~One~

Love Never Dies

 

          Kibum the pen in his hand.  Life had grown very boring for him in the passing months.  It seemed all the fun things in the world had been out.  Even tormenting his sister-in-law was no longer enjoyable.  Her usual death glares and silent retorts had turned into silence.  The girl seemed to be too preoccupied with her work at the hospital.  Or what the town’s people called a hospital.  The building was just a beat up, wooden hell trap filled with dust and decay.  It only had one patient; nobody took their sick there.  Instead they would usually send for Cherie.  This place with its one patient had ruined his annoying fun for almost a year now.  It wasn’t just Cherie’s absence that caused his grief it was just his life in general.  Killing wasn’t as fun as usual.  It was always the same thing every time.  Catch the person off guard after stalking them for a while.  There would be a scream and then he would have to stage the body so it didn’t look like the work of a vampire.  He didn’t want that mess again.  It had been over a four hundred years and he still suffered from nightmares. They were still all there; the faces of his parents, the screams of his other family members, and worst of all the last glimpse of his older brother Hyungjoon before he was painfully swallowed by flames.

  Kibum pinched his nose.  Shutting his eyes he forced out the awful memories.  Even when the images were gone the screams still echoed through his mind. He loved his family, but losing Hyungjoon hurt more than all of them combined.  He guessed that’s when he turned into a cold, hearted bastard.  When he had met Lauralie parts of the old Kibum that had died in the fire would show up.  Kibum probably married her for that reason.  He knew it was a little cold of him to think that, but it was true.  It wasn’t that he didn’t love Lauralie.  He did very much; the whole think just felt dead though.  Maybe in marrying her, he would get his brother back.  Dead wrong about that he was.  Marriage was far from that wish.  She was nothing like his brother.  After awhile it seemed that the passion that once burned for her deep within him had begun to sputter out.  He was all too happy to settle down here after her constant nagging.  The whole thing had annoyed him beyond his wits.

  Even after giving her what she wanted, Lauralie just asked for more.  She wanted kids and Kibum didn’t want them.  Not now at least.  Taking care of children was a big task.  Not everyone could do it.  At that time he didn’t think she was ready or him for that matter.  This angered Lauralie.  She thought Kibum didn’t want her.  He assured her after about a hundred years of a marriage he would have left already if he had wanted to.  His words just angered her more.  Kibum didn’t care though.  With her not talking to him, he could do what he wanted.   Cherie and Dongho stayed out of his way.  Not that he wanted that.  He wouldn’t have minded having a nice conversation with them now and then, but he knew it would just back fire.  Dongho would stare at him and try to figure out why the older man was genuinely trying to converse with him.  Eventually the young vampire would leave thinking it was some trick.  Cherie on the other hand would just scowl at him.  She had never liked him.

  Kibum smiled;  just thinking about her pretty face making such a foul expression was greatly funny to him.   Thinking about Cherie made him think of her sister which made him think of his sad excuse of a love life.  Even that was dull.  Before it wasn’t that way.  It never was.  He had countless stories of all the passionate, romantic he would have with Lauralie.  Now he was lucky if they even had once a week and then it wouldn’t even last long.  He had no drive and she would get upset with his emotionless response.  Yeah, Kibum had his problems.  Maybe it would get better if life had spiced up.  He looked at his wine glass.  The delicacy had been sent from abroad.  Picking the glass up he sit it to his lips and tasted the sweet liquid.  Yes…all he needed was some new excitement.  All he needed to do was give a light push.  Then life would be alive again.    

 

((Hope you enjoyed!  This is all I got for now.... :/ More soon.  Plz feel free to comment or subscribe.  That is always enjoyable.  I would like to know what you guys think. :) ))