Prove It

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZn3Hhzphxk

----

Kris just arrived at home after a long meeting with another gang. He loosened up his tie and walked over to the refrigerator with a heavy sigh. Kris opened up the refrigerator and bent down to scrutinize the fridge. He glanced between the beer and cola.

Finally, Kris snatched the beer and shut the refrigerator. Kris opened the beer and took a long, thirsty gulp. He sank onto his black leather armchair and sighed in exhaustion. His head was panging in pain. A migraine threatened to erupt.

Kris smoothed his face and placed one hand over the left side over his face. His eyes were closed in deep thought. He still hadn’t thought of a way to get out of the mess with Zico and Jungah.

The more he thought about it, the more complicated it became.

Eventually, someone was going to get hurt. He was afraid it would be Jungah.

*God damn it. I don’t want to do this anymore. I can’t…I won’t…*

Ding Dong. Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

His eyes blinked open, and he turned his attention to the door. *What the hell?* Who was desperately ringing his doorbell at this hour? The person on the other side began to pound on the door.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Kick.

Slowly, Kris rose to his feet. Curiously, he walked towards the door.

“Lay? Luhan? Is that you?” Kris the monitor. Standing outside the door was not his friends but his girlfriend. His eyes rounded in surprise, “Jungah…” Immediately, he unlocked the door and threw it open. He blinked at the poker-faced girl in front of him. “Jungah. Did you call me? I didn’t know you were coming.” Kris took out his phone.

Wordlessly, Jungah slipped past him into his home.

Kris watched her cold back in puzzlement. She hadn’t even greeted him. She hadn’t even met his eyes. *Is something wrong?* Kris glanced around then shut the door behind him.

Jungah stepped into the living room. Her sharp eyes scanned the room. They narrowed at the still-full beer can on his coffee table.

Kris came into the room. “Why the unexpected visit? Not that I mind of course.” He followed her gaze to the beer then asked, “Did you want something to drink? I can-“

Swiftly, Jungah spun around with her arms crossed. Her dark, acerbic eyes penetrated him, and a chill ran down his spine. The way she looked at him made him feel uneasy. *I don’t even know if I know you anymore.*

“What’s wrong, Jungah? Why are you staring at me like that?” Kris tried to laugh it off.

“Can I see your ID?” The unforeseen question made his face ashen. The smile evaporated from his face immediately, and his heart stopped beating. “M-my ID?” He whispered, stunned.

“Everyone has an ID, right? Even in China?” Jungah held out one palm with narrowed, mocking eyes, “So show me.”

Kris swallowed the rising lump in his throat. Finally, he took out his wallet. *I’m glad I kept this.* Kris pulled out the card and handed it to her.

Jungah checked it and quickly flung it aside. “Not your high school ID. Your real ID. The one that tells you your birth date.” Jungah demanded.

Kris was silent. “I’ll even show you mine.” Jungah whipped out her ID with her picture on it. “Han Jungah. : Female. D.O.B.: 04/15/1993.” She slipped it back into her pocket with her gaze never leaving him. “Now…it’s your turn.”

Kris shifted his gaze up to her. “Jungah, babe, please-“

“SHOW ME YOUR GODDAMN ID!” Jungah yelled.

Kris lowered his gaze in numbness. He couldn’t. If he did, his cover was blown. *This was not how I wanted you to find out.*

Jungah couldn’t’ take it anymore. She strode towards him and yanked his wallet away from him. Her shaking fingers searched the slits for his ID. She pulled out credit card after credit card. Her picture fell out also along with different currency. Finally, his ID dropped out. Jungah snatched it off the floor. She couldn’t read the words in Chinese, but she recognized the birth date.

11/6/1990.

Her eyes widened. Her heart dropped like a rock, and it felt like her entire world was falling apart. *He lied to me. He’s not a high school student. He’s ing 21, going onto 22. Like Zico. He’s a repulsive drug dealer. Just like Zico.

“Jungah.” Kris pleaded, “I-I can explain…”

Jungah flipped the ID towards him with a malicious smirk. Yet, her eyes were filled with hurtful tears. “No need. This explains everything.” Her smirk disappeared, and she snarled in rage, “ing liar.” Jungah threw the ID onto the floor and stormed towards the door.

