Final

A Fool For Love

 

“Sungyeol oppa, I want to tell you something.” Namjoo said, evidently happy and excited. Her eyes kept on glistening as she held on to Sungyeol’s arms, tightly. Namjoo made an exchange of air and looked at Sungyeol with curious eyes. *Is this the time she will tell me her hidden feelings?* Sungyeol thought as he anxiously waited for his bestfriend’s announcement, or confession.

“Y-yah, hurry up. I want to go home quickly.” Sungyeol said. He was so confident that she, Kim Namjoo, would confess to her bestfriend, Lee Sungyeol. Of course he won’t bail her down. He would gladly accept her feelings because he feels the same way. He’s just waiting for her to confess first.

Namjoo pouted. “Am I more important than your precious house and time?” She asked. “Aish! Yah! Namjoo-ah, I didn’t say anything like that. And please, hurry up.” It’s not like he has anything to do in his house. He’s just excited for her confession, He’s just not showing it.

“Arasso.” “Yah! I said hurry up.” Sungyeol once again said, now getting impatient. Namjoo giggled and looked at him. She leaned in. Sungyeol’s eyes widen. He closed his eyes and waited for her soft luscious pink lips to touch his. But instead, Namjoo whispered something to him. Little did he know that this announcement, or confession according to Sungyeol, will be the biggest disappointment in his life.

“Myungsoo sunbae- no, I mean Myungsoo oppa said he likes me too! We’re kind… dating right now.” Namjoo whispered to Sungyeol. Like any one would feel, he felt hurt and broken. Even though Namjoo whispered it to him in a soft voice, you can tell that she’s delighted and happy. Namjoo looked at Sungyeol and Sungyeol faked a smile. He raised his thumb and stood up. “Err… Uhmm… I’m happy for you. I’ll go now.” With that, Sungyeol left Namjoo, dumbfounded. *He’s strange today.* She pouted and sat down on the bench.

“Hey Namjoo-ah!” *That seems familiar. It seems like it belongs to-* She turned around and met eyes with a tall, handsome guy waving at her. “Myungsoo oppa!” The tall and handsome guy went to Namjoo and gave her a hug. Namjoo blushed and tried to hide it by ducking her head, but Myungsoo already saw her.

“Aigoo. You’re my girlfriend now. You shouldn’t be awkward towards me. Don’t try to hide your blush, it’s actually cute.” Namjoo just nodded and tried to comfortable under Myungsoo’s arms.

 

Sungyeol went home, hurt and broken. He doesn’t know if he can still show his adorable smile to everyone, especially to Namjoo. He tried to stay calm and not cry. He tried to not breakdown and let sadness take over his body but sadly, love can truly conquer all.

He entered his house with a straight face, trying so hard not to let his emotions show. His eyes were full of pain, it was threatening for tears to fall. His chest was becoming heavy and heavier every second.

His cheerful mom looked at her with concern. She has never seen her son be like this ever since he was born. Sungyeol, who was anxious to his mother’s worrying just made his way to his room, upstairs.

 

“Good Morning, Sungyeol oppa!” Namjoo cheerfully greeted him as she slung her arms around his. Sungyeol tried his best to smile. Namjoo was convinced and showed him, her fist. “Look, oppa. Myungsoo oppa gave me a couple ring.” Sungyeol saw how happy Namjoo is. How her big eyes shined like never before. How her smile literally reached her ears. It hit him, if that’s what makes her happy. He’ll just go with it.

“Isn’t pretty, oppa?” She softly smiled at her ring. She remembered how he gave it to her yesterday. It was so sweet. It was like one of those movie scenes minus the rolling cameras. She looked at Sungyeol and waited for his answer. “N-ne. It’s really pretty.” *But I can get you something prettier than that.*

“Jagiya~” Namjoo’s ears perked up at the familiar voice. “Yeobo?” She answered back with a hint of confusion. Sungyeol looked at her with a confused face. Suddenly, a hand slipped on Namjoo’s hand and pulls her away from Sungyeol.

Sungyeol felt his heart ache as he looks at the couple’s hands. *He’s holding her hand.* He’s trying to be happy for her but a part of him opposes to this kind of plan. He loves her. He loves her, maybe more than Myungsoo loves her. Namjoo was the source of happiness in his life, the reason of his smiles. Will you feel happy if something so precious was taken away from you? Definitely no.

Sungyeol left the two love birds alone.

 

“I’ll take you home later. Wait for oppa, arasso Jagiya?” Myungsoo was leaning on the wall with Namjoo right in front of him. He’s affectionately her cheek and softly smiling at her. “Ne, Yeobo.” She smiled at him. Myungsoo leaned in and kisses her nose. “I’ll leave first. See you~” He waved and left. Namjoo held her throbbing chest.

