The Girl In The Boycut.

The Girl In The Boycut.

Amber's POV

I was cleaning the large mirrors when i saw him enter the dance studio.

Gah, not him again.

“What are you still doing here?” i wanted to ask but stopped when i saw him pick up his watch from behind the dustbin.

“What are you still doing here?” he asked, when his gaze fell on me as he turned around to leave.

“My job.” i answered dryly as i continued to clean the mirror. “Key-shi.” I added, stressing on the -shi.

He walked over and stood behind me. I eyed his reflection on the mirror,his  sharp, intense eyes which were enhanced by the eyeliner he had on, was partly covered by his his blonde hair with green and red highlights. Pierced ears and lips, ripped jeans matched with a pink t-shirt. So Key, i thought, letting out an unnoticable huff.

A smirk played on his lips.

“Which, you wouldn’t have gotten if it wasn’t for me.” He smugged. I wanted choke him so badly. Jerk!

“Pfft...” i scorned. Why can’t he just leave me alone?

“Amber, you do know that i am the son of your employer.” He asked, tucking his hands into his jeans pockets.

Here we go.

“Yes, i do. You never fail to mention that fact every day.” I replied with a phony smile. I knew he hates my guts and i loved myself for that.

“And you might want to keep that fact in mind because i can take this job away as easily i gave it to you.”

I sprayed the glass cleaner i was holding and carried on cleaning the mirror.

“Do you want to lose the job?” he asked, his ego obviously hurt by ignorance.

I let out an annoyed sigh, slumping my shoulders.

“You know what? That’s it. I’m done, i can’t work here anymore with you hovering and complaining at my every move!” i said, shoving the bottle of mirror cleaner to him. “I’ve had enough of you and your bossiness.”

“What are you doing?” Key asked, panicking.

“Quitting.” I said, with a smile. “And trust me, this is the best decision i’ve made in a very long time!” i lashed out.

“You can’t quit.” He exclaimed.

“Oh, really?” i said crossing my arms around my chest. “Watch me.” i whispered, leaning over to him. I took a step back, threw the dirty rug onto his face, which i’ve always fantasized about doing and marched towards the exit.

“AMBER!” he yelled. “I hate you!” he said in a loud, threatening whisper, pulling the rug off his head.

I turned around. “What a coincidence? I hate you too. It’s nice to know we have something in common.” I mocked.

“Get back here, you insolent tomboy.” Key shouted.

That does it!

“What will you do if i don’t? Run and complain to your girlfriend? I said, narrowing my eyes. “Oh, wait; she dumped you not long ago, didn’t she? Loser!”

“Troll!” Key spat back.

“Swine!”

“I hate you!”

“As i said before I’m glad the feeling is mutual!” i yelled before storming off, slamming the door behind me.

****

Key's POV

“Key, can we go now?” Minho asked as he opened the door. “What are you doing with that?” he asked, looking at the things i was holding.

“Nothing.” I said, quickly throwing it aside.

“And why did Amber run out.”

“Don’t know, don’t care.” I answered, wanting appear indifferent. “Let’s go. I found my watch.”

But why do i feel like i lost something else?

I climbed into the car feeling dejected. We’ve had fights before but she never walked away from me. Did she leave for good this time?

Amber Liu, my childhood friend. Well, that’s what she used to be. Now we are just plain strangers. It’s amazing what time and growing up does to a relationship.

One minute you are running around the playground like there’s no tomorrow with your bestie and the next you are running away from that person like you are allergic to them.

Life. It .

I heaved a sigh.

“Are you okay? That’s the 7th sigh you have let out since we left the studio.” Jonghyun said.

“You counted?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“I was bored.”

“So you count how many times a person sighs?”

Jonghyun nodded innocently.

I sighed again out of astonishment, leaning on the head rest.

Why can’t my friends ever be normal?

****

Amber's Pov

I wiped the sweat off my face with my shirt and took another shot at the hoop. I missed it again.

Damn it!

“Distracted?” Aiden asked, as he walked into the court with hands in his pockets. “Or do you just at playing basketball?” he teased, with a smile.

I grinned at him. “That’d be you, my brother. You never once got the ball into the hoop.”

“I just don’t want your confidence to be crushed. You are my little sister after all.” He said ruffling my hair.

“Your little sister is 20 in case you didn’t notice.”

“It doesn’t matter how old you get. You’ll always be my baby sister. I still remember you running around in your diapers and...” he said, purposely trying to gross me out and it works every time.

“Eww...” i said, scrunching up my face.

He chuckled at my reaction. “So what’s the matter? Who’s messing with your head?”

“How are you so sure it’s a ‘who’ and not a ‘what’?” i asked furrowing my eyebrows.

“I just know. My crystal ball tells me these stuff.” he said with a shrug. “And i also saw Key in it.”

 “How’d you know?” I asked, puzzled. Did he read my diary again?

“Not from your diary.” He replied with a cheeky smile. “So, i was right, it is Key.”

I avoided his gaze and puffed my cheeks. Not wanting to accidently let any information out.

“Oh, come on. You can tell me.” he said with a friendly nudge.

“What difference does it make?” i asked as i sat down.

He made himself comfortable beside me, sprawling his legs.

“I don’t know. It might make you feel better.”

I let out a gush of air. “I quitted my job. We had a shouting spree and i walked out.”

“You walked out? That’s something new.” Aiden commented.

“I just wish i’ve never met him, you know. Things would have never turned out this way if we just stayed as strangers.”

“Amber, there are valid, explainable reasons for events that occur in our life. There must be a reason why you and Key met.”

“What is it? So that he’ll be a source of heart ache for me?” i asked, dissatisfied over how life has turned out to be.

An utter disaster.


so, that was the first chappie..how was it?

good? bad? disastrous?

comments please..coz if it's not good..i won't continue..it depends on how u guys respond...smiley

dr_elf15