04

Living Hell [HIATUS]

 

            It’s about 9:32 am right now, and I am currently pacing around my room. With my yellow flip phone being clenched in my right hand, I watched the ground with my left hand on forehead. Every now and then, I glanced over at the communication device to check if I had gotten any silent messages, but to no avail.

            “What am I doing? I’m supposed to apologize; why would she message me?” I spilled my thoughts aloud. It didn’t really matter; my parents weren’t home again, so there was nobody listening. I exhaled upwards in frustrating, blowing my bangs up for a split second. I sat myself down on the edge of my bed and fisted some of my blonde hair. My mind strained itself to piece together a well thought-out apology to say to the girl. I eyed the phone one more time before roughly shutting my eyes.

            “Goddamn it!” I cursed before flipping the phone open. I began to scroll down my contact list, only to stop when the name I wished for was highlighted. Before I changed my mind, I hit the signature green ‘talk’ button. Pressing the phone to my ear, I listened carefully to the ringing sound. A few seconds passed, and I honestly was being to think she was ignoring me. I guess I would to, I thought as I began to reach for the ‘end’ button.

            “Hello?” I suddenly heard.

            “Hello!” I yelled as I brought the phone back up to my ear. She chuckled lightly at my sudden outburst.

            “Somebody’s excited,” she joked. I was about to laugh along when I realized what I had called for. I gnawed at my lower lip for a little while to remember what I was going to say.

            “I’m sorry,” I apologized, making sure to sound as wholehearted as I was. I could tell she was smiling solemnly on the other line as she spoke.

            “Come over,” was all she said before hanging up. The dial tone came soon after and I slightly raised my eyebrows in a lazily shocked manner. Was I so easily forgiven? Deciding I was, mostly to calm my insecure thoughts, I hurriedly got dressed. I slipped on a pair of grey skinnies along with a light brown shirt lined with white. I pressed my hand against the window next to my bookshelf and determined that it was a little chilly out. On my chair was a creamy beige cardigan which I quickly put on.

            I tried to hurriedly put on my dark brown combat boots, but it seemed impossible to put on such shoes in a rush. Once I finally got them laced, I ran out the door and barreled through Yuri’s. She was nowhere to be seen at first, so I headed straight for her bedroom. Sure enough, there she was, sitting with her head buried between her knees. Although I normally would have tried to surprise her, I knew my heavy pants and loud stomps up the stairs had helped her acknowledge my presence. She didn’t even make a move to look up, so I took that as a sign to go comfort her. Quickly, I scurried over to her side and wrapped an arm around her slumped shoulders.

            “Hey,” I softly greeted her as I kissed her temple. She unburied herself from her knees and instead leaned her head onto my shoulder. In turn, I laid my head on top of hers.

            “Hi.”

            “Are you okay?”

            “You didn’t say anything,” she suddenly stated, ignoring my question. I lifted my head off of hers and she followed suit. We looked into each other’s eyes for a while until I finally spoke.

            “Nope.”

            “Why not?”

            “Because I knew you wouldn’t have wanted me to,” I explained which kind of caught her off guard. When she finally composed herself, she gave me a solemn smile.

            “Yeah, I’m okay,” she answered my question that I thought was forgotten. “He’ll be back eventually, anyways.”

            “You sure?”

            “Well, I do love him, so of course I’ll wait,” she laughed as if I had said something funny. I tried to join her, but my laughs seemed to turn out so lifeless. I quickly coughed to cover it up, but the damage has been done. She had heard them; it was obvious. I mean, she was already giving me worried glances at this point.

            “To help distract you, why don’t I take you out?” I recommended as a way to keep her mind away from Taemin and my weirdness. She seemed to catch my drift and started to follow my lead.

            “Are you asking me out on a date, Youngminnie?” she joked before playfully hitting my shoulder. Deciding to be confident, I went for it.

            “Yes, I am,” I confessed with a sincere smile. She immediately returned it, but I knew we both interpreted my confession differently. Based on her reaction, I bet she assumed it was a friendly way. I internally let out a sigh. Why can’t she just figure out that I like her?

            “And where are you taking me on this fine day?” She exaggerated the statement with an accent. I rolled my eyes while waving to her like she was crazy.

            “It’ll be a surprise,” I explained before pointing to her closet as a signal to get dressed. She immediately understood, what with our childhood friend telepathy, and ran off to get dolled up. That is not an exaggeration because she came out all primped and polished. Compared to the simple outfit she had worn for Taemin, this one made that dress look like cheap. She dressed in an elegant beige dress that had ruffles from the beginning to the end of her chest with buttons lined down the middle. The top was tight, but the dress ended with a fluid finish until her knees. She did her signature spin after getting dressed, and gave me look that begged for reassurance.

