Is a lost love always really lost, or can Love come back again?

JaeJoong One-Shot!

YulMin was walking through the school halls and went to her lockers. School just had ended and everyone was running outside.
She stood by her locker now and looked beside her to see her crush also putting his books inside. He noticed her looking and turned to her. "YulMin annyeong! I haven't seen you the whole day" he chuckled, "How are you? Would you mind if I walk you home?" He asked with a sweet  smile. YulMin could feel her heart burst and nodded as her cheeks flashed red.
"Okay than let's go" he said waiting for YulMin to get her books quickly inside her locker. Being nervous and in a kind of rush she even dripped.
'Great YulMin. Now he offered you to walk you home for the first time and now you even drip!' She scolded in her head but the boy just smiled and helped her up. "Everything okay YulMin?" "Neh I'm fine" she reassured.
The boy smiled again and they started walking.
"So Y-YulMin-shii  how come you're still single?" the boy asked and rubbed his neck while looking into the far away.
The girl blushed at that question. Why did he ask her that? She couldn't answer this question. All her friends, girls or boys didn't matter, were nearly all in a relationship. Now she felt lonely. She never felt this loneliness in heart till now.
"I-I don't know. Seems like I haven't been in such a big love yet" she lied. How she liked the boy at her side but he didn't knew.
He frowned. But why? YulMin couldn't think of a answer, and let the things go their way.
"How about you?" She asked not wanting the conversation to stop. He was very handsome and girls swooned over him. But he wasn't the KingKa though.
"Maybe because of the same reason like you? Or could it be I'm afraid? I can't tell. Maybe I'm in love and don't know it" the boy answered honestly  and looked at the smaller girl. She was one year younger then him.
He was 19 and she 18. They attended the same High School, but not the same class. They just shared the photography and sport classes. They also were both in their senior year and it was just 3 more weeks till the school ended.
She giggled. "Afraid? What should you be afraid of?" she quickly covered . But the boy took her hands from and said, "Even though I might be good looking, doesn't mean every girl likes me. Just like..." he stopped talking and looked into the girls eyes deeply.
"T-there is ... m-my house. Thank you for b-bringing me home" the young girl stuttered.
The boy however didn't let go of her hands and kissed her cheek.
"See you tomorrow okay? I wait here in the morning YulMin" the boy said and left her dumbfounded. Did her crush really just kissed her cheek? Her hand was placed on her cheek where his lips just were a minute ago.
She walked home with shaky legs. She didn't care about her mother's questions, or the dinner. She went straight to her bedroom wanting to sleep early that she didn't have to wait so long.

The next morning she woke realizing she was too late. The school would start in 7 minutes. She quickly took a shower, changed in her school uniform and put her still wet hair into a high messy-bun.
She sighed as she thought about how her crush had waited for her about 20 minutes and then left. She needed to apologize to him. She quickly ran off her house, with her earphones plugged in. "HEY!" she heard someone yell.
"YulMin!" she turned around to see her crush still waiting. "You still waited for me? But I was late and now we both going to be late" "Don't worry. But don't I get a hug? Or a hello?" the boy asked with a cheeky tone in his voice. The girl blushed and kissed his cheek instead of a hug. He smiled brightly.

The more they spend together the closer they got. But they time they spend together wasn't meant forever. The graduation was coming closer, and everyone had to choose the way they wanted to go.  And so the two had to choose also.

The day of the graduation came and also the day of their separation. YulMin was sad. Finally she had the love she graved for and now, she had to let go. The way her lover took was totally different from her own. She knew it would come to that but that he had to go abroad? She didn't thought of that.

"YulMin don't cry. I always love you! I promise. Don't forget me arasso? Take care of yourself my love.
Goodbye"
He kissed the girls sweet lips for the first, yet for the last time. As they broke apart, he placed another kiss on her forehead and left for the airplane. Why did Love so hurt?

She stood in the middle of the airport. Busy people were around her, trying to get through the crowd. Tears escaped her eyes as she softly mumbled,

"Goodbye JaeJoong. I love you!"


Years Later____

YulMin had finished all her school and was 25 reaching her 26th year of life. She had a house now and got herself a boyfriend with whom she lived.
"Jagiya? Let's go out on a date" he sweetly said as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She smiled "Okay Jagi. Just let me get changed okay?" she pecked his lips and went changing.

