12

Living Hell [HIATUS]

 

            After school, I rushed over to Yuri’s house to find her and Taemin already lounging on the couch. When I went to sit on the side of the couple, Taemin immediately jumped out of his seat and demanded I sat between them. He insisted that he didn’t want me to feel awkward with them cuddling the whole time. In all honesty, I don’t think they would have snuggled together anyways. The whole time the TV show was airing, Taemin hid his face away into the arm rest. I guess I would do the same thing; especially since Yuri was just on the other side of the couch, boasting loudly about how her boyfriend was such a fantastic actor.

            Once the show was over, Yuri was jumping out her seat, cheering. Taemin kept telling her to stop embarrassing him, but she insisted that he did a great job. The two ended up with a playful argument that ended with Yuri and duct tape over . While she pouted in her seat, Taemin began to throw us into a wonderful conversation that involved dogs and dressing one up as Winnie the Pooh. I really don’t know how we got to that discussion, but it was quite entertaining; almost as entertaining as watching Taemin struggle to put the duct tape on Yuri.

            Taemin later popped us some popcorn, and we ate it happily while continuing to converse. Every now and then, we taunted Yuri since she couldn’t eat the delicious salty treat. However, the girl just sat beside us, glaring each of us down. The act only elicited more chuckles from Taemin and I. The end of the night rolled by quickly after, and I was about to depart. Taemin asked if he could sleepover at my place, but Yuri, after she ripped the duct tape off, said he couldn’t since he was ‘being a big meany’. Taemin proceeded to whine, and Yuri continued to stay strong. In the end, I saw the love in their eyes and left the two to sort out their fake spat.

            Saturday quickly came by in the morning. Normally, I’d be really excited to sleep in, watch television, and just all around be lazy. However, Minwoo had different plans for me. The boy ended up calling me at seven in the morning, saying that I was needed at the café near my house at nine. He also ordered that dressed nicely. When I asked what this was all about, he refused to answer my questions and hung up. Nevertheless, I followed his instructions like a good friend and even showed up at the café early.

            “Wow, you are dressed more nicely than I expected,” Minwoo said in awe, taking in my attire. I dressed in my usual skinny jeans, but also wore a button up and nice jacket. My eyebrows furrowed as I glared at the younger.

            “You never specified,” I grumbled with my arms crossed over my chest. Minwoo placed a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

            “It’s fine; here, let me help you,” he offered before sneaking behind me and tugging on my jacket. I let the clothing item slip down my arms, leaving me just in my button up. Minwoo hung the jacket on the side of a chair and quickly rushed back to my side. He rolled up my sleeves slightly and then ed the top three buttons.

            “Don’t you think this is a little too-“

            “Seductive? Well, today is your speed dates, so it seems necessary,” Minwoo answered for me with a shrug, thinking it was really not that big of a deal. When I took in what he said, I pushed his hands away from my shirt.

            “Wait what? Why didn’t you say so sooner?”

            “I thought you figured it out since you came here, following all my instructions perfectly. In fact, you took the initiative to come early.”

            “Well, that’s because – I didn’t…” I began to trail off, not knowing how to explain myself to the younger.

            “Anyways, some girls came early, so here’s how everything is going to work. My cousin is the owner of this place, so he’s letting all the girls stay in the backroom. I’ll bring them over to you, who will be sitting wherever,” Minwoo explained, droning on and on about his plan. “I figured since there wasn’t that many, you wouldn’t mind spending five minutes with each one. That’ll give you enough time to get to know them.”

            “I guess that’s fine,” I nodded, showing that I understood. I took a seat at the table right next to me, and Minwoo went off to get the first girl. A few seconds later, he returned with a girl who was shorter with long brown hair and matching eyes. She took the seat in front of me, and Minwoo dashed off to grab his phone on the table three seats away.

            “Hey, my name is Chorong,” she immediately introduced herself, not wanting to waste a second of her five minutes.

            “I’m Youngmin; nice to meet you,” I politely greeted with a plain smile. Chorong mimicked my actions except her smile seemed much giddier.

            “Well, to tell you about myself, I like to play volleyball, reading…” she began to list out her hobbies. Whenever I tried to speak, she’d cut me off and finish whatever story she was telling. As she continued to ramble on and on, I felt my attention and interest diminishing with every tale she told.

            “You know, I’m being rude. Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” she finally allowed me to speak. I smiled, thanking the lord that she finally shut up. I know that seems really mean, but if you were here now, you’d be saying the same thing.

