7 years

7 years

 

Lee Taemin and Lee Jinki have been dating for 7 years now; today will be their 7 year anniversary.

They both remember the first day they met like it was yesterday. The day was May 7th, a Friday.

 

- -

 

Taemin was having a stressful, tiring day, so he decided to go up to the roof, to get some fresh air, and peaceful quietness, but what he didn’t expect to find was a melodic voice coming from the roof. He continued to go up the steps, and as he got closer to the door, the clearer, and louder the voice got.

He was at the door now and he opened it slightly, carefully, not wanting it to make an annoyingly loud crack, and pouted when the body that belonged to the melodic voice was not in his peripheral, so he opened the door wider, and popped his head out on the roof, turned his head to see if they were on that side.

His lips curled up into a slight smile but quickly turned into a pout again when, yes, he did see the body, but they were turned so he just saw their back, as they continued to sing.

He felt like a creeper so he decided to enter the roof and leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest, closing his eyes listening to the stranger’s beautiful voice, but it suddenly stopped.

He quickly snapped his eyes open and looked over to where the stranger was, to see why they decided to stop, and noticed the stranger was staring at him.

Taemin walked a bit closer inspecting the stranger’s face. He looked incredibly handsome, even with the thick lenses, covering his eyes, and not so tamed, medium, light brown hair, but also incredibly cute with his shocked expression, tinted cheeks filled with embarrassment, and on his bottom lip.

Taemin go closer to the dumbfounded man, looking down, to the lining of the blazer, dark blue, so he’s a senior. Taemin thinks, as he smiles at the man sweetly, “You have such a beautiful voice, I would like to hear more …” he trails off, wanting the senior to say their name.

They stuttered out, “J-ji-Jinki, L-Lee Jin-Jinki.” While staring down at their fingers, like they just noticed they had fingers.

“Lee Jinki? That’s cute my name’s Lee Taemin, thanks for asking.” Taemin chuckled.

“You didn’t ask either, but sorry anyways.” Jinki mumbled the first part, which just caused Taemin to lean in and ask ‘say it again, please?’

Jinki got even more red, now his eyes more focused on his fingers, but somehow found the courage to quickly look up, noticing yellow lining on the blazer of Taemin’s.

Freshman.

They stayed up there, having the wind blow between them, as they continued to converse, a blushing Jinki, and a Teasing Taemin.

Taemin knew right then and there that he fell for Jinki, hard.

 

--

 

That was the first day of much persuasion, hugs, kisses, embraces, arguments, fights, break-ups, getting-back-togethers, and stay-overs. All of this just brought them closer together.

 

~**~

 

Jinki walked into his apartment like always, looking forward to how Taemin would feel that day. Taemin never felt the same two days in a row, one day he’d be pouty, the next he’d be excited, and on some he was so uncontrollably, unbearably, wanting, but today Jinki walked into an empty, dark apartment. He pouted, slightly disappointed.

He put his palm flat against the wall, quickly searching for the switch, when he found it, he flicked it on and the bright lights for the entrance, he slipped off his shoes, happy in the inside that he didn’t trip or stumble this time taking them off. Then, he felt against another wall, and flicked on the switch, turning the lights on in the living room, then he exclaimed, “I’m home! Taemin, where are you?!” hoping that Taemin was playing hide and seek, but when he got no response he went and walked over to the couch, plopping down, sinking into the couch.

His eyes flicked across the mahogany table in front of the couch and noticed something white, leaned over a bit for a better view and noticed it was paper, or better, a note.

He reached for it with his right hand, grabbing the letter he brung it to his eyes and began to read it.

Dear Jinki,

Come to the roof.

,Taemin :)

Jinki’s lips curled into a smile and he snickered to himself. He got up from the couch, slightly slipping, almost falling back down, but catching himself on the armrest, walking towards the bathroom, to take a quick shower, then he fixed his hair, and got dressed, when he deemed he looked ‘not-so-bad’ he walked over to their bed, and dug in between the mattresses, taking out a silky black box, instead of the regular soft red box. He shoved it into his pants, grabbed his keys, and phone, turning off all the lights, locking the door, and began to walk up the stairs towards the roof, since the apartment they lived in had an elevator that would work every now and then, and it seemed to go super slow, so it was better to just go up and down the stairs.

~__~

As he got closer he expected Taemin to pop up and say ‘surprise!’, but instead he heard a soft, angelic voice, getting clearer and louder. Taemin? he thought as he got to the door to enter into the roof of the apartment complex. He peered into the already opened door, and noticed the back of a familiar fragile frame, having their hair being carried into the wind as they sing their lungs out.

He smiles and instantly knows what Taemin is playing at. He leans against the wall, closing his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest, listening to the beautiful voice, having him in a trance, almost asleep, but quickly snaps out of it when the singing stops, he opens his eyes, noticing a smirk and wide eyes staring at him.

He walked up to Taemin, picked his hand up, putting the palm flat against Taemin’s jaw, it, looking down into his breath taking eyes, smiling.

Taemin takes Jinki’s hand in his and brings it down in between them, then takes Jinki’s other hand, doing the same.

They both whisper to each other, “Happy 7th year anniversary.” in unison.

Then Jinki leans his head down, and Taemin tilts his head up, slightly, pushing up on his feet slightly, they bring their lips closer and closer together, until there is no distance and they meet for a light, long, soft kiss.

When they pull apart, still holding hands, Jinki gets on one knee, lets go of one of Taemin’s hand, and digs in his pocket taking out the black silky box, with slight difficulty, now letting go of Taemin’s other hand. He opens the box, revealing a silver ring, flashes  his best smile, he looks up to a surprised Taemin, asking, “Taemin, will you ma-” “WAIT! Wait, wait! That’s not fair! Get up, Get up! Come on, faster!” Taemin interrupts, pulling Jinki up to his feet.

Jinki looks at Taemin puzzled.

Taemin ignores Jinki’s expression and walks over to the wall Jinki was leaning on, squats down, and reveals a velvety red box from a big crack on the wall. He gets back up and walks back to Jinki, who is still dumbfounded, while Taemin is all smiles to him.

Taemin, now in front of Jinki, opens the velvet box, to reveal a silver ring, identical to Jinki’s.

Jinki, now caught by surprise, with his mouth gaped open, staring at Taemin.

“Will you marry me?” Taemin says confidently through a toothy smile, “Wha-” Jinki is barely able to say.

“Sorry, I wanted to ask first.” Taemin admits, now blushing, toothy smile turning into a soft smile, “I’ll answer you after you answer me!” He adds.

“Uh, yeah.” Jinki mutters as he tries to process what exactly is going on, and then shakes his head, “I mean, yes, I do, I’d love to marry you.” Jinki rambles on about why he would but forces himself to stop, because he was blushing from ear to ear, a dark shade of red.

Taemin giggles, and takes the silver ring from out of the velvety box, and takes Jinki’s left hand, then he put the ring on Jinki’s cute, stubby ring finger, bringing it up to his lips, he kisses the surface of the cold silver ring, which is now on Jinki’s finger, mumbling, “I do too.” into Jinki’s hand.

Jinki snaps out of his daze when he hears that, he picks up his right hand, which was holding the black silky box and takes out the silver ring, this time he takes Taemin’s left hand, and slips Taemin’s beautiful, slender ring finger in it.

They interlock their hands, having the rings shine in the sun between them, and bring their lips close again, for another kiss.


uhhhh............................yeah................................how was it?

you can tell me by a comment! :)

tumblr_m57n0mRkwf1r0vruco8_250.gif

ok seriously, i'm working on the others!!!!

 

bye bye!

weirdo_with_love