After the little date, they returned back home and her boyfriend went shortly after in the bed. He had to work early.
She decided to take some air on the balcony and went out. She was light burning in the opposite house. "Wasn't it empty?" she mumbled to herself. The house had been open to sale for years now. No one really wanted to have it. The balcony door on the opposite opened. "Annyeong I'm the new neighbor here. I'm Kim JaeJoong" the man said making the woman gasp.
The man opened his eyes after hearing the gasp and saw her. His lost love. His teenage love. His first love!
"Y-YulMin? Is that really you?" he asked with excitement. How could that be? Both of them didn't know.  The smile re JaeJoong 's face. "It's nice to see you again maybe we can meet up next week and catch up. Because now I am busy with this house here" the woman nodded "Sure why not? Then see you JaeJae. And don't mind asking for help" YulMin said before going inside to lie down beside her boyfriend. JaeJae it was his nickname which she gave him as they were still together back then.
"Something wrong Jagi? To who were you talking?" "Jagi. You don't believe it an old school friend of mine from High School moved in the house beside us!" she exclaimed. "Really? That's good" your boyfriend said sleepily. "Sleep jagiya" she kissed his cheek.

But one thing she couldn't tell her boyfriend. The JaeJoong was her first big love and the only boyfriend she had before she met her current boyfriend.

The next day came and YulMin cooked lunch for her and her boyfriend who would return soon.
As he did, she noticed him all nervous and such. She never saw him like that besides the one time when he asked her to be his girlfriend. "YulMin. Would you come to me please?" He said standing in the living room.
She was about to take her apron off, and walked to her lover. "Yes?" she asked but froze when she saw her boyfriend on one knee infront of her. "I know this isn't the most romantic place and not the best moment. I tried planning this but I couldn't. I don't know. I then thought an unexpected confession would be great so here I am. Totally helpless and all by myself scared like a cat.
YulMin we had been dating for 3 nearly 4 years now and I love you like the first day. I don't know how you feel about me, but I hope you love as much as ever. All I want to ask is....
Will you marry me? Will you be my wife, and the mother of our kids?"

YulMin cried and nodded. "Y-yes. Jagi oh yes!"

Later the evening, YulMin and her now fiancé were all in love. Being so sweet and all till a knock on the door interrupted them.
"YulMin. I want to ask if you could help me out with something. It isn't much" it was JaeJoong. "Sure. Jagiya? Would you mind helping too?" her man came from the kitchen and smiled. "Sure let me just finish my sandwich" "Okay. You want one too JaeJae?" YulMin asked. She noticed the confused look on his face and you knew why. "Yes please. I haven't eat in ages. At least it feels like it!" he said.
Your fiancé took some sandwiches along. "Should we go?" he said and took your hand also this didn't stay unnoticed to JaeJoong who lost his happiness even more.

As the days went by, the house was finished with YulMin 's and her fiancé 's help.
"Jagi? I will meet up with JaeJoong to talk about the old times. You don't mind right?" YulMin asked and fiancé kissed her nose tip. "I'm happy you have contact with an old friend of yours again. Enjoy your time Jagi".
She loved how understanding her lover was and went off with JaeJoong who waited for her outside.

"So how was your life over in China?" YulMin asked as she sipped on her juice. "Actually really hard. I barely could talk Chinese and so on. But well I graduated with good grades and well after finding work, I had the normal life. Till I got shipped over to Korea where the other company was. So I'm back again and ended up as your neighbor" he explained smiling. "That's great" YulMin said happily.
They never talked about their lost love. They both got to used to live with the pain they had after JaeJoong left. They even didn't ask each other what happened to their love life afterwards. Well actually YulMin 's side was already answered. But what was with JaeJoong did he find another girl back in China?
"So... you live with that guy" he began slowly trying to find words "Yes he's my fiancé" YulMin told him slowly "I-  ... I see you two seem happy" he said trying to smile. "JaeJae... Can you promise me something?" YulMin looked at him with hopeful eyes  "Sure what is it?" "Don't tell him. About us. I mean the teenage l-love"  YulMin found it difficult to say the word >Love<  infront of JaeJoong.
"I promise!" he said and smiled.

Days, weeks and months passed by and JaeJoong spend a lot of time with YulMin.  YulMin 's fiancé was overseas for some time. They met up from time to time, and talked over the balcony every night.

"YulMin darling. I will stay a little longer as planned. Maybe a week longer. Please don't be upset" her fiancé told her through the phone. "Okay Jagiya take care" she said but felt upset exactly that what her lover told her not to be but who could blame YulMin?
The conversation took on but soon they had hung up.
This night was so different. She felt more lonely like the other night. Little knocks distracted her from her thoughts.
It was JaeJoong who threw little rocks again her balcony door. "Hey. You didn't come out like the usual time and yea... Don't you want to talk tonight?" He noticed her sad face. "You can come over if you want to talk" he offered.
YulMin nodded and put on some shoes and went to JaeJoong. 
As she sat on his couch, JaeJoong got her warm milk, and sat down beside her. They looked like little kids somehow. Confused or sad and not being able to fix it all.
"So what's the problem?" he asked rubbing her back because he saw her eyes getting watery.
YulMin explained him what her fiancé just told her. "And now you don't trust him enough?" He asked  trying to get the situation. "No it's not that. It's just I miss him so much ju-" she stopped herself.
All this remembered her of the time when JaeJoong left her.

