Chapter Two

Seoul Mates

 

Over the next several weeks Kevin became very busy with classes. He didn’t have much time for fun as he was very serious about studying, but he was sure to make time for their weekly Saturday trips to local areas, after all, he felt learning about Korea was just as important as his school studies.

Sungmin always seemed to have more free time, perhaps because studying came easier to him, but he always had time to go out with his friends, he would always invite Kevin, but he would decline due to his needing to study.

Over the past several weeks Sungmin and Kevin had become best friends. They had spent most of their time during the week with each other, and while Sungmin spent his weekends hanging out with his longtime friends, he never seemed as close to them as he has become to Kevin.

They both enjoyed a lot of the same things, and Kevin had fallen in love with Sungmin’s music, the music was so enjoyed by both of them that it is almost always playing in their dorm room. Sungmin hoped to be a famous singer someday, Kevin was sure he would reach that goal.

One Friday evening as they were talking Sungmin was concerned about Kevin’s lack of socializing; he felt it may make it tougher on him in the long run for studying.

“You need to get out more” Sungmin said to Kevin.

“It’s fine, I enjoy studying, and there will be time for fun later” Kevin said.

“Why don’t you come out with us tonight” Sungmin asked.

“I can’t, I have to get this finished by Monday morning and I still have a lot to do” Kevin said.

“Fine, but really, I need to get you out of here more. I’m going to introduce you to someone next week, he’s a little younger than you, but I’m sure you two can be friends” Sungmin said.

“It’s fine, really. I am happy studying” Kevin said.

“Okay, we’ll be out until around one o’clock, I will try to be quiet in case your asleep when I get back” Sungmin said as he left the room.

Sungmin left and headed to pick up his friends Heechul, Ryeowook and Yesung at their dorms, and then they went off to party for the evening. The four drank heavily that night and Sungmin decided to leave his car there and come back for it tomorrow, the four stumbled their way back to campus and managed to find their dorm rooms.

Sungmin noisily stumbled into his room waking Kevin. Kevin got up and helped his friend to his bed and sat him down. He spent the next few minutes lecturing him on getting so drunk. After his lecture he decided to get his friend into bed.

“Can’t sleep yet” Sungmin mumbled.

“Well you have to, you’re too drunk to do anything else” Kevin said.

“I need to shower” Sungmin slurred.

“I think you’re too drunk to do that” Kevin said.

“I’m fine, you can help me” Sungmin said.

“How can I help you shower” Kevin asked.

“You can hold me if I start to fall” Sungmin said.

“Stay here a minute” Kevin said as he went and put on a pair of swim shorts.

Okay let’s go” he said to Sungmin.

Kevin led his friend to the showers and helped him get his shirt and pants off. He then pushed him towards the shower. Once in the shower Sungmin pushed away and pulled off his underwear leaving Kevin gawking at his now friend.

“Can’t you keep your underwear on” Kevin asked.

“No, I won’t be clean there if I do” Sungmin said.

“But…” Kevin said as he was interrupted.

“Don’t worry, I know you won’t take advantage of me” Sungmin said with a laugh.

Kevin stood behind his friend in the shower wearing his shorts, he was there to make sure he didn’t fall or pass out, but he couldn’t help checking out Sungmin’s . The shower lasted about ten minutes and then Sungmin got out and walked right for the door, he didn’t bother to grab a towel or clothes; he just walked directly to the hallway and to his room. Kevin quickly grabbed everything that was left behind and followed, by the time he got to the room; Sungmin was passed out on his bed.

Kevin put the things away and decided to just sleep on Sungmin’s bed instead of waking him to get off his bed. He turned off the lights and went to bed. When morning came, Kevin woke up to find Sungmin with an arm over his chest and his legs wrapped around him. He looked over and sure enough, his roommate lay there still completely . He gently nudged him trying to wake him up. Finally after the fourth try Sungmin responded with a groggy “what”.

“Can you let me up please” Kevin asked.

“Uh, yea, sure… sorry” Sungmin said as he moved.

Kevin jumped out of the bed and went over to his bed and sat down. Sungmin remained groggy for a few minutes before sitting up quickly.

“What happened, why were you in my bed and why am I ” Sungmin asked.

“Well you came home drunk, insisted on showering and when I got you into the shower you insisted on taking off your underwear. After you washed you walked back here and fell asleep on my bed. I just woke up with you all over me in your bed” Kevin recalled the past several hours.

“Oh, I am sorry” Sungmin replied.

“It’s okay” Kevin said with a smile.

“Thanks for taking care of me” Sungmin said.

“Don’t make a habit of it” Kevin said with a laugh.

Kevin went to shower. He was in there for about twenty minutes, he dressed in a t-shirt and shorts before heading back to his room, when he entered Sungmin was sound asleep again still completely , Kevin looked over at his gorgeous roommate and laughed before getting dressed.

He waited about a half hour before waking Sungmin again; he wanted to go have breakfast and figured he needed some food too.

“Wake up Sungmin, let’s go have breakfast” Kevin said.

“Yea, yea, I’m awake” he said.

“Okay, get up then, we leave in ten minutes” Kevin replied.

Sungmin reluctantly got up and threw on a shirt and shorts and some sneakers and headed out the door.

“Let’s go Kevin, always holding us up” Sungmin laughed.

“Yea, yea” Kevin replied.

The two headed to the cafeteria and found Ryeowook there eating already; they grabbed some food and sat with him.

“Good morning Ryeowook” Kevin said.

Ryeowook just grunted at him. Soon after Yesung joined them in a cheery mood.

“Morning Yesung, glad to see one of you isn’t hung over” Kevin said.

“I don’t drink, so that’s why I am not hung over” Yesung said.

As they all ate the discussed where they would go today. Once they decided they all went off to get what they needed for the day ready, they agreed to meet at eleven o’clock to head out. Kevin packed some bottled water in a bag to bring with them in case they got thirsty, he also packed some snacks.

Sungmin had to go pick up his car since he left it the previous night. When he got back to the dorm he was very angry, he was cursing on and on about how stupid people can be.

“What happened” Kevin asked.

“Someone scratched the whole side of my car” he said angrily.

“Oh, sorry to hear that, how bad is it” Kevin asked.

“Not horribly bad, but it will cost some money to get it fixed” he said.

The two talked as they got things ready, around ten thirty they headed out the door to pick up their friends.

“We’re going out again tonight, do you want to come with us” Sungmin asked.

“No, I still got lots of work to do, maybe next time” Kevin replied.

“Okay then” Sungmin said with a sigh.

They picked up their friends and off they went to have a fun afternoon. They were out past six o’clock before finally heading back to the dorms. Ryeowook, Sungmin and Heechul were off to shower for their evening out, Heechul hung back and talked to Kevin.

“Can you help me with some studying tonight” Heechul asked Kevin.

“I have my report to work on, but I suppose I can put aside a couple hours to help you” Kevin said.

“Great, I will go to my dorm and change and come back with my stuff” Heechul said.

“Can you come around ten o’clock if that’s not too late, that way I can work on my report for awhile first” Kevin asked.

“Sure that sounds good, thanks” Heechul said.

“Okay, see you then” Kevin said.