End

Happily Ever After

Click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZeomtLGCbc&feature=related


I felt someone jumping on my bed, and a groan involuntarily left my lips at the thought of waking up. I knew it was Lu Han because he does this every morning, despite my protests and cries of outrage. I never understood how he can be so energetic in the morning, even after knowing him for ten years. Crack? I don't know. One thing for sure, is that he needs to stop hanging out with Chanyeol. He's too happy for his own good, and it's probably infectious. Which would explain for a lot of things.

 

It took me approximately two minutes of ignoring him, hoping that he'll leave and go away, before I screamed at the top of my lungs—annoyed as hell. I guess it's safe to say, I was never, and will never be, a morning person. God knows that hell would freeze over if I woke up any earlier than 10:00 in the morning, by myself that is.

 

"Lu Han how many times—!" before I could finish my sentence, slash screaming, Lu Han interrupted me with his.

 

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty!" Lu Han beamed at me and I immediately closed my eyes at the brightness of his smile. I swear, his smiles put the Sun to shame. I shook my head at the thought, before proceeding to glare at him through half-lidded eyes that clearly said: Leave-me-alone-or-I'll-kill-you. But clearly, he didn't understand me as he continued to beam my way.

 

I sighed, knowing that it was futile to go against the blonde. "Sheesh, I'm awake now so get off of my bed!" I scowled before kicking him off. Me and Lu Han are polar opposites of each other, despite being childhood best friends, but one thing we both share is that we hate having people on our bed's.

 

"Anyways, I'm going to change" I muttered as I stood up from my bed and walked towards my closet where my uniform is.

 

"Woah, woah, woah!" I heard Lu Han say and I snapped my head to his direction, raising a brow as he covered his eyes. "Are you going to change in front of me?" He asked innocently, and I just stared at him as if he grew two heads.

 

"Wha—NO! Of course not!" I scowled at the thought, as my cheeks turned to a light pink.

 

"Oh..." he pretended to sound disappointed, and I rolled my eyes as I chucked a pillow at him. 

 

"Just get out Lulu!" I stuck my tongue at him as I slammed the door to my walk-in closet. Before I could change into my clothes, I heard him chuckle as he did what I told him to do and I couldn't help but feel a small tug at my lips. After I was done with my daily morning routine, I immediately went down the steps where Lu Han was seating at the couch, waiting for me patiently. He noticed me coming down and immediately grabbed my hand as he lead me outside. 

 

"Kajja let's go to school~" He smiled, while humming as we walked to school together. That simple gesture made my heart beat 100 times faster than usual, and I swore I was going to have a heart attack at that moment if I didn't try to rationalize with myself, saying that it would cause some serious medical bills if I didn't calm down in five seconds. Although after calming myself, my cheeks were still a bright shade of red, and I hoped to God that he wouldn't notice my embarrassing appearance.

 

"Jia Li?" Lu Han glanced at me and waved his free hand in front of my face.

 

"Yes?" I blinked as I broke my train of thoughts. I realized that my cheeks were still burning and I tried to cover it with my long hair, hoping that he didn't notice them. Curse my hormones. 

 

"I've been calling you for, like, the past five million years," he raised a questioning eye brow as if he was asking me what was on my mind. 

 

"Oh... sorry." I answered, not wanting to tell him what I was thinking, and since he didn't ask any further, we just continued walking to school in silence.

 


 

I separated ways with Lu Han as I walked towards my class. I was in class 3B for first period which was piano and guitar lessons. I have the same class as Mei, my other best friend as well as Lu Han's, while Lu Han was in 3A for vocal lessons. 

 

"Hey Jia Li!" Mei  waved at me enthusiastically and I smiled at her in return as I sat on the seat next to her's. The teacher was taking long, and seemed like he was late to work, so we talked about random things, like what's on the TV and stuff, until she decided to talk about something 'less' random. 

 

"Jia Li did you confess yet?" Mei asked carefully, trying not to provoke me. But despite her efforts not to, I rolled my eyes and looked at the other way; irritated that she suddenly brought up the topic so early in the morning. But nevertheless, I still answered her question and shook my head.

