ll leave you here for now. I need to bring up the luggage from downstairs.”

 

She nodded timidly. Once the door closed, she put her small luggage down and literally jumping around the room and plopping down onto the soft mattress. Her long dress with long sleeve cardigan bounced along with her, showing off her milky white long legs and her long hair that’s tied up in a ponytail to loosen a little.

 

She was happy that the room was so nice. Well, it might be not pink like her old room, but white is the new pink from that day onwards in her life.

 

When she was busy jumping on the bed, she didn’t realize that her husband was opening the door to her room, making the young man to dropped his jaw upon seeing such a childish and bubbly act from the usually shy, silent girl. She was jumping and giggling happily, to the point where the loose hair band to fall and for her hair to bounce along prettily with her.

 

And for the second time in his life, he was falling in love again with the same girl.

 

He was smiling softly looking at his wife beaming act, and when she realized that there’s another person in the room besides her, she was beyond startled and instantly scrambled down onto the bed on her knees, clutching at the white comforter from pure embarrassment.

 

And her face, was nothing but red.

 

Onew was amused of how his wife could act one minute as a bubbly girl, and another minute as a shy, timid little girl. He guessed that she’s still not used to him, and the new environment.  He let out a small laugh that made her eyes watered a little. Upon seeing this, he made his way to the bed slowly and approached the girl. She was staring on her lap and her fingers were fiddling nervously with the hem of the cardigan that she wore.

 

And gosh, how adorable she was?

 

She shut her eyes tightly when she felt a soft, warm, big hand caressing her tomato cheek. Her bed dipped in a little from the weight from her husband. She bit her bottom lip, trying to calm down her erratic heartbeats and butterflies that were happily dancing in her stomach.

 

Onew beamed looking at his wife shy, timid act. How he loves his wife and there’s a warm feeling inside his chest whenever he’s looking at her pale, adorable face.

 

But now, her wife wasn’t bouncing happily on the bed, but was hiding behind the warm comforter innocently. The sunlight that’s peeking from the window didn’t manage to budge her from her sleep.

 

Onew chuckled softly. ‘She must’ve been staying up late again last night…’

 

His wife was a great writer. He found it out when she was calling him from school, telling that she forgot her English essay book. He immediately went to her room, picked it up from the study table and dashed to his car. When he arrived at school, in the waiting area, he can’t help but to peek inside the content of the book.

 

And then when he realized, that his wife could be as famous as JK Rowling if he ever gave her that chance to shine. When she arrived while panting slightly from running all the way from the East building to the North building, Onew couldn’t help but to stare at his innocently y wife.

 

There, a thin layer of sweat at her neck making her hair that’s tied up in pig tail to stick a little to it. Her long skirt that passed her knees and the long white sock that hides her limbs perfectly brought satisfaction to him. His wife might be a little nerd, but she’s a beautiful nerd.

 

“Ah, thank you, Onew-ssi.” She said while panting slightly.

 

He handed the book to the small awaiting hand with a fond smile. “You’re welcome.”

 

She blush a little. “Ah, I’m sorry to bug you on your free day. Please make a leave, I’ll take the bus to home later.” She said while looking down at her shoes. Her face was red again from the natural shyness that she carried.

 

Onew inched closer to his timid wife. Taking the hair that fell from her ears, he tucked it back to the right place. She was blushing furiously from the simple gesture, making her husband to skip a beat of his heart.

 

He patted her head. “Don’t worry, I’ll pick you up later. Maybe we can get to dinner afterwards?” he said while shoving his hand into his white denim, a gesture that shows nervousness and he was indeed, nervous.

 

The girl looked up straight into his thin eyes. The round orbs that’s large becoming larger than usual when she blinked it innocently, proceeding what had been asked to her.

 

After a few seconds, she finally registered it and nodded shyly while biting her lip. Onew grinned like a fool. “Great, I’ll bring you some clothes then.”

 

And that night, was their first date ever.

 

Onew smiled while remembering the beautiful night he enjoyed with his wife at the small, yet exclusive restaurant that his secretary; Key, picked.

 

That’s the night when he asked her if she ever thought about being a writer. Well, he asked the right question that the girl unconsciously blabber everything about her dream and hobby. The dinner went well with the comfortable topic lingers around them and when he proposed to her to be one of the novelist at his company, she didn’t think twice before nodding her head vigorously.

 

Of course, after that she went back to her shy demeanor. Blushing red that she realized she had been talking too much that night.

 

3 months after that, her first book was sold out in every book store and the sale of the company was rocketing. She was so happy and after she graduated 2 months ago, she began writing again.

 

Not that her result was that bad, in fact, it was quite opposite as she’s the best student of the school. She could pick any university that she wanted and they’ll happily accept her. But for the time being, she enjoyed being a housewife and a writer.

 

Maybe, she’ll sign up for college next year.

 

Onew inched closer into the room. The smell of jasmine and chamomile picked up his smelling sense. He could see the innocent face of her wife much clearer when he pulled down the comforter a little.

 

There, laid his wife with messy hair, her night attire was nothing but an oversized, comfortable thick v neck shirt, making her milky neck to glow and the swell of her to peek up from there.

 

And that was beyond y.

 

Onew kept the comforter at her hip, scared if he moved it downwards some more, he can’t control himself for what’s coming.

 

He brushed off the messy hair on her forehead. “Hana. Wake up, sweety.” He whispered in his husky voice. A little bit tired from jetlag and such.

 

She groaned softly, enjoying the warmth that’s from his husband’s big palm on her cheek. She snuggled to the hand, making Onew let out a small chuckle.

 

“5 more minutes, Mommy. I wanna sleep some more.” She pouted sleepily. Onew let out a small sad smile, feeling guilty for not taking her wife to meet her parents since he was busy with his overseas’ business nowadays.

 

He kissed her forehead lovingly. “Hana-ae, wake up. It’s your birthday, remember?”

 

Upon feeling the all too much familiar warm feeling that lingers on her forehead, she blushed furiously and snapped open her eyes in an instant, flinching a little when her eyes couldn’t cope with the sudden brightness.

 

She knew that her husband always steal a kiss from her whenever she’s asleep. He would always sneak up into her bedroom and placed goodnight kiss on her forehead, cheek or nose.

 

But never on her lips.

 

She would know that he’ll be there, but she was always too sleepy to even care. So, she let him kiss her every night and when he turned off the bedside lamp, she would blush hard from happiness.

 

She was in love with the handsome man since they first met. But she was too shy to even acknowledge her own feelings.

 

“Onew-ssi?” she whispered sleepily. She raised her hand unconsciously and rubbed her sleepy eyes. The innocent action caused Onew all his right senses not to jump on her right there and then.

 

Because half of her was visible from the low cut of the v neck shirt.

 

He cleared his throat a little, looking at the picture frame at the bedside table of her bed.

 

Their wedding photo.

 

He smiled a small smile, and that made Hana to bit her lip again. The butterflies inside her stomach had becoming wilder than ever.

 

And she’s just passed her menstrual days. Her hormones were imbalanced and thus, her ual needs were dangerously driving her crazy.

 

Who can stand having such a handsome, gentleman man as their husband? Moreover, he’s smart, highly educated and very caring towards his wife.

 

Somehow, she had to admit that she’s scared for what she’d been craving for the past three days. Onew never made any moves to shows that he wanted to have that kind of relationship with her.

 

She’s still a kid. Plus, she’s not pretty and stylish like any other girls on her age.

 

When girls out there busy showing off their y, long legs by having mini skirt or short shorts, or perhaps a mini dress that hung cutely on their small, petite body. But what she ever wore was long dress that reached her ankles and a long sleeve cardigan. Maybe, when it was summer she’ll pick the thin oversized t-shirt and wore it with long sweatpants.

 

She’s just too shy to reveal her body. Plus, she’s not confident at all of how she appears to her husband.

 

Unbeknown to her, Onew loves summer more than anything else. The oversized t-shirt that’s so thin sometimes shows her bra and some skin of her white, milky flesh. She has the perfect curve and flat tummy, and her s were not on average size.

 

She could pass as a model if she wanted to.

 

“Umm, when did you get home? I’m sorry, I’ll make breakfast now…” she swung her legs at the edge of the bed, but stopped right away when she realized that she’s wearing a really short shorts inside the comforter.

 

Onew chuckled at her act. “Oh my, you did forget it again, don’t you?”

 

She gave him a questioning look, cocking her head sideways and pouting a little with furrowed eyebrows and confusing stare.

 

A year ago, the situation was familiar like the day. She was washing dishes after dinner with his husband in their home, a couple of weeks after they got married.

 

Then, a loud cheer of happy birthday echoed behind her. There, stood her parents and her in-laws with a big vanilla cake in Onew’s hand. Not to forget the party cap on each one of their head.

 

She was dumbfounded for a while, but widened her eyes when realization hit her. It was her birthday, and she tends to forget it almost every year.

 

And this year, it’s not an exceptional.

 

Onew smiled when she’s been daze for a while. “It’s your birthday, Hana. Happy birthday, my wife.” He then kissed the reddened cheeks of his shy wife, smiling like a fool when she lowered her gaze and fiddling with the end of her long sleeve shirt and biting his lip. She did that quite often.

 

“Thank you…” she whispered, smiling shyly and in return, quickly kissed her husband’s chubby cheek, making the man’s heart to flutter and sending butterflies to his stomach.

 

And he couldn’t be happier.

 

It was the first time that Hana showed any form of affection towards him, and now she had opened her little world to other people.

 

Recalling he’s the first, he almost had Onew Condition when he almost fell from the bed, but regained his composure by grabbing the nearest object.

 

That turned out to be Hana’s hand.

 

*****

hello there, the very first chapter for this story is up! (^~^)
ahh, so fresh! it has been a while since I last posted my stories. the final exam's preparation is really not a joke ('__')

so people, comments and subscribe nee~ (>__<)