            “I like listening to music and-“

            “Me too!” she cheered while clapping her hands, trying to act cute. “My favorite artist is 2NE1, but my favorite song is by SiSTAR. One time, I went to their concert and-“

            “Sorry, your time is up,” Minwoo came to my rescue. Chorong gave him a pout, hoping that we could have a few more minutes. However, I made a distressed face to Minwoo and he immediately shook his head to Chorong. The girl stomped off with Minwoo to the backroom, and I slouched in my chair. Only one girl down, and I’m already drained. It was Saturday, after all. I should be making up all the sleep I’d missed during the weekdays.

            “Hello, my name is Hyorin,” the next girl announced as she took a seat. Although she spoke clearly, the way she stared at the table instead of me showed how timid the girl was.

            “I’m Y-“

            “Youngmin, I know,” she quickly finished for me. Her lips curved into a small smile when my name rolled off her tongue.  Almost immediately, I figured that Hyorin had a crush on me. I’ll admit that I found her shy demeanor to be cute, but it seemed the more active type of girl was the ones I liked better. After all, Yuri was pretty eccentric.

            “Well, would you like to tell me about yourself or shall I start?” I tried to engage us in a conversation.

            “Well, I already know a lot about you, Youngmin, so I’ll just start,” she answered with a shaking smile. Her comment at the beginning was… creepy, but I maintained a smile since I didn’t want to be rude. In the end, we actually had quite a bit in common. The whole conversation would have been more enjoyable, however, if she hadn’t told me her interests while making commentary about how I had the same interest. Minwoo eventually came over and took her away before bring yet another girl. The whole process went on for a while until I had just finished with the fifth girl. I begged Minwoo for a break and was now lying back in my chair, tired and frustrated.

            “Are we done yet?” I cried for mercy, feeling as if I was being tortured. Minwoo took the seat across from me and slouched over with his chin rested in his hands.

            “Halfway through buddy,” he tried to cheer me up, but it only worsened my mood.

            “Minwoo,” I whined, pounding my fists on the table. “This is so horrible!”

            “Look, the crazy girls just happened to be first on the list. Don’t worry; I fully believe that you’ll like this next girl.”

            “What’s her name?”

            “Bora,” a girl suddenly interrupted us. When I looked up, my eyes instantly widened. I was shocked to see the girl from yesterday, standing before me. She was dressed in a simple pastel pink dress that made her look so beautiful. Minwoo jumped out of his seat, allowing her to take it before dashing to back to his original spot.

            “H-hi,” I greeted shyly.

            “Hey, I’m sorry. Those girls over there were glaring at me since I was next, and it was being to get really uncomfortable,” she laughed softly as she explained why she suddenly intruded.

            “Oh, it’s totally cool,” I waved it off like it was no big deal. When her smile widened, I felt my heart begin to race. “I-I’m actually kind of shocked to see you here.”

            “W-well,” she looked away, embarrassed. She caressed the back of her head, fluffing her hair lightly with her fingers. “Minwoo said you were looking for a g-girlfriend, and you are pretty…”

            “I’m sorry?” I asked, not clearly hearing how she ended the sentence. My curiosity was growing when she mentioned something about me.

            “Attractive, okay? You happy? I think you are attractive,” she exclaimed, clarifying what she had meant to say. Immediately after she covered her face with her hands, but I’d caught a glimpse and saw it was completely flushed.

            “Aw, you are so cute,” I cooed as I leaned over to remove her hands. When I managed to pull her hands away slightly, it seemed as if her face had gotten redder.

            “Now you are embarrassing me,” she pouted while shaking her head vigorously.

            “If that’s the case, I’ll make you feel better by embarrassing myself. I honestly think you are very cute and beautiful,” I confessed, feeling my heart begin to race and my face begin to heat up. Bora finally removed her hands and looked into my eyes.

            “Honestly?”

            “Yup.”

            “You promise?” she asked, worried I might be lying. I almost snickered at her cuteness, but the gaze she gave me showed how truly scared she was. My hands instinctively took hers; my thumbs rubbed the back gently to sooth her.

            “I swear,” I earnestly told her while staring deep into her eyes. Her tense aura suddenly cleared, and she brightened up instantly.

