Nicknames

The Babysitter

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo

I ran back to my hyungs and sister with a red face. I spotted them sitting on a nearby bench and skidded to a halt in front of them. They immediately started with their endless teasing.

   ‘Yeobo, are you cold?’ Chanyeol hyung asked Joonmyun hyung mushily.

   ‘Hmm, can you hug me baby?’ Joonmyun hyung replied, even pouting a little as he rubbed his arms repeatedly.

   ‘Aww, come here,’ Chanyeol hyung cooed, his arms opened wide as Joonmyun hyung enveloped himself around the younger boy.

   ‘Oh wait, we forgot our little daughter!’ Chanyeol hyung faked exclaimed. ‘Come to Mummy Jinri,’ he said disgustingly.

They made space for Jinri and the three of them wrapped their arms around each other. I stared at them unamused and Joonmyun hyung still had the decency to give me a what’s-wrong look. I rolled my eyes at them.

   ‘Can we please go home now,’ I grumbled, walking off.

   ‘Aww, is our little princess mad?’ a loud and deep voice boomed from behind.

   ‘Princess? Kyungsoo oppa is a... princess?’ Jinri asked, a hint of shock layering her question. I spun around on my heels and gave my two hyungs a menacing glare.

   ‘That’s your oppa for you Jinri,’ my shorter hyung said, snickering.

Great. Now my sister is going to start calling me by that stupid name too.

   ‘Let’s just hurry up and move along shall we? You wouldn’t want to keep the princess waiting,’ I smiled sarcastically.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was bombarded with questions and stupid remarks throughout the ride home.

‘I think Kai likes you Kyungie. Don’t you think so too?’

‘When are you going to ask him out?’

‘I think Kai is gay. No offence but I think he’s gay. I mean, look at that !’

‘How old is he anyway? Can he support our little princess?’

‘Have he met your parents? Have you met his parents?’

‘I think he is a sappy-romantic kind of person. Look at how he looks at you!’

‘Does he have any dating experience? Was it a girlfriend or a boyfriend?’

‘I’m giving you two a week before your first kiss together,’

   ‘What the hell Chanyeol hyung?!’ I muttered crossly. I was glad my sister was asleep. I didn’t need her to know that her brother is gay – yet.

   ‘What? Judging by the way you two move around each other, I’m giving you a week tops,’ he shrugged.

   ‘Ugh, you’re sick,’

   ‘Says the princess,’ he turned and stuck out his tongue. ‘The bet is still on Kyungsoo,’ he said childishly as I rolled my eyes at him.

   ‘Oh I know! Maybe you should bring him to the party at Luhan’s house this coming weekend!’ Joonmyun hyung said excitedly, squealing as he rubbed his hands gleefully.

   ‘HANDS ON THE WHEELS!’ the two of us exclaimed as I began panicking.

   ‘Calm down, I know what I’m doing,’ he replied nonchalantly, driving pass the red light.

   ‘Have you gone bonkers?’ Chanyeol hyung hit him on the head. ‘That’s the red light!’

   ‘Just shush and go to sleep you two,’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Upon reaching home safely, I immediately shook Jinri awake and jumped out of the car. I was on my toes throughout the whole ride home. Joonmyun hyung insisted we take the longer route and kept shouting ‘Its still early!’. He rolled down all four windows and blasted music from his cranky radio, driving at a crazy speed – ignoring all the red lights.

   ‘You spiked his drink didn’t you?’ I sputtered as I recovered from the severe migraine I had gotten from the crazy ride home.

   ‘Well... um, it was only a dash. I didn’t know he would be this bad,’ Chanyeol hyung murmured as he rubbed the back of his head.

   ‘What the hell hyung?’ I grabbed the collar of his shirt. ‘We could have died!’

   ‘But we didn’t!’ he replied with his signature goofy smile on his face.

   ‘You are driving home,’ I said, releasing him. I looked back into the car and saw Joonmyun hyung dancing alone to a techno song in the car.

   ‘Let’s go in Jinri. Umma’s waiting for us,’ I muttered, shaking my head at the two of them.

   ‘Remember the bet Kyungsoo!’ I heard Chanyeol hyung scream as I closed the door.

   ‘What bet?’ a familiar deep voice from behind me asked.

I turned and saw my father sitting in the living room with the newspaper opened up wide in his hand. I was shocked for a moment but began greeting him with a deep bow once I recovered from the momentary shock.

   ‘Go shower and then we can have our dinner. Umma has cooked both of your favourite dishes,’ he continued, a faint smile playing on his full lips. The two of us stood beside each other and looked at him blankly.

He was smiling.

He raised his eyebrow at us and we both immediately clambered up the steps to our rooms.

   ‘Wow,’ I breathed.

   ‘I know right... wow,’

   ‘Go take a quick shower,’ I pushed her towards her room. ‘See you in ten,’.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dinner was surprisingly comfortable and not awkward like what I had expected it to be. It felt like my family was back. Like all the crumbles and pieces of what used to make up my family were back in place.

   ‘My friend invited me to dinner at his house tomorrow. Is it okay if I go?’ I spