First Chapter

Flawless Tears

My Korean was still a bit rusty even though mom and dad had teached me when we lived in the states and everything, still it was different now. We lived in South Korea now, in the capital; Seoul. Our house was nothing like the one we had in the states, because there my parents restaurant was about a five minute drive from the house, plus it was bigger. Now, mom and dad’s restaurant was on the ground level in the same building. And the house or more like apartment was fairly smaller than what I was used to. Luckily I got my own room; well it wasn’t that small so that someone would have to crash in the living room.

No, and knowing if that was necessary then mom and dad would have to sleep there. Ha, I wouldn’t give up my freedom and the possibility to be on my own and I don’t think my older brother would either. It was tough enough to leave my friends back in California, and I truly needed the space.

Either how, the apartment consisted of three bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and two bathrooms, thank god for that. Because knowing that my brother would spend heck of a lot of time in there it was safest that it was more than one bathroom. Or else I would throw him out.

Talking about my brother, wasn’t he supposed to wake up now? A master plan formed in my mind and I snickered for myself as I went over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cabinet, which I filled with water.

I headed towards my older brother’s room and creaked the door open before I stuck my head inside; he was still sleeping, loudly. I couldn’t understand how he could snore so loud, if there ever would be a snoring contest between my dad and Junsik; then my brother would definitely win. I tip-toed over to the bed and raised the glass so that it was over his face before I poured the ice-cold water over him.

He immediately woke up while screaming and I started to laugh whole heartedly at him flailing his arms around. It looked almost like he was a helicopter gaining speed. “YEON AH.” I froze as my eyes widened in horror, time to run. I waved a hurried goodbye to my brother before I dashed out of there, the glass tightly in my hand.

I shut my bedroom door shut and locked it before Junsik decided though barge in. I didn’t want to die today. Okay, it’s not like he would kill me, but he would definitely smack me over the head. “Yeon Ah open the door now.” He was banging on my door and I let out a laugh. He couldn’t catch me in here.

“Oppa I just wanted to wake you up so you don’t arrive late to school.” I taunted him and I could hear how he snickered at the other end. I didn’t know why though. “Aren’t you the one to be worried about, don’t you start in half an hour?” he was the one to laugh now as I stared up at the clock hanging on my wall. Crap, he was right.

With one swift move I unlocked the door and pushed past Junsik who were laughing his off as I scrambled to the bathroom. It had to be a super quick shower, and then I would put on my new high school uniform. Yes I’m officially starting my freshman year in high school. Actually that’s why we moved here in the first place. Junsik had already lived here for two years before my mother and father decided that it was time that the whole family moved back to Korea. So it was only for me to bid goodbye to everything that I had in the US and pack my bags.

“Sis, only twenty-five minutes left.” Junsik was laughing hysterical, if it weren’t for that mom and dad was at the restaurant he would’ve gotten a slap over the head by dad for being too noisy. I don’t think I’ve ever been in such a hurry before. Well maybe sometime, but definitely not like this.

I didn’t care when I slammed the door open in Junsik’s face and heard him growl at the pain that seemed to invade him. “It was your own fault, you stood in the way.” I stuck out my tongue at him as I made my way back to my room and my newly washed and ironed uniform. I hadn’t tried it on yet because I wanted to wait until the first day of high school, and that day was today so there was no time to spare.

It was a plain white shirt, a dark blue blazer with the school emblem over the chest, the tie came in the same blue color as the blazer and the skirt was a mix of gray, white and black. All together it looked absolutely fabulous.

“I’m going.” I shouted after that I’d slipped into my shoes and grabbed everything I needed, though there was no reply and honestly I hadn’t expected one either since Junsik was the only one present in the apartment. Maybe he went to sleep again. Anyhow it was not of my concern, which was getting to school in time.

Arriving late the first day wouldn’t impress the teachers or the students. And I truly needed friends. I hated to be alone.

Luckily I’d already staked out my journey so that I on the first day wouldn’t end up in someplace that I wasn’t supposed to. Plus, if this ever happened, which it now actually did.

Once the subway train came to a stop I pushed myself past people as I rushed up the stairs and ran as fast as I could towards the school gates. But I was in such a hurry that my shoulder bumped into someone else’s I heard a low thump as something hit the ground before numerous of voices called after me, girl voices and they didn’t seem too happy. Though, I didn’t turn around to look at the person I precisely bumped into, no I just shouted sorry before I picked up my speed.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips after that I’d managed to get my inside the school area, and I allowed myself to catch my breath before I strode towards the school itself. Not it was just a small problem, which classroom would I be in?

With a huge lump in my stomach I stepped inside and my eyes widened to the size of plates, this place was huge.

But then I sighed loudly, the whispers and the fingers pointing at people meet my senses, if it was something I truly despised then it had to be gossiping. What was the point in making fun and hurting other people’s feelings, I didn’t get that. I’m guessing that the feeling of being pointed at, gossiped about couldn’t be all too great.

That’s when a finger pointed at me, and the girl weren’t directly discrete either. She was openly pointing and gossiping. “That’s her, she bumped into Changjo oppa and hurt him, and she didn’t even say sorry.” She almost yelled and soon a huge group of girls were staring at me, or more like glaring and I felt how that lump grew even bigger as I asked them who this Changjo guy was.

But instead of replying they only gawked at me as if I was some alien speaking a foreign language. Okay I understood that my Korean was really bad, sometimes actually not understandable. But they’d had to understand what I just asked them, I think.

~~

First chapter up ^^
I'm not sure about how many chapters I'll write, we'll see as the story develops =)