 

"But why?!" she huffed, "You should tell your feelings already! It's been what—how many years since middle school? for Krisus sake! We're in College, Jia Li," I could feel her eyes bore at the back of my head, and I sighed. I knew she has good intentions but why? Why does she have to constantly remind me of my feelings when I'm trying so hard to lock it away? But that doesn't irk me as much as I am irked at the fact that she's a big fat hypocrite. She asks me why I don't confess, oh maybe, I don't know—isn't it because my two best friends are mutually in love? That's right, I said it. My two best friends like each other, and I am that one antagonist in the story who tries to break up the relationship. But of course, I'm not that type of person nor will I do something like that. But—the teacher strolled in, and yet again, I broke my train of thoughts as I paid attention to the front.

 


 

The bell rang signaling that the period is over and it was already time for Lunch. I stood up from my chair and grabbed my things, trailing behind Mei as she walked to the direction where the cafeteria is. She suddenly turned towards me, and made a brig grin that filled the lower half of her face—if that's even possible. "Let's eat together with Lu Han!" she declared and I nodded, forcing a smile. Oh yeah, so you can openly flirt with him? I scoffed inwardly. Now don't get me wrong, I love Mei and she is the bestest friend a girl could ask for. It's just that—I'm human. I tend to get jealous from time to time, you know?

 

"I'm  hungrrryy~" Lu Han materialized beside me with a pout in his face. And again, I nearly had a heart attack at the sight of his cute antics. Good Lord, help me and my weak heart.

 

I tried to hide my feelings as I rolled my eyes, with a smirk etched on my face. "Wipe that pout off! Don't people ever tell you that you look horrible in it?" I made a face of mock disgust as he glared at me—and rather cutely if I might add. 

 

"Don't be so mean  Jia Li!" Mei scolded me from behind. 

 

"Yeah! I know you're just jealous because I'm much more cuter than you~" he childishly stuck his tongue out and I stuck mine out, too.  

 

"Geez! I was joking! You don't have to be an about it," I mumbled as I walked right pass him, still heading towards the cafeteria.

 

"Don't be mad Jia Li! I was only joking too!" Lu Han scurried behind me, followed by Mei. I wasn't really mad at him, but the poker face I had on made me look the part. And I didn't really care if they misunderstood, but I stopped on my tracks once Lu Han yelled something that caused my heart to nearly stopped beating.

 

"Forgive me! You're actually cuter than me!" he said with those puppy eye dog of his. Kill me. Kill me now. 

 

"What?" I raised an eyebrow, trying  hard not to sound happy. 

 

"I said I was joking and forgive me, please!" he answered frantically.

 

"No that's not it, after you said that" I said, hoping that my ears weren't playing with me.

 

"That you're actually cuter than me?" he drawled, confused, and I nodded.

 

"Is it  true?" he gave me a smile as he hastily bobbed his head up and down. Instead of walking towards them, I practically sprinted off to the cafeteria, well speed walked, not wanting them to see my tomato face. That would be just embarrassing.

 

I sat on an empty table with three chairs and I saw Lu Han and Mei taking the unoccupied seats next to mine's. Thank goodness I was no longer blushing like crazy. "Does that mean you forgive him?" Mei smugly smiled at me.  Once I nodded, Lu Han fist pumped and I chuckled at his actions. I wouldn't mind if time would just stopped at this moment if I knew the upcoming events that were going to unfold.


(A/N: this might help the mood in this part of the story! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnkzT4qbez0&feature=youtu.be)

"Jia Li?" Lu Han called, after Mei left and went to buy her lunch. Me and Lu Han had packed lunches so we just sat and waited for her to come back. 

 

"Yeah?"I looked up from my lunch, my mouth filled with food.

 

"Do you think I have a chance with Mei?" I nearly choked on my rice when he said that, but I swallowed it in one gulp before I could. Thus giving me the hiccups.

 

"I-I think—" I hiccuped, "—so" I drank water from my water bottle and made the hiccups go away. 

 

"Great! can you help me confess to her?" He smiled and pleaded with sparkling eyes of hope. 

 

It took every ounce of energy for me to smile back at him, and even more to talk. "S-sure..." 

 

"Thank you so much Jia Li!" Lu Han gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and hugged me while smiling widely at me, "You're the greatest best friend ever!" Wow. I've always put myself in the 'friendzone' but I never knew it would hurt this much to hear it from the person himself. 