*No. It wasn’t supposed to happen like this.* Kris darted after her. He grabbed her arm, “Jungah, please-“

“Don’t touch me!” Her hiss burned a wound in his heart. Jungah gave him a scathing look and headed towards the door.

Kris didn’t give up. He came this far. He couldn’t lose her now. Even if he lost everything, he couldn’t bear to lose her.

Kris grabbed her wrist and spun her around, “Han Jungah-“

“I SAID LET GO-“ Jungah was yelling one second, then at the next second, she was pinned against the wall. “WILL YOU LISTEN TO ME?!” Kris yelled in her face. “DON’T RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME! YOU DON’T DESERVE TO YELL AT ME, YOU BASTARD, WHEN YOU’RE THE ONE THAT LIED TO ME!” Jungah screamed back. She struggled to leave, but he kept her shoulders against the wall.

“Listen to me! I need you to listen, damn it!” Kris snarled. Jungah flashed her cutting eyes at him but kept shut. “I never intended to lie to you.” Kris shook his head.

“Too late for that!” Jungah snapped. “Ever since you walked into that door of my classroom, you lied to me. You hid your true identity from me!”

“I couldn’t tell anyone who I really was!” Kris hissed back, “I wasn’t going to go up to a complete stranger, and tell her that I was a 21-year-old drug dealer!”

“Then you shouldn’t have gotten involved with me. You should have kept your distance, done your business, and gone back to China.” Jungah sneered. She turned to go, but he shot an arm out and planted his palm on the wall. “I tried, Jungah. Believe me. I ing tried. But I couldn’t stay away from you.”

“I wonder why that was. Maybe it wasn’t because you couldn’t. Maybe it was because you wouldn’t.” She snapped with her voice dripping with sarcasm. His eyes narrowed in confusion, “What are you talking about?”

Jungah stared at him with hard, pained eyes, “You knew from the beginning, didn’t you?”

“What beginning? What the hell are you trying to say?!” Kris shouted in frustration.

“You knew I was close to Zico.” Jungah dropped her voice to an aching whisper. His eyes rounded at the accusation. She raised her gaze back to him, “You knew about Zico all along, didn’t you? That’s why you approached me in the first place. No one else put in so much effort to win my heart but you. Is that why you tried so hard for me? So that you could finish your task and kill my first love?” Jungah gulped as she shook her head, “I can’t believe I trusted you. I defended you in front of the my friends, the very people you are trying to kill. I chose you…over Zico, the only man I’ve ever loved before you. But you deceive me this way?”

Kris stared at her in disbelief. He couldn’t believe she was accusing him of something so incredulous. Did she have that little faith in him? Tears sprang out of her eyes, and she jabbed her finger angrily at his chest, “Well, I have news for you, . I won’t let you touch Zico. Ever. Before you, it was him. If you or any of your asinine friends decide to hurt him, I won’t forgive any of you.” Jungah shoved his arm and headed to the door.

Kris grabbed her arm before she could leave. “Are you actually accusing me of…using you?”

Jungah didn’t reply, since that was exactly what she was blaming him for. His eyes whipped towards her. “ANSWER ME!” She looked away. Her silence exacerbated the situation. He was hurt she thought so low of him. Kris abrasively grasped her arms and shoved her into the wall. “I. DID. NOT. USE. YOU.” He vowed through gritted his teeth. His eyes were vehement, solemn, and full of despair.

Jungah looked right into his eyes with an inscrutable expression. “You still lied to me.” He had no excuse for that one. “You’re not in high school. You’re 21. You’re not a student. You’re a ing drug dealer. You probably don’t even have parents. They’re not the ones that gave you this place and your flamboyant car!” Jungah shoved him into the opposite wall with belligerent eyes, “What else have you lied to me about? Your name? Your love for me? Is anything else about you real?”

Kris grew infuriated by her allegations. He grasped the tops of her arms and restrained her against the wall. “How can you ask me such foolish questions?! How can you not trust me?!”

“IT’S BECAUSE ALL THIS TIME YOU’VE BEEN LYING TO ME!” Jungah exploded. She shoved his arms off of her and gave him an embittered glare. “How the am I supposed to trust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter