Gone

I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend!

I opened my eyes bit by bit, slowly adjusting to the light. I smacked my lips slightly, wetting it. My throat felt like it hasn't tasted water in a long time. As the image of the surrounding became clearer to my eyes, i saw someone with his head down at the end of the bed. I took a good look at him in hope of remembering something, anything.

Ahcoo! Achoo! Achoo!
 
The whole bed shooked at my sudden sneeze attack, waking him up in the process. I silently gasped at my own actions.
 
"You're awake!" he got up and moved his seat closer towards me. He looked extremely tired, with dark eye circles under his eyes. I gave him a blank look, not knowing whether i should apologise, say hello or anything.
 
"I know you don't remember me," he finally spoke, "It's okay. I won't force you," 
 
I could see the look in his eyes. There's fustration, but mostly hurt. I felt powerless. I couldn't remember anything.
 
The room was engulfed in an awkward silence. I bit my lips and stole quick glances at him once and then, not knowing what to say or what to do. After he was positive that i wouldn't speak to him, or say anything for that matter, he got up and head straight for the door.
 
"Can i..... have a glass of water?" I croaked. Woah, was that me? Yes, i sounded like . My body trembled as i spoke. Of course, something in me doesn't want him to leave. But what? 
 
He stopped in his tracks and literally ran towards the bedside table to pour me a glass of water. Then he helped me adjust my position so that i could drink comfortably.
 
"Thank you," I smiled meekly, "Can you tell me what happened? How did i end up here?"
 
His face lit up and he sat down quickly.
 
"Hanna told me you went to meet her. Then suddenly, i got a call saying you got into a car accident," Tao sighed slightly.
 
I gasped, "How's the driver? Is he fine? And who's hanna?" I creased my forehead slightly and shot him a quizzical look.
 
Tao nodded, "She's our friend. And yes, he just got discharged yesterday. He promised to foot the bills as compensation."
 
"Oh..... Uh..."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"I don't.... even know what my name is and how i look like," I threw my head down and then up again. "Will you help me?"
 
He gave me a somewhat pitiful, yet a relieved smile.
 
"Your name is Song Hyerin. Do you want to know what you look like?"
 
"Hyerin...." I stared into space. "That's a nice name," I smiled gracefully.
 
He took out a small mirror from the bedside table and handed it to me.
 
I reluctantly took it and placed it down on my chest.
 
"What's wrong?"
 
"It's kind of scary. Looking at yourself for the first time," I giggled a little.
 
"There's nothing to worry about, you're looking as amazing as always," He said, sincerely. I blushed a little and gave him a bashful smile.
 
I took a deep breathe and raised both my hands inch by inch, slowly. But as the mirror came into view, i shut my eyes tightly.
 
I heard the guy chuckle quietly beside me, "Go on, open it."
 
It took all i have to overcome the feeling of dread, and i forced open my eyes anyway. Almost instantly, all my fears and anxiety washed away when i see a small but very curious girl staring back at me. My hands found it's way to my face and i slowly touched my nose, eyes, mouth.... everywhere, desperately trying to familiarize myself with... myself. I see the end of my mouth curling up and i realised i was smiling.
 
"Beautiful, aren't you?
 
"Thank you...." I smiled and handed the mirror to him.
 
He kept the mirror safely in the cupboard before shifting his attention to me yet again.
 
"Um..."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Will you help me remember you?"
 
He nodded and beamed a huge smile. "My name is Huang zhi tao. But you call me tao. Im your bestfriend, and we live together," he finished.
 
"We do? Tell me more," My eyes twinkled with curiousity.
 
"We wrestle all the time, and i always win," he smirked slightly. I was speechless. 
 
"I can wrestle?" My eyes widened in surprise. Woah.......
 
"Not that well, but you're still good enough," he grinned.
 
I played with the end of my blanket and giggled slightly, amused by his words.
 
He smiled reassuringly and instantly, i felt relieved. It's like i know him so well, when i really do not. After a few minutes of just giggling, and chuckling, i looked straight into his eyes and said,
 
"I may not remember you. But please wait until i do. It seems like we have done so much together, but i remembered nothing," I sighed weakly before continuing, "My mind may not know you, but im very sure my heart does,"
 
Suddenly, the feeling of loneliness crept into my heart and i unknowingly broke into tears, sobbing ever slowly. This is so fustrating. I remember no one. NO ONE AT ALL.
 
I could feel his touch on my skin as he wiped away my tears with a piece of tissue. He hushed me and told me that everything is going to be alright.
 
"Im staying right here, and i won't leave you. I'll be here until you remember again. I promise," He my hair slowly.
 
I could feel more tears rushing to my eyes. That's the most wonderful thing a stranger could say to you. I took a deep breath, and calmed down. I gave him a thank-you smile and he smiled back.
 
"Hyerin?"
 

We both turned at the sound of a man's voice. He was staring at me, his expression so full of words that, for a moment, he can't choose the right one. When reality finally hits him, he rushed to my side and squeezed my hands gently. The moment he touched me, i remembered.... instantly.


"Are you feeling better?" He asked, concerned.
 
"I remember you....... kevin?" I raised my hands slowly to touch his arms.
 
His eyes widened in surprise and his mouth curled into an '0' shape. I could see tao's shocked expression and he got up and came closer.
 
"You.... remember him, but you don't remember me?" Tao asked, confused at what's going on.
 
I looked at kevin, then tao and back to kevin again. "I... uh.. only remembered the note you gave me before you left... when we were younger," I tried to remember some more, but i couldn't. "How long ago has it been?"
 
"9.... 9 years," Kevin smiled and then said again, "Im so glad you remembered me."
 
"Me too," I nod slightly before turning towards tao. Oh wait.
 
He's gone.
 
______________________________
 
[A/N] Hello there peepos! Well i figured i should say something to all you awesome readers =) I was supposed to update this at 8:43am (SGT) but the website died on me.
 
Okay first things first, im sure all of you heard about exo's comeback right? Am i the only one tearing my head out over this? I DON'T BELIEVE SO >:D Adghxbhhv *jumps over a building* Oh then, i read about yixing's ex-girlfriend. Awww how sweet. Did he leave her to pursue his dream? Aw, makes me want to write a fanfic about that, lol. Sigh, oh well. He's my bias by the way, and i love him loads :) <3
What about you guys? Who's your bias? Is it the gucci-lover huang zhi tao? The -face kris? (LOL) Prettyboy luhan? Baoxi xiumin? Or is it the dancing machine lay? Main vocalist, chen?
 
Oh forgive my rant! Nobody is quite there for me when im on my fangirl's mode xD I was gonna add EXO K up there, but maybe next time. And here goes my long author's note. I shall stop here then! Don't forget to hit subscribe (if you haven't), and comment please, thank you. Lengthy ones are loved!
 
Thank you to @infinitely-yours for being one of the most active ones there. You motivate me alot of your comments. Fighting! Toodles, for now =)
 
0.0 = D.O ㅋㅋㅋ