 

"Always..."I tried to copy his smile, my heart aching a bit. Suddenly, I heard something drop on the floor with a big thud and I looked up to see the source of it—it was Mei in all her glory.

 

"Mei..." Lu Han broke the hug and followed my eyes to where Mei was standing. 

 

"S-sorry did I interrupt your moment?" Mei croaked, as she laughed, trying to hide the tears that were swelling up in her eyes. 

 

"No! you didn't—" Lu Han was cut off by Mei before he could finish,

 

"I know I did. I-I'm sorry..." she ran off and Lu Han chased her to the garden as I followed behind, curious as to what was going to happen next. I knew it was bad for me to do so, and I knew I was going to hurt myself but I need to see it. The end to this stupid story.

 

"Mei... don't cry" Lu Han tried to wipe the tears off of her cheeks with his thumbs, while shushing her.  

 

"Why? Why are you here?" Mei hiccuped as tears flooded down her cheeks, "Don't you like Jia Li?" Mei asked, refusing to look up. They were currently at the school's garden, and I was hiding behind a tree with thick bushes surrounding me, listening intently to their conversation. This is Jia Li, the moment you've been waiting for. I in my breath as I waited for Lu Han's answer.

 

"I do," Lu Han looked at her. Huh? Just those three letters and two words, gave me a little hope, no matter how little it was. Mei continued to cry. "but only as a childhood friend" he continued and I slumped my shoulders in disappointment. What was I thinking? Why did I even stop to think that—nevermind. It doesn't matter. I'm just his childhood friend, no more, no less. I was a coward. I am a coward. I've never tried to do anything to deepen our relationship, afraid that it would break our bond together. Afraid that we'll never be the same.

 

"It's you who I like Mei" he smiled at her and Mei looked at him with surprise clearly evident on her features.

 

"W-what?" She answered a bit too happy. 

 

"I love you, Mei!" he said a bit louder this time and they both smiled at each other. Ouch. Well that's going to hurt for a while. I clenched my hands until my knuckles turned white, as I tried to force the tears from flowing down.

 

"I love you too, Lu Han" She cried again, this time happy tears.  So much for the pity party you threw for me this morning. I thought bitterly. The irony of it all, really...

 

"E-eh? don't cry!" Luhan hugged her, frantic at the sight of her tears.

 

"I'm just crying happy tears" she giggled, making Lu Han sigh in relief. They went out the garden happily as the bell signaled that Lunch time was over. While I stayed rooted to my place. Unable to move, or hear.

 

"I knew this would happen... so why am I crying?" I laughed bitterly as hot tears came rolling down my eyes. "This is the 'Happily Ever After' you've always wanted Jia Li. So why are tears rolling down your eyes?" I tried to muffle my sobs, my tears not stopping even once. It was as if a dam broke down and everything just came out, no brakes, whatsoever. I didn't feel like going to class right now. Honestly, I just wanted to lie down on the grass and cry my heart out. It just hurts so much. It felt like somewhat grabbed my heart and stomped it into pieces. But it wasn't just my heart, I felt pain throughout my whole body.

 

It was just so painful, that everything went numb as I cried even louder. I placed a hand over mouth, hoping that it would stop my loud cries from disturbing the classes that were going on. But it was just so hard. Despite the fact that I've always wanted this 'Happy Ending'—it wasn't my happy ending. Maybe all this time, I was hoping that I would get what I wanted—be selfish for once. Why is it that I never get the starring role? Never was I casted in the main leads, always getting the supporting role. Always in the shadows. Always behind the curtains. Why.

 

 I've always loved you Lu Han. Why have you never noticed? Even though it was my fault that things ended this way—no, it's just that I never bothered to do anything at all. That's why it ended like this. I hiccuped and started wipe the never ending tears that were flowing down my damp cheeks.

 

"Gah! What's an honor student skipping classes?" I laughed in a crazed way, slapping the ground as if it was the funniest joke in my whole life. But that laugh slowly died out into an echo as I looked up towards the clear skies with tears blurring my view.

 

Goodbye my first love. I hope you're with happy with your 'Happily Ever After'.