That Fateful Meeting

The Mysterious Stranger

 

I was running late, as usual, to work. I grabbed my purse (which had the most important thing in the world to me at this moment in it), my keys, and my jacket and ran out of the house. I got in the car and put the key in the ignition.

"Start, please. Start!!" But there was nothing. "Great. Just what I need right now..." I grabbed my purse and jumped out of the vehicle. I quickly ripped my shoes off my feet and started running down the street. I didn't care that the ground was cold and filled with snow. All that mattered right then was getting that package to Mr. Shim. He would have killed me if anything happened to it. This is where the story starts. As I was running down the cold, icy street, I happened to bump into someone. Well actually it was more like CRASHED into someone, but it caused us both to fall. My bag flew across the street.

"Ughh..." I said trying to sit up. "Thanks for running into me..." I said in a very mean and sarcastic tone. The person I ran into held his hand out, offering to help me up. I just pushed it away and stood up on my own.

"I'm sorry that that happened. But was I the one running like a crazy person down the street with no shoes on? Nope. Not me."

I looked up at him, obviously pissed. "Look here mister... You can't just sit here and insult me like that. I am in a very big hurry, my car wouldn't start, and I need to deliver the package..." My eyes widened as I realized that I had no clue where my purse went. "MY PURSE! Where is it?! Ohh no... Ohhh no no no no. This cannot be happening." I continued to mumble to myself for another minute or so.

"Did you take it?! Give it back!!" I yelled at the guy.

"Why would I want your purse? Seriously."

He started to walk away but I grabbed his arm. "Hey, shouldn't you at least help me find it since you bumped into me too?" I never got a good look at him before that. He was actually pretty handsome. Nice medium length brown hair with some blonde highlights, beautiful brown eyes, and he was pretty tall as well.

He sighed and looked down at me. "I guess I should... Fine, whatever. I'll help. But, there is something you have to do for me in return."

I glared up at him, and then all of a sudden got really frightened. 'What does he mean by IN RETURN?! Is he planning on doing something to me?!'

"Hey hey now. Don't get any ideas. I'm not paying you back like that." I said putting my finger in his face.

"What the hell are you talking about? Like that? What does that even mean? Did you think I was going to ask for ?! Do I look like some sick ??"

"So you aren't planning on doing anything to me..?"

"Hell no! I'm not like that." He said fiercely.

I smiled and laughed. "Ohh good. Cuz you were really starting to scare me. Let's find my purse, and hurry. I really have somewhere to be."

He didn't smile but just stared at me. "Okay then..." He looked a bit confused, but I didn't bother to ask why. I started to dig through the snow, hoping to find my purse. No luck.

An hour went by, still nothing. I sat in the snow and started crying. "Ahhhh, My life is over!!!" I buried my face in my knees.

The mysterious man I bumped into earlier sat next to me. "It’s okay... You can always just get a new purse..."

"It's not about the purse! It’s about what was in the purse!" I looked up at him. He looked completely shocked by my tears.

"What was in it?" He was a very curious man.

"Why would I tell you?! I don't even know your name!!!"

"Onew. Nice to meet you." He said sticking his hand out.

"Wow, Onew... Nice. Anyways, I'm Ashley and I'm in a very big hurry and if I don't find my purse, let's just say this will be the last time you'll ever see me..." I started digging through the snow some more.

"Was it really that important?"

I quickly looked up at him. I walked slowly up to him. "Are you kidding me? This could cost me my job, my life, my everything!"

And this is where it started. He smiled and I didn't look where I was going. I slipped. But something caught me and it happened to be Onew. But he didn't catch me. I fell on him. Fell on him. And it just so happens that it was on his lips...

Yes, there we were, on the cold snowy ground, basically kissing. I quickly jumped up and covered my mouth. "Ohh.. I'm so sorry!"

He looked at me, confused. "I quite enjoyed it, actually."

What did he mean by that..? I just met this boy and we already kissed. Ugh, worst day ever.