Chapter One

Seoul Mates

 

Kevin arrived the first day students were allowed to move into the dorms. He got himself settled before heading out to explore the immediate area around the university. After spending several hours exploring he returned to his dorm to find that his roommate had arrived. As soon as he entered the room his roommate stood and introduced himself.

“Hello, my name is Lee Sungmin, it’s nice to meet you” Sungmin said.

“Hello. My name is Kevin Woo, it’s nice to meet you too” Kevin said.

“Where are you from” Sungmin asked.

“California, in the United States” Kevin said.

“Welcome to Korea” Sungmin said with a smile.

“Thanks. And where are you from” Kevin asked.

“I’m from Anyang, Gyeonggi” Sungmin replied.

The two new roommates talked some more as they got to know a little more about each other. Sungmin was the top student in his high school; Kevin was a top student in his high school, but not quite as good as Sungmin. As they continued to talk, Sungmin was hanging things on the wall above his desk, as he hung a picture of a cute girl; Kevin asked if that was his girlfriend.

“Yes, we have been together since the first year of high school, she went to study abroad in New York, so I won’t see her for awhile” Sungmin said.

“It’s nice that you two have been together so long, hopefully you two can keep in touch while she’s away” Kevin said.

“How about you, any girlfriends” Sungmin asked.

“Not exactly” Kevin said.

“Not exactly” Sungmin asked.

“Well, I am single now, but I have dated in the past, but not with a girl” Kevin said.

“I see, that’s cool, my little brother is gay” Sungmin said.

“That’s a relief that this won’t be a problem, my friends back home said I should keep quiet about it, but I don’t like hiding who I am” Kevin said.

“No problem, just be yourself, I won’t mind” Sungmin said.

“Thanks” Kevin said.

“So have you had a chance to check out the campus yet” Sungmin asked.

“No, I walked around earlier in the area around the school, but not the campus itself” Kevin said.

“Let me show you around, then we can head to the cafeteria and get dinner” Sungmin said.

The two walked around campus, along the way Sungmin ran into some friends from high school and introduced Kevin to them. Sungmin pointed out the ones who were close friends who would likely be around more than the others. One of his friends caught Kevin’s eye, he made note to ask Sungmin about him later.

After they were done their tour they headed to the cafeteria where Sungmin’s friends Ryeowook, Yesung and Heechul agreed to meet them. They grabbed their food and sat down and ate as they all talked to each other and compared class schedules. When they were done Kevin and Sungmin said goodbye to the others and headed back to their dorm. On their way Kevin asked about Ryeowook.

“So your friend Ryeowook is he straight” Kevin asked.

“Not sure, some days he comes off as the straightest guy in the world, but other days when he and Yesung are horsing around, he seems pretty gay” Sungmin said.

“So are he and Yesung a couple” Kevin asked.

“I don’t believe so. Are you interested in Ryeowook” Sungmin asked.

“He is very cute” Kevin replied.

“Well, once you get to know him more, you can always ask him” Sungmin said.

Kevin nodded to Sungmin as they arrived back at the dorm. They headed to their room and Kevin decided to unpack his suitcases. He put his clothes away. He had little else with him, he had his laptop but that was about it. He had shipped a few things a week before he left and those boxes should arrive in a day or two. He would head out tomorrow and buy some other things he will need while here at school including a desktop computer as a backup in case anything happens to his laptop.

Sungmin on the other hand had plenty of stuff to help make the room feel like home, it was easier for him being from nearby. Sungmin had unpacked most of his stuff earlier in the day while Kevin was out checking out the area. They both made their beds and laid down to relax. Sungmin put on some headphones and listened to music on his iPhone while Kevin pulled out a book and read.

After Kevin finished his fifth chapter he decided to take a shower, as he got up he looked over and noticed Sungmin had fallen asleep listening to his music. He grabbed a clean shirt and shorts along with his towel and shower items and headed to take a shower. As he emerged from the shower he ran into Ryeowook who was just heading into the shower.

“Hey Ryeowook, I didn’t know you were in this dorm” Kevin said.

“Oh hey Kevin, yea guess we are neighbors for the year” Ryeowook smiled.

“Cool, well have a good night, I’m going to get back to my room and get some sleep” Kevin said.

“Goodnight” Ryeowook said as he got into the shower.