            “You look perfect,” I chuckled softly before breaking into a smile. “Why so dressed up?”

            “Because I have no clue where you are taking me. Should I change into something more casual?”

            “No, it’s fine. I like this outfit, so I’ll switch plans.”

            “If you had something in mind, don’t change plans, let me change outfits.”

            “I mean, I had multiple ideas, so I hadn’t decided yet. This helped me figure out what I’m going to do,” I tried to convince her. I could tell she was slightly reassured, so I grabbed her hand and dragged her downstairs before she even tried to make a break for her closet. Once down, I went to battle my combat boots again while she searched for some shoes.

            “Heels or flats?” she yelled from her laundry room just past the living room and near the kitchen. I laughed softly to myself as I debated on what would be best. In all honesty, she looked beautiful, so stunning, in high heels, but I knew she would be more comfortable in flats. After much debate, I decided I didn’t know what to choose.

            “You pick,” I exclaimed, thinking that whatever she chose was meant to be. As I laced up the last boot, my ears were greeted with the sound of clacking. A smirk stretched across my face when I assumed that it was heels after all. I turned around to clear my suspicions. Since it was cold, Yuri was wearing her brown oxford high heels with some light brown leg warmers. Currently, she was putting on a grey cardigan and tying the strap into a bow on her hip. Once she was pleased with her look, she glanced at me with a smile.

            “Ready!” she announced giddily as she strut her way over. I smiled as I sneakily looked her up and down, taking in the sight real quick.

            “Let’s go,” I chuckled lightly before obnoxiously putting my hand on my hip. She got the hint and slid her arm through the hole. Afterwards, her arm wrapped around mine and she cuddled into my side. Not separating, we continued to stay like that until we got to the car. The drive was much more pleasant to the previous ones the day before. Yuri had turned the radio onto some station that began blasting a SHINee song. Seeing the smile on her face, I just scoffed and sang along with her quietly. Although I did hate Taemin, I wasn’t going to hate my favorite band; I have liked them way longer than I’ve hated Taemin anyways.

            “So where is this mysterious place?” she asked seconds after the song ended.

            “You’ll see,” I laughed at her impatience. In the corner of my eye, I saw that she was pouting, but I just pretended that I saw nothing. As we were getting closer to our destination, I immediately demanded for her to cover her eyes. After much argument, she finally complied and put her hands over her eyes. Once at our destination, I let her know that we were there. Soon after, she removed her hands and let out a surprised gasp.

            “An amusement park?” she exclaimed, completely thrilled by the sight of the rides and games. Instead of answering her question since it was so obvious, I just proceeded to step out of the car. Together, we walked hand in hand to the entrance. Since Yuri was completely distracted by the rollercoasters, I ended up paying for the both of us. I didn’t really mind, I guess; it helped me create the illusion of us actually being on a date.     

            Once we made it through the turnstiles, Yuri began to drag me around while enthusiastically point out rides she wanted to go on. From left to right, rollercoasters to the carnival games, the girl pointed out practically everything. Eventually, she spotted the largest ride that the park had to offer and immediately ran us over there. There was a line that we had to wait in, but Yuri was shaking from how anxious she was. It wasn’t long until we got to the front. After settling in our seats, Yuri reached over and squeezed my left hand for reassurance.

            “You okay?” I laughing, teasing her for her sudden change of attitude. She gave me a nervous smile and hesitant nod. Just then, the ride began to start, almost as if it had gotten the signal from Yuri’s okay. Her grip tightened, the life out of my fingers. However, her anxious, worried facial expression helped me get over it. I tried my best to squeeze her hand back as a comforting act, but it just wasn’t happening. The rollercoaster started to pick up speed, hurriedly approaching a bump. We steadily made it to the top, waiting for the dip that would send the adrenaline running through our veins. I felt a quick squeeze before screams were all I could hear.

            At the end of the ride, I exited clutching my stomach with my hand over my mouth. Even though I couldn’t see myself, I would bet I was turning green. Yuri was jumping up and down, cheering for us to go again.

            “We are – ugh – so not going again,” I managed to say without regurgitating my breakfast. Once she saw my state, she immediately wrapped an arm around my middle to help support me. She tried hard not to giggle at the fact that I got sick from the rollercoaster, but she couldn’t keep them in. As I groaned sickly, she dragged us to a bench, laughing.

            I began to sip obnoxiously at the Sprite Yuri fetched me a few minutes ago as I looked for a more calm ride. In the end, we dashed through all the carnival games. From the ring toss to balloon darts, we played them all. I ended up winning Yuri a stuff animal bunny and dog while she got me a large Pooh Bear.

