A case of mistaken identity... (Part 2)

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

 

"Will everything be okay?" Yoona waited anxiously from Seohyun's personal chauffeur to fetch her.

It was 7 days after the fateful meeting of the astoundingly similar duo. They had meet up every so often within the 7 days to update one another about their life. If they wanted to fit into one another's life, they had to know what was actually going on. Eventually Yuri and Sunny were let into the plan as they returned to the dorm early and were shocked to find the duo. Seohyun and Yoona were discussing how to conduct the switch that day. Yuri was initially reluctant to let the plan pass but Yoona begged her and Yoona has never failed to soften her heart. 

And so the fateful day came, Yoona would meet Seohyun at the mall to switch clothes and allow Yoona to board the private car that brought Seohyun around. Seohyun would then have to take a shuttle bus back to the flat Yoona shared with her 2 other roommates. In order to cast off all suspicions they even swapped their identity cards.

"Morning miss Seohyun, how was the shopping?" the chauffeur eagerly opened the door for Yoona to enter. Yoona bowed to the chauffeur to acknowledge his initiative. The chauffeur eyes widened for a bit, Seohyun had never bowed to him before. In fact, it was a norm not to. In the end, he casted off the suspicion and drove Yoona back to Seohyun's place.

"Oh miss Seohyun, your manager wants me to tell you that he will be popping by your place tonight to pass you your schedule." The chauffeur said as he dropped Yoona at Seohyun's private dorm.

"I understand, thank you for your hard work." Yoona bowed once more.

Just like that, the chauffeur drove off. Yoona looked up at the grand looking apartment. She gasped in awe, she was told by Seohyun that the apartments were mainly occupied by artistes like herself. 

Yoona walked slowly to the lobby embracing every single thing she sees. This new place that was soon to be her new home awed her in every single aspect. No more mundane flats, no more taking public transport, and no more saving and starving. 

The lift door opened and a lady in her twenties wearing sunglasses walked out of the lift.

"Ah Seohyun, casual as ever eh, not wearing any makeup. You should be more careful since the media in all over you in recent times." The lady spoke with sarcasm.

Yoona remembered Seohyun telling her about a particular label mate who would not stop at nothing to be Seohyun down to ash. She was probably the one. Yoona ignored her words and walked past her. Yoona entered the luxurious apartment filled with extravagant furniture. She then entered the fashion wardrobe which was filled with high-end clothes and accessories. Yoona could not stop smiling at the scene in front of her. 

---At Yoona's place---

Yuri and Sunny sat on the couch, waiting impatiently for Seohyun's arrival. They had to make sure that Seohyun moved in comfortably with them. Furthermore, Seohyun was a superstar. There would definitely be problems adapting to the commoner's life.

*Ding dong*

The doorbell rang and just as suspected it was Seohyun standing outside the door. They invited Seohyun in and poured a glass of water for her. 

"Thanks, but you guys don't have to do this." Yuri and Sunny looked at Seohyun doubtfully. 

Seohyun walked into Yoona's room and sat on the bed. Yuri and Sunny followed Seohyun into Yoona's room and stood by the door.

"Peace at last." Seohyun smiled. 

"Erm Seohyun, we're just telling you in advance, our lives are seriously simple and since you're Yoona you just have it worse than us. You don't exactly eat the best food and wear the best clothes." Sunny warning Seohyun due to concern. 

Seohyun looked at Sunny then pondered for a moment. All of a sudden, Seohyun stood up and started taking off all the accessories she had on her. She opened Yoona's wardrobe and picked out the plain looking pajamas and started stripping. Off came the clothes she swapped with Yoona this morning and Seohyun was now in simple pajamas. 

"I'm thankful for all the concern. Yoona sure is fortunate to have friends like you. Even though she is not wealthy, she's rich with good friends. Since we made the promise I will do my best to adapt so please guide me well." Seohyun went up to hold Sunny and Yuri's hands. 

"I always wished for the simple pleasures in life, to be normal and be able to interact with people without restraint. I'm thankful to Yoona for giving me this chance, to finally get some peace."

"If anything goes wrong, I promise I will make it work out." She assured them.

---1 month later---

Surprisingly, the both of them adapted to their lives much better than expected. Seohyun attended school and managed to catch up all that she had missed since she did not attend school in the earlier term. Yoona was living up the name for Seohyun as she sung her heart out and managed to captivate the hearts of many. 

The both of them were really successful in their own ways. Seohyun was soon within the top 10% of the entire school population. Even Yuri and Sunny was taken aback. Yoona surprisingly managed to out-perform Seohyun's fellow label mate, the whole company was now pumping large sums of money for her promotions and concerts. 

Amidst their new and hectic lives the duo would often meet up for coffee and talk about how they have been doing so far. However, they had to do so secretly, it would be disastrous if anyone found out about their plan.

"How did you manage to get the scandal out of the way?" Seohyun recalling the scandal that made her popular in the first place.

"Oh, I simply told the press that he was no where near my ideal type. I must have gained several haters that day." Yoona calmly replied.

Seohyun was impressed by how calm Yoona was managing the media and her life. If it was up to her Seohyun would have gone bonkers. She hated the media and all the conspiracy within the entertainment industry. Yoona, however, was able to embrace all that and live comfortably with all the things going on. 

Yoona on the other hand applauded Seohyun for studying so well and adapting to the pauper's life. Seohyun had even remarked that Yoona was earning an amount reasonable to live comfortably. When Yoona had always failed to save a single penny, Seohyun had already saved 2000 bucks. 

"You think we should make this permanent?" Yoona suddenly suggested. 

Seohyun was taken aback by the suggestion. She had not thought that far. Everything was going so well for her that it had never occurred to her that one day they would have to swap their lives back.

That night, the both of them left for their homes without coming to a conclusion. They laid on their beds and looked up to the ceiling that they had already become familiar with. Yoona picked up the laptop on her desk and started browsing through the Internet for news. She was randomly looking through the posts and suddenly saw a curious article, 'Seohyun, a big fraud'. Yoona panicked and read through the entire article. 

"It was reported just today by a fellow netizen that ,21 year old pop sensation Jung Seohyun, is actually another person in disguise. Pictures were reported to have been handed over to the company for verification. Resources states that the photos shows 2 identical person actually having a conversation and talking about their 'swapped' lives. It is certainly causing a buzz round town as the fans responded violently to the above news. Some showing support for the idol while others state that they felt as if their trust was abused. Further investigation will be carried out before anything is confirmed." Yoona's eyes widened, they had gotten into big trouble...

-----------------------

I had so many ideas for this story! >< 
I'm so sorry for the slow update. Mianhae.
This has got to be my longest 'short' story up to date.
I hope you guys like it. I might move on to the Yoonyul story before publishing part 3..
Need to gather my thoughts >.< Anyways those who are taking time off to read my story, thank you~ :)

Ahhh their latest 'mini' concert was great, just look at the photo above keke~ 
Hope to see you guys soon! :)

One more...