Why was all of this so similar? Just that this time the one who comforted her wasn't a friend of hers, it was JaeJoong.

JaeJoong went silent and put a arm around her shoulder. "Don't cry. Just think about the time when you'll meet each other again. The time when he runs in your arms" he told her. It's what he had dreamed of. That's what he wanted back then.
YulMin nodded as she leaned her head on his shoulder letting him comfort her.
It was like the time when they were together.
There was this one time she cried hard. It was two nights before JaeJoong had to leave.
They sat on his bed with him holding her close comforting her.
YulMin soon had gathered herself again and stopped crying "Let's watch a sitcom" she said turning on the TV.

The whole night the two spend together with watching funny stuff, telling jokes and so on. Like little teenager who were best friends. Well actually they were best friends now. But you can't be friends with someone when you used to love him/her right? That's what everyone says but these two prove that it can be... right?

In two nights YulMin 's fiancé would come back. But something was different. She wasn't happy nor was she sad  or anything else she just felt nothing on the other side she felt happy and excited talking to JaeJoong.
She soon had to figure out, she had fallen for JaeJoong once again!
But it's a love that can't be!! She couldn't love JaeJoong. She was engaged to the man she loves or used to love?
She was so unsure of her shaking heart. What should she do? In 7 months she would marry her lover, her one and only.
She shook her head. She stood infront of the mirror in the bathroom. "You can't love him!" she said loudly and splashed ice cold water into her face.
"Who can't you love?" she heard someone ask. YulMin turned around in panic as she saw JaeJoong infront of her.

"N-no one" she stuttered. JaeJoong looked down in sadness. "Do you.... love me?" he asked in frustration. YulMin, who rested her weight on her arms which were on the bathroom sink, and she looked downwards to the wall.  "JaeJae.... I-  I didn't mean to but the feelings came back. I couldn't stop myself and before I even could I was already ... in love" YulMin said as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Why did you come back into my life? Why? If not this wouldn't have happened and I could have a happy life with my fiancé! But why?
Even though our love cannot be. It didn't work years ago, and now it cannot work because of my fiancé there's always something between our love" YulMin said. Her feelings made her confused.
She couldn't just tell her fiancé "Hey listen I fell for JaeJoong so we can't marry" she couldn't.
She loved JaeJoong dearly that was true, but she also had still some feelings for her fiancé. "YulMin listen...! It wasn't my purpose. I love you YulMin. I never felt different. All this wasn't planned at all. I didn't know you lived here with your fiancé. I'm sorry. YulMin marry him. Forget about me and our love. We aren't meant to be. We just aren't but if you decide for me, no one can stop me from taking you with me. YulMin as long as you are happy, I am too okay? Smile again for him. Forget me and your love to me.
it's not right" JaeJoong said and left the house. YulMin didn't care how he got inside but she felt hurt as he left.
Like years ago, it felt like he took some of her being with him.


7 months later____

Like JaeJoong said, she tried forgetting about him. He even moved to a different street. He still wanted to be near her.
Well everything was prepared for the marriage. They stood infront of all people.

"Jung Dae Sok do you want to marry Park Yul Min and promise to love her and respect her till death separates you two?" the pastor asked.
"Yes I want" her fiancé soon to be husband said.

YulMin got lost in thoughts.
'Do I really want this? Do I really wanna marry this man when my love for JaeJoong is bigger and more shiny? Is it really what I want? Am I able to have kids with this man, and spend my whole life with him? Can I do this and see JaeJoong having another woman, kids and such?  Can I be happy with this decission?
Do I love him?
'

"Miss Park YulMin. Would you please answer the question now?" the pastor asked, "Or are you not sure?".
YulMin looked at the pastor, then to the crowd. This was her last time to decide.
Suddenly someone stood up from the crowd. It was him!
"Marry him YulMin! He loves you just like you do love him" she knew he lied. Deep in his heart he knew YulMin loved him more. "Jagi..." her fiancé mumbled, "You love him right?" he asked. YulMin couldn't take it any longer. She couldn't lie to her lover anymore. "I love you Jagi...! But I love him too. We had been teenage lovers" she finally confessed and she felt like stones had fallen off her heart.
She loved both but she couldn't say which love was bigger, the love to her lover or her love to JaeJoong.
"Go" her lover mouthed, "Go with him" he said. YulMin 's eyes grew big. "I- I can't jagi I love you too" "Have you seen your eyes baby? They are different when you look at him" your fiancé pushed you towards him.
A little shocked by his reaction, you gasped but turned around to look at JaeJoong.
With tears in her eyes she held up her Wedding dress a bit, that she could run towards JaeJoong.
He took her hand, and ran out of the church with her.

"Now I won't ever let you go YulMin or should I say Jagi?" he chuckled and kissed her as he drove off with her to somewhere no one knew.