The Girl In The Boycut.

The Girl In The Boycut.

1 week later.

Ding!

 

The elevator bell dinged and the door opened as Amber checked her bag to see if she has left anything behind. The building was empty as it was already a little over 12 am and the security guard will lock down the building anytime now. The door was held open for some moment, making her to look up to see if anyone was going to enter and her gaze fell on Key, staring at her.

 

 “Are you going to stand there and gawk at me all day?” she asked, cocking her head, eyebrows arched.

I would if i could, Key thought stepping in.

 

“What are you doing here so late?” Key asked. “I thought you quit.”

“That’s none of your...”

 

Before she could complete her answer the lights flickered and the elevator jerked acouple of times, coming to a sudden halt. They both staggered backwards, trying to find their balance.

 

“What’s happening?” he asked.

“Do you mind finding for the answer without clutching onto my shirt?” Amber asked.

Uh-oh, he thought when he realized he had grabbed on a little too tightly onto her shirt around her waist.

He slowly let go of the grip and stared down at his feet, turning red, murmuring a word of apology.

What did you say? I didn’t quite catch that. ” Amber asked, moving closer to Key, lowering her head.

 

Key looked up at her, ready to spit out a sarcastic remark but realized saying something unreasonable might save him a spot at the hospital.

“Said i’m sorry.”

“Hmm...” she responded reaching for the emergency bell.

Key rolled his eyes and turned away from her, fixing his hair.

“This not working. It’s broken. Damn...” she said, violently pressing the button.

“Destroying it won’t be much of a help.” Key commented.

 

“HELP!SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!” Amber screamed pummelling the elevator door.

 

Okay, she’s losing it, Key thought.

“Amber, no one’s going to hear you scream. The security guard is most probably in LaLa Land by now.” Key said, intending to calm her down which received a defiant stare in return.

 

“We should call someone to come get us.” Key suggested.

Scowling with frustration, Amber nodded. “Fine.”

“So, why don’t you call Aiden hyung?”

 

Amber her cheeks in and shook her head.

 

“What?” Key asked in confusion. He knew that look on her face, he has seen it many time before. “You’re trying not to blurt something out, aren’t you?”

Damn that 15 years of friendship. He knows me too well, Amber thought.

“Amber, what did you do to your phone?” Key asked, a small frown forming between his eyebrows.

It wasn’t just any phone. It was Key’s gift to Amber for her last birthday.

 

****

 

“It’s Key.” Minho said to Taemin, looking at his phone. “Hello?”

“Minho-yah, i’m stuck in the elevator. Do something.” Key said as soon as he heard Minho’s voice.

“Huh?” Minho responded.

“I said i am stuck in the elevator at the building the dance studio is in.”

 “What’s wrong, hyung?” Taemin asked looking at Minho’s confused expression.

“He’s saying that he’s stuck in an elevator.”

“Ask him to come over now.” Minho heard another voice say.

“Are you with...isn’t that Amber’s voice? You’re stuck with her?” Minho asked, his voice getting loud from excitement.

“Yes. Now, do something and get us out before we finish each other off!” Key said in dangerous whisper.

“Yeah, okay.” Minho said and hung up.

“Hyung, Key hyung’s with Amber unnie?” Taemin asked, chuckling.

“Apparently,yes.” Minho answered with a wide grin.

“What should we do?” Taemin asked.

Minho answered Taemin with a cheeky smile.

“We’re not going to do anything are we?”

“Nope.” Minho enunciated. “Not yet. Those kids need some time alone and this is beyond perfect.”

 

****

 

Amber’s POV

 

I glanced over a Key as he hung up the call with Minho.

“So?” i asked.

“He said he’ll do something.”

I nodded and fanned myself. “He’d better be fast or we are going to suffocate and die.”

 

That is, if i don’t kill you first.

 

Key made himself comfortable on the floor. Amber glanced over and signalled Key to scoot and he did after giving her an eye roll.

They sat in silence for a moment.

“I can't believe you broke it.” Key said, disheartened. “I had to work my off to get that phone for you.”

 

“Just be grateful i vented out on the phone and not your face.” Amber answered flatly. “And FYI i threw it to the wall and when it shattered into tiny little pieces,it felt pretty darn good!”

 

Key clenched his fist and deepened his breathing.

 

“I see that you’re still wearing the ear stud i got you.” Amber said.

“It looks good on me and i know how to appreciate hard work, unlike certain someone.” Key said in a low voice.

“Pfft... says the person who stood his best friend up on a crucial moment.”

“Hey, I apologized for that.” Key pointed out.

 

“An apology doesn’t make up for the fact that i had to stand on stage hoping that the earth would swallow me when you chose to back off from modelling for the fashion designing competition i’ve been dreaming about winning for years,just so that you can get drunk and shove your tongue down Krystal’s throat at her birthday party! Do you know how ridiculous i looked in the clothes i designed to fit you? I turned a fashion show into a comedy act! And it didn’t take a lot of effort to do that. Just had tp strut down the runway and bam! the crowd went wild.Thanks to you, i can now bid farewell to the fashion industry.” I lashed out in one breath.

 

“I...i had my reasons...” Key stammered. “And it wasn’t very mature of you to storm into an ongoing party and calling me a foul, loathsome, evil little asshead in front of so many people either.” Key said in defence.

 

“You deserved every word i said!”

 

Key opted to keep quiet. He knew that this argument can go on forever.

“God , i can’t wait to get away from you.” I said in desperation.

 

“Yeah, i am sure you want to run to your precious monkey boy.” Key muttered inaudibly.

 

“What? What did you say?” I asked.

 

“Nothing. What is taking Minho so long?” he said, trying to give Minho a call. “Great his phone is switched off and mine is out of battery.” He said, tossing his phone aside “Perfect timing, just wonderful.”

 

“You make it very obvious when you try changing subject, so don’t. I heard you saying something about me wanting to run to someone. What was that about?”

 

Key maintained his silence.

 

“Kim Kibum, i know how to get things out of you. And you know it’ll hurt. So why don’t you save yourself some pain and tell me what was it about?”

 

Key shook his head and kept his lips pursed.

My blood boiled over and the outcome was a hard smack on Key head.

 

“Ouch! That hurt.” Key scowled.

 

“Wrong answer.” I said, giving him another one with higher intensity.

 

And that did the trick.

 

“I saw you kissing Eunhyuk hyung okay! And i flipped. Happy?” he exclaimed, rubbing his head.

 

“Huh?” I mulled, lost in translation. “I was doing what with who?”

 

“I’m not going to repeat it.” Key said, crossing his arms determinedly.

 

“I think i hit your head too hard. You’ve gone crazy.” I said, and i was genuinely concerned.

 

“No, i am not. I know what i saw.” Key answered.

 

“And you saw me kissing Eunhyuk oppa? I asked.

 

Key nodded.

 

“Elaborate.”

 

No, was the immediate answer.

 

“I don’t remember giving you choice. Now spill.” I demanded.

 


 

wow..i cant even remember when was the last time i updated..my humble apologies..

and i had really hard time posting this chappie coz AFF kept saying that this fiction was palgiarized and yadayada..

so this is the unedited ver. since the edited ver. was mercilessly swallowed by AFF.

sorry if it bad... AFF just pissed me off and i just can't find more time to edit this chapter to make it better.

sorry if i have disappointed you guys. SORYY..T____T

dr_elf15