            “Thanks, Youngminnie,” she cheered before sniffling, showing how grateful she was for the compliment. When I suddenly realized that she had used the nickname Yuri had for me, I suddenly felt guilty. It almost felt as if I was betraying her, even though I really wasn’t. My heart panged slightly when I thought of Yuri, and I immediately winced at the horrible feeling I’d come to be familiar with. Bora seemed to notice my change in attitude and become worried.

            “Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine!” I held my hands up to try and ease her. “Just had… weird thoughts.”

            “Oh…”

            “Don’t worry too much about it,” I smiled happily. “Instead, why don’t you tell me about yourself?”

            “Well, I really like singing and dancing,” she tapped her finger lightly against her bottom lip, as if she was thinking hard about her hobbies.

            “Oh really? It’s the same for me. Well, I really just like anything involving music in general.”

            “Oh my god, me too!” she cheered before giggling lightly into her hands. “I practically listen to music twenty-four-seven.”

            “And in the shower?”

            “Especially in the shower,” she rolled her eyes, acting as if the answer was obvious. I chuckled at her sudden cocky attitude change and she immediately joined in. Our conversation never had breaks, and overall amazing. It was as if we had a long list of things in common, but we really didn’t. We definitely had more things that we individually liked, but the other always had something to say about that topic. The five minutes flew by faster than expected, and I found myself, for the first time today, wishing I could stay here longer.

            “Well, your time is up,” Minwoo announced after coming to our table. Bora made a move to stand up, but I leaned onto the table and laid my hand over hers.

            “Would you like to go somewhere else then?” I offered hopefully. Bora seemed taken aback by my sudden outburst, but nodded nevertheless. Minwoo had the biggest grin on his face, but I was too focused on Bora. I dragged her out of the café, never letting go of her hand.

            “Where are we going?” she laughed as I continued to run. It was a light speed, and Bora didn’t even seem to mind at all. In fact, she held onto my hand as tightly as her small hand could. The feeling of having somebody’s hand in mind made me feel so complete. Furthermore, the fact that it was Bora’s, whose hand I had grabbed onto just yesterday after I knocked over, it made my stomach churn. It was a nauseous feeling that made my heart race out of control; I really liked it.

            “I’m not sure,” I admitted as I stopped at the corner. My chest heaved as I tried to catch my breath. A breeze blew over us, and I was so grateful. My eyelids fluttered shut while I stood with my arms on my side as I enjoyed the lovely feeling. When I opened my eyes, I felt the breath knocked out of me. The wind made Bora’s hair and dress dance along with it, making the girl seem so angelic. With the sun slightly setting, I couldn’t help but marvel at her beauty.

            “What?” she asked, beginning to feel uncomfortable under my gaze. I unconsciously smiled at her before giving her hand a small squeeze.

            “You just looked so beautiful,” I confessed. Her eyes widened at the comment, and when I finally realized what I said, the two of us looked away in embarrassment. Neither of us spoke after that, and so I just continued to drag her along. I noticed a park not too far away and changed our course to head over to it. When Bora looked up to see the wonderfully green scenery, her face lit up like a Christmas tree. She let go of my hand, which elicited a frown from me, and ran off towards the playground area.

            “Push me, Youngmin!” she called for me as she sat on a swing, kicking her legs back and forth. As I walked over to her, her body suddenly shrunk into the size of a child. Her long silky hair’s length was cut in half. My eyes widened when I realized that the new girl before me was Yuri when she was younger.

            “Youngmin, push me!”

            “Hey, are you okay?” Bora suddenly appeared before me, breaking my trance.

            “Mm, yeah, sorry,” I hummed softly. I furiously shook my head, trying to rid all my thoughts of Yuri. Why was it that she was always on my mind even when another girl was in front of me? Bora kept giving me worried glances, so I just smiled sweetly and took her hand, guiding us for another walk. 

-----

Author's Note: So the mystery girl ended up showing at the speed date and turned out to be Bora from SiSTAR. Haha, there was no particular reason why I chose her. It's probably because I was learning their Loving U dance and was doing Bora's part. Hm... I realize she is older, but let's just pretend she is 17. ;) Anyways, I ended the chapter so erg-ly, if that is even a word :p, because I ran out of ideas. Anyways, it seems Youngmin is becoming taken with Bora. hehe ^^ Oh, and the poll's results were sooo close. For a good while, Yuri and Bora were tied. :P I'm being to rethink the ending of this story. Well, more drama should be coming now the Youngmin finally has a girlfriend. Be sure to leave a comment! ^^ Until next time!

Oh, and please check out this blog post! It's pretty important since it regards my stories update schedule. ^^::