 

It was lunch at that time. Sungyeol was roaming around the school campus. He’s surprisingly not hungry. Even his love life affected his appetite. Actually, he was staying away from Namjoo. He wanted time to help him remove his feelings for her. *She’s probably having a blast with her boyfriend.* He shook his head and sighed.

While he was roaming around, he heard pants and moans. It was coming from the behind of the school bleachers. Curiosity killed the cat and Sungyeol found himself sneaking on the two people making out. *I would die if I found out Namjoo making out with-* His jaw dropped and his hand formed into a fist. *What the Kim Myungsoo?!*

There stood Son Naeun and Kim Myungsoo, making out. Sungyeol saw the two enjoying themselves. He was about to leave when Naeun spoke up.

“Why are you dating a Sophomore?” She asked as she fixed herself. “Kim Namjoo?” He asked. Sungyeol listened intently. “Yeah. Why are you dating her when you’re already dating me?” She said in an annoyed tone. Myungsoo back hugged her. “I’m just playing with her. I don’t really like her, I swear.” He said. Sungyeol tightened his fist until his knuckles turned white. “Besides, I’m in love with you.”

That did it, Sungyeol ran as fast as he can (without getting caught) to the cafeteria and find the love of his life.

He searched the crowded food haven and saw her eating with Hayoung, Kwangmin and Sungjae. Sungyeol ran to her and grabbed her wrist. *I can’t just stand here and make herself look like a fool.* “Oppa? What are you-“ He practically dragged her to where he was before. Namjoo had a hard time keeping up. Sungyeol heard those noises again. Namjoo heard them too.

“We shouldn’t be disturbing their privacy. Come on now, oppa. Don’t be rude.” She whispered at him but Sungyeol didn’t budge. “Look at who’s doing those noises.” He said to her. The sophomore gave him a ‘why’ look. “Just do it. I don’t want you to make a fool of yourself.” She looked at the scene and found her heart, breaking… into million pieces. She looked at Sungyeol and swallowed her tears back. She walked away from him and went back to the cafeteria.

 

It was already dismissal. Fortunately, Namjoo and Sungyeol’s dismissal time are the same. Sungyeol waited for the young lady at the bench near their school. After 2 minutes or so, she came out looking depressed. When her eyes laid on Sungyeol she doesn’t know how to react. Her feelings were mixed. She doesn’t know, if she should be thankful that Sungyeol made her realize she looked stupid being happy that Myungsoo ‘likes’ back or if she should get mad at Sungyeol for doing that because everything was almost falling in place.

Sungyeol waved her. She dragged her feet to his way. She sat down next to him and didn’t utter a word. “Break-up with him.” Sungyeol said. He was expecting for her to agree but on the contrary, she said “No.” “Why?” She looked at him coldly. “Because I love him. I own him already. I don’t want this to slip away. Besides, he’s not the one Naeun-ssi’s kissing. It was someone else.” Namjoo guilty looked away. “I didn’t you would still let yourself be played by him. You’re not the Namjoo I know.” “This is the new Namjoo!” She pointed at herself. “She’s willing to be played by him even though it hurts as long as I get to hug or kiss him each time I desire.” She burst into tears. “I’m willing to look like a fool just to taste his lips or just to feel his warmth!” She sniffed and looked at him. “This is what love does to you, it will make you look like a fool but it’s all worth it.” She said and wiped her tears.

Sungyeol looked down and became quiet all of a sudden. *I never knew you were so in love with a douche like him. Why are you only seeing him, Namjoo-ah? I’m here. I’m the one who’s been with you the longest. I'm the one who loves you so much. I'm the one who truly cares about you. I'm the one who's willing to protect you.*

“Jagiya?” Namjoo looked up. She smiled and stood up. “Annyeong, Yeobo.” “What are you doing here?” Myungsoo eyed Sungyeol who was staring blankly at the floor. Namjoo saw Myungsoo’s collar which has lipstick marks on it. Myungsoo saw her and quickly covered his collar. “Err… Kaja.” He held her hand to take her to his motorcycle. *I still love you no matter how it hurts.* She mentally sighed pretended as if she didn’t see anything. Before they could go, Sungyeol stood up and smiled.

“Take good care of her, arasso?” Namjoo grew confused. Sungyeol just did a 160 degree change. He was so down awhile ago. *Yeah. I guess I’m a fool for love for pretending that I’m happy for her and all like that.* Myungsoo nodded and disappeared out of his sight together with Namjoo.

*This is what love does to you, it will make you look like a fool but it’s all worth it.* He sighed. *Our friendship almost ended awhile ago, but if I pretend nothing happened, it will be saved, right? I guess it really is all worth it.*

 

Done 8D

How was it? ^^