Kevin went back in his room, turned off his light and went to bed. He had a hard time falling asleep in the new place, but eventually he managed to dose off. He managed a few hours sleep before he was awoken by talking. As he opened his eyes he looked towards the sounds and saw that his roommate was talking on his cell phone. He tried not to listen but it was difficult. He heard Sungmin tell the other person he loved them just before he hung up.

“Sorry did I wake you” Sungmin asked noticing Kevin was awake.

“It’s okay” Kevin said.

“I’ll try to be quieter next time” Sungmin said.

“Was that your girlfriend” Kevin asked.

“Yes, she forgot about the time difference between here and New York, she will try to call earlier in the future” Sungmin said.

“Is she enjoying New York so far” Kevin asked.

“Not sure, all she talked about what how much she missed me” Sungmin said with a laugh.

The two talked for a few more minutes before Sungmin excused himself to shower. While he was gone Kevin took his book back out and read some more until he got tired again. He was reading when Sungmin returned.

“What you reading” Sungmin asked.

“It’s one of my favorite books, I have read it many times, and it’s called The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain” Kevin said.

“Oh yes, I know the book, it’s a good one” Sungmin said.

“What music were you listening to earlier” Kevin asked.

“The Goldberg Variations by Bach” Sungmin replied.

“Not familiar with it” Kevin replied.

Sungmin went over to Kevin’s bed and sat down next to him and handed him the headphones and had him listen. Kevin sat there for a few minutes enjoying the music; he smiled at Sungmin to show his approval for the music.

“I should get back to bed” Sungmin said as he returned to his bed.

“Me too, it’s going to be time to get up soon” Kevin laughed.

The two went back to sleep and slept until seven o’clock. They both woke at nearly the same time. Sungmin got dressed while Kevin went to take another show. When he returned he got dressed and walked to the cafeteria with Sungmin for breakfast, they were met by Ryeowook and Yesung. After they ate they all decided to go shopping.

While shopping Kevin found a new desktop computer, he paid for it and scheduled it to be delivered later that day. He also bought some pens, pencil and notebooks. Sungmin also bought some pens and pencils while Ryeowook and Yesung mostly window shopped. They decided to have lunch at a restaurant off campus, when they finished they headed back so Kevin would be there when his computer was delivered.

As they walked back to the dorm, Sungmin said he and some friends were going for a drive this weekend, he asked Kevin if he wanted to join them. Kevin agreed to go.

“So you have a car” Kevin asked.

“Yea, its at home, but I will go pick it up Saturday morning and come get everyone” Sungmin said.

“Sounds cool” Kevin said.

They arrived at their dorm just as the delivery guy showed up with Kevin’s computer, he signed for it and he and Sungmin carried the boxes to their room. Kevin spent the next twenty minutes or so setting up the computer. Once he had it set up he logged onto yahoo messenger and tested his new webcam with a video chat with his mother. As he chatted with her he called Sungmin over and introduced his new friend to his mother. He talked for a few more minutes before logging off so his mother could get ready for work.

For the rest of the week, Kevin prepared for his first days of class next Monday, by Friday afternoon he was ready for it to begin, but he had one last weekend before it started. He was looking forward to seeing more of Korea on Saturday with Sungmin and his friends. As he fell asleep Friday night, he was happy that in less than a week, he had made at least one friend.

Sungmin arrived back at the dorms around ten o’clock with his car, his friends were waiting for him and they went off on their drive. They travel to many local towns enjoying the scenery and for the most part showing Kevin around, since they had all been to these places before. They ate lunch at one of Sungmin’s favorite places. They visited some local shops where Kevin ended up buying a couple books. Sungmin bought some old classical music discs and Ryeowook bought some recent kpop discs. Yesung seemed more interested in browsing than actually buying anything.

After a full day they decided to head back to campus. They dropped off Ryeowook and Yesung and headed back to Sungmin’s house to drop his car off. While they were there Sungmin introduced his new friend to his parents. His mother insisted they stay for dinner which they did. After they ate, his father drove them back to campus since it was late.

They had agreed they day was fun and decided to make the driving trip a weekly thing on Saturdays exploring different areas that Kevin has never seen.

Back at the dorm, Sungmin and Kevin both headed to the showers to get cleaned up. They quickly showered and returned to their room, they both fell asleep listening to Sungmin’s classical music which Kevin found to be soothing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is the start of my new story. I will work on a background and banner soon. Please leave feedback.  It will take a couple chapters to get the story in full gear and it will be a little while before Kiseop appears.  This story will be about friendship, love, pain and tragedy but wont have any scenes, there will be kissing scenes though.