            “You are so great,” I kept chanting as I hugged my gift. After spinning around with it a few times, I guess you could say I danced with it.

            “Are you talking about me or the bear?” Yuri laughed at my childishness. I was too giddy about Pooh that I could care less about her teasing. We stopped by my car to drop of the toys and looked for one last ride since the sun was beginning to set. Yuri held my hand as she anxiously glanced left and right. I squeezed her fingers gently before pulling her to what I’d waited all day to go on.

            “Younggie?” she questioned my sudden move, but followed me anyways. The lines were now nonexistent since it was almost closing time. We got into the bottom cart of the Ferris wheel, and once it was closed securely, the operator immediately started it up. I watched as the people below began to shrink and we began to fly higher into the sky. Sneakily, I took Yuri’s hand into mine and turned to look at her. She was already staring at my face, smiling gently and happily.

            “This was the best day ever,” she declared as she leaned her head against my shoulder. I awkwardly tried to kiss her hair before laying my head upon hers.

            “Feel better than? Forget about Taemin?” I laughed at the end, knowing I was asking for the impossible with the last question.

            “For a second, I did forget about him,” she mumbled honestly. However, I caught it, but didn’t exactly believe it. I pulled away to look her in the eyes, but when I turned, I was surprised to feel something soft against my lips. Yuri’s wide eyes met with mine, and I began to take in what was happening just as it began to end.

            “I’m sorry,” Yuri started to ramble, “I tried to kiss your cheek, but you turned suddenly and-“

            “It’s okay,” I placed a finger on her lips. Her cheeks immediately reddened from this act and scooted as far away from me as possible. Her back was now facing me, so I followed suit and looked out the window. As the cart began to get closer to the ground, I grazed the tips of my fingers over my heating lips.

            “I hope you guys enjoyed your time here, but it’s now time to go,” the operator for the ride announced as the door opened. Yuri jumped out ahead of me and made a break for the car. Sighing, I trudged after her while running my hands through my hair. Once inside the car, I started it up, shifted into drive and headed for the apartments.

            “Sorry, sorry, sorry,” Yuri kept mumbling apologizes as she brought her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms securely around it. Being crushed between her thighs and her chest was the stuffed bunny I had gotten her. With my left hand on the steering wheel, I used my other hand to soothingly rub her knee.

            “I already said it was okay,” I softly chuckled to lighten up the atmosphere. My heart was trying to slow itself down for that high I got after the kiss, but I kept calm to help comfort Yuri. She unburied her face from her knees to look at me.

            “You sure?”

            “Positive,” I declared with a nod for emphasis. Once she finally relaxed, we made it home safely. She unbuckled her seatbelt and grabbed hold of her prizes, making her way out of my car with them snuggled in her arms.

            “Thanks for these,” she smiled sweetly at me before burying her face into the cuddly toys. I laughed and waved her off. She ran to her apartment while I tried to pull my big Pooh Bear out of the backseat without reclining the chair. Once I got it out, I slowly escalated up the stairs. Once at the top, I was surprised to see Yuri sitting in front of my door. She didn’t have her toys with her, so I assumed she threw them into her room before waiting for me.

            “I just wanted to say thanks again for today,” she explained as she got up with her arms stretched out. I s my arms around her waist before prying her off the ground. My feet slowly turned, spinning both me and the flailing girl around. Together, our laughter filled the hallway even after I set her down. While she was calming down, a serious expression suddenly came over me.

            “I love you,” I confessed with a gentle smile. Her laughter slowed down to hiccupped giggles. She tried to gnaw at her bottom lip to calm herself down before answering.

            “Love you too; night,” she carelessly stated before kissing my cheek and running off. Once her door slammed, I let out a roar of frustration. Misunderstood again. 


 

Author's Note: I wish I could have updated sooner. I'm so sorry, guys. :P I kept writing small chunks of this chapter for the past few days and just finally finished it. I recently got a job, so it make take me longer to update than I had originally planned. Oh my god, that kiss was not supposed to happen! haha. The date was, but not the kiss. That small kiss wasn't planned during my story developing process, but oh how I wanted the romance and love. Plus, Youngmin needed a break from his depressed, forever alone corner. :) I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Please leave a comment and subscribe <3

Oh, and random note, if you guys haven't already, please check out my Tumblr! It's all K-Pop, but mostly comprises of SHINee, Boyfriend and EXO-K. Please follow! 

Question of the Day: Shawols, who is your favorite of the five? :) 

Mine is most definitely Jonghyun right now! 

iest puppysauras in the entire world <3