Our Story.

Do You Feel Us Falling?

I have no memory of how we met. I only remember the days when we were already waving to each other everytime we walked past each other. Perhaps it was a random group conversation somehow you or I joined in? Or maybe because we've seen each other somewhere outside before? I thought I was seeing duplicates when you first walked out of your classroom with your twin brother. I started to stare weirdly at either one of you two for the rest of the term, until Minwoo pointed it out to me that Kwangmin's the black-haired twin, and the brown-haired twin was you. Youngmin, that was your name. 

 

I didn't really think much of you. You were only the brown-haired twin with your pretty face and abnormally huge eyes. A whole year passed. We graduated from our first year at high school. We've never spoken to each other until the third term started. I was as surprised as you were as soon as you turn your head back from your seat right in front of mine. We did speak to each other. We said hi, at least. You were charming enough to have almost everyone to notice you before the first day of the new term ended. I could see that Sujin and you made really good friends by then.

 

After then, the three of us became four. Sujin, Minwoo, me and you. I liked how quiet you got sometimes. You were lame enough even though we couldn't say you were funny. Minwoo and I went to visit you so many times your family could remember us. Do you remember the days when it was just the two of us, the two of us having fun study dates just days before the exams, hanging around the beach when we were at Jeju, the two of us passing weird jokes about how y llamas were, and the different cupcakes we made together at your house with Hyunmin?

 

I didn't like you romantically then. I still had a crush on Jeongmin. When he asked me out for a date, I couldn't be any happier. Until you told me you just asked someone out.

Eunjoo.

That's right, my sister.

 

I remember sitting at the cafe with Jeongmin. I remember getting myself frustrated with questioning myself of what you were doing then with my own sister. I still remember walking with him, talking about family, school, food. Neither of us tried to be intimate, and we went the furthest we could be. Friends. I couldn't bear to go home and see Eunjoo either. I headed straight for Minwoo's place. Minwoo was the best friend I could ever have. He made the best jokes that day, smiled the brightest and jumped the fastest as we played cards. I got home eventually to see my sister as neutral as me.

 

You never took anyone out again, but I could never look at you the same way either. I was avoiding you as much as you were. The times I spoke to you, I was smiling brighter than I ever did. My insides stirred when you made a presentation in front of the class. Was this love? I'm not sure. But one thing I know, I was smitten with you.

 

You approached me after school a week later, punched my arm and put your arm over my shoulder, like how we always greeted each other. Who knows how, you kept your arm around me and walked on to the beach. You kept singing songs along the way, i could only smile and get myself lost in your husky voice. It was just you and me sitting by the bench. We were talking again. Laughing at everything from dwarves to shoes., even though they were the lamest jokes you could ever tell. You were prepared, you even brought sandwiches. You were chewing on it, and then you looked at me silently. You laughed to yourself. I looked at you surprised. I still remember.

"Aish haha what the heck, will you date me?"

 

THE END.

______________________________________________

LOL this shall be the shortest fanfic you have read and the shortest I've written. But don't worry,  the sequel's coming up! ^^