Do You Love Me?

Do You Love Me?

They were roommates for over a year, and until now, they still share the same room as before. Because of this, Baekhyun and Chanyeol developed a strong relationship and became very close. In fact, among all EXO-K members, their pair was known to be the one of the most attached with each other. Both of them can be usually seen being playful and constantly teases one another. Their fellow EXO-K members also notice this, but just considers those as friendly acts.

 

But behind those supposedly friendly acts is a much deeper sensibility. When Baekhyun met Chanyeol during their trainee years for the first time, he was easily smitten by his looks and charming personality, thus, he grew fond of him. He was delighted when he found out that the younger was a very approachable guy. He can't contain his happiness upon learning that he would be roommates with his favorite boy. Ever since they shared one room, the two instantly became closer. Baekhyun then felt something different and each passing day, it was getting deeper than what he thought. Soon enough, he finally discovered what it is: he had fallen in love with Chanyeol. Afraid of what might happen, he decided to keep it all by himself. Questions about the possible things that can occur once the others knew about his feelings were the reason why he kept silent, especially towards Chanyeol. He tried his best to be just a good hyung but failed. That's when he realized he have to accept it wholeheartedly.

 

Everything went fine between them until they headed to California, U.S.A for the much anticipated SMTOWN Live in LA. Baekhyun knows he should be glad since EXO-K, together with EXO-M, would be all there to perform. But instead, he felt disappointed and lonely. He noticed that Chanyeol wasn't spending enough time with him and was always with another EXO member, Kris. Even during their visit to Disneyland, he was usually by Kris's side, and that filled him with envy. It hurts him everytime he sees them having a good time. It seems that Chanyeol doesn't love him back as much as he does. All Baekhyun wanted to do was to cry his heart out because of regret. The regret of falling for a guy who doesn't feel the same way towards him.

 

When all of them returned to Korea, Baekhyun wasn't going out as often as he does before. He spent more hours in his room alone, letting jealousy to creep up inside him. He was sitting on his bed with head tucked in between his knees when Chanyeol came in.

 

"Hyung, why are you like that?" he asked worriedly. "Are you sick?"

 

Chanyeol approached him and gently touched his hyung's forehead and neck. The sudden contact sent electricity to Baekhyun, but he didn't dare to move.

 

"Hmm...you don't have a fever, but why are you acting weird nowadays? What's the matter?"

 

Slowly, Baekhyun lifted his head and stared directly onto his roommate's eyes. Sadness could be traced all over his small face.

 

"Tell me," he said weakly. "Is there someone who's already holding your heart?"

 

Confused, the other backed away and raised both his eyebrows.

 

"Huh? What do you mean, hyung?"

 

"Do you like someone in our group?" Baekhyun asked, completely ignoring the other's inquiry.

 

"O-Of course I like all of you guys!" Chanyeol stuttered. "We are one, remember?"

 

"That's not what I mean," the older said seriously. "Let me rephrase the question. Do you love someone in our group?"

 

 

The younger was completely astounded with the other's sudden question. He doesn't know what to answer, so instead he just kept his mouth shut. Suddenly, Baekhyun spoke with a much louder voice.

 

"You know what, I've been keeping this for months already. It's just that I was too afraid to tell because of what might happen. But I guess it's time for you to know..."

 

Chanyeol stared at his hyung, anticipating what he's about to say. Baekhyun closed his eyes and sighed deeply.

 

"I love you, Chanyeol. Ever since we met, I felt a certain attachment that pushed me to love you. I know it's weird but honestly, I felt so envious of Kris-hyung. You get to spend time with him during our stay in the US. You were always sticking with him. Haven't you remembered that I was there, hoping that you would talk to me? Why? Is he the one whom you love?"

 

 

Chanyeol was dumbfounded with what he heard.

 

"Hyung, no...it's not..."

 

"Then answer me truthfully," Baekhyun interrupted. "Do you love me? I mean, do you love me back?"

 

There was a short silence between them. The younger slightly smiled before speaking, breaking the awkward quietness that emerged in their room.

 

"I'm glad to hear that from you."

 

Baekhyun blinked a few times, completely misunderstanding him. Chanyeol continued, "First and foremost, I'm really sorry for causing you trouble. I didn't notice that you were already being hurt by my actions within these days. Second, I will explain to you why I intentionally did that. I stuck with Kris-hyung because I wanted to test how you would react. I had always been curious with your feelings towards me and I hoped you would show your jealousy by getting mad. I was quite saddened when your reactions didn't meet my expectations since you kept silent. And to answer that question of yours, yes. I do love you, Baekhyun-hyung. You're the one who's holding my heart. That's actually the reason why I spent more time with him rather than you; to make sure you also love me back. But now that you told me you do, I think I can jump off a cliff because of great happiness."

 

A grin slowly appeared on Baekhyun's face, and both of them laughed for a few minutes until they got tired. Baekhyun then tightly wrapped his arms around Chanyeol and rested his head on his shoulder, feeling less tense and relaxed. His expression has obviously became brighter.

 

 

"Now I know why, but please don't ever jump off a cliff," he whispered to the younger's left ear. "You'll kill yourself if you do that."

 

"I was just joking," he replied. "Of course I won't let myself die since I know there's someone whom I need to live for."

 

"You silly," Baekhyun chuckled as he broke their hug. "Aren't you too young to say such words?"

 

"Whatever. I just love you too much, hyung," Chanyeol playfully said.

 

"Then I also love you too much, Chanyeollie," Baekhyun said with a wide smile before planting a soft peck on the other's lips and pulling him into another tight hug.

 

 

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

 

 

A/N: Yeah I know it's short. Sorry >< Anyway, thanks for reading and also subscribing! Love you guys~ ^^