You are the only one for me

Forever

After a week, I went back to their house. Nothing's new, no one's home. Then an old lady went outside, she's their neighbor. So I went to her and asked if no one's home. I was blanked for a while when she told me that...

 

"You don't know? Their daughter's in the hospital for a week now. Poor girl, she's nearly..." she stopped when she looked at me. I was very shocked.

 

"Wh-what?" I was trembling.

 

---------------------------- ♥ ----------------------------

 

"Ohh you didn't know? Today's her operation-" but before she continued, I'm out of my mind and ran. I ran through the nearest hospital, I looked for her. I ran and ran...

 

"N-nurse! Is there a girl named Min Ah checked in here? K-kim Min Ah!" my voice was trembling and almost out of air.

"Y-yes Sir, her operation already started and she's currently- Sir! Wait!" I hurriedly ran through the OR where she's being operated.

 

When I arrived, I saw her parents standing in front of the OR crying...

"J-jung... you're.. here. I'm sorry." Auntie cried after she said that to me. "What's this.." those are the only words that I can say. I feel so blanked. when I walked.. one step.. then 2 steps.. the other.. then the other... Auntie ran to me and gave me a tight hug.

 

"She's gone! Min Ah's gone... I'm sorry." she cried. "What h-happened..?" I don't know what to say. I don't know what to do...

 

After several hours, everything was calmed. I was sitting at the lobby, Idon't what's happening. I'm still confused, don't know why there are no tears falling. No emotions, just none. I was waiting there when suddenly Auntie, her Mom sat beside me.

"Ya Jung, how are you?" while wiping her tears off and blowing her nose. "I don't know." I whispered and was loud enough for her to hear it.

"You still don't understand anything right..." she faced me and looked straight to my eyes. "It's time for you to know." I looked at her, she's smiling.

 

"My mother inherited a disease from her Mom. My Granny died because of cancer. It was Cancer. Per generation, there will be one of the family who will inherit it. And in our generation... it was my daughter. We already knew about her disease for a month now. We told her that we need to send her to America as soon as possible to cure it. But she refused." I was stopped by Auntie, my eyes are turning blurry but I tried to stop my tears from falling.

 

"Her disease became worser and after 3weeks, she started getting dizzy everytime. She told us that you mustn't know about this. So we covered her up everytime you visit her at home." I tried to stop my tears... the words inside my mind started showing. Why... I should have noticed... This isn't real. Then, she added something that made my tears fall down atlast.

 

"She don't want to tell you this because... she don't want you to see her dying. And, she don't want to see you before she dies because she'll regret loving a man like you. She really loved you, she don't want you to suffer just because she passed away. She said, you deserved more." I finally cried. I cried loudly. I cried to the bottom of my heart. I cried out. It was aching, those words. I can't believe everything. I don't want to believe her. This can't be real. This isn't real.

 

After a week, it's her burial. There are a lot of people, from other places... crying for her. As I, standing in front of her dead body. My tears didn't fell at all, all I know are those words in my head. Is this real? Is it really happening? It's a dream right? Hey, Min Ah. Stand up. Don't joke around, it's not even funny.

 

They threw flowers over her, I came near. Without thinking, I hugged her coffin. The feeling was very different. It was warm. It feels like there is still life inside... I hugged it tightly, very tightly. And as her coffin is being put down below... the warm feeling was gone. I thought, "The time you went down there is the just the time you died. You stayed with me up until now, right?" After I whispered those words, I smile and looked up at the sky. It was beautiful, it's like the sun rays are smiling back at me. There, it all ended.

 

------

 

Hi, I'm Oh Jung Ki. You can call me Jung. Have you ever experienced this, you have a friend... a bestfriend to be exact. Different gender, a cute, lovely and a kind bestfriend. Well I have one, and she's Kim Min Ah and she's my inspiration in life.

 

I became a teacher, I finished my studies and now a successful graduate. Oh, you're asking about my love life now? Haha, I already have one.... she's out there waiting for me. Do you believe in reincarnation? Well, I do. I believe she'll reincarnate and will show again in front of me. I know she's the only one for me, no other woman in this world. Only her. Only Kim Min Ah. Our love for each other is forever. Forever.

 

And our story ends. Don't lose hope in finding your one true love. Love that person with all your heart and soul. Forever is a strong word, a very big impact. Live with it, and be proud of it.

 

---------------------------- ♥ ----------------------------

And the story is finished. Thank you for subscribing and reading my first ever one shot story! I appreciate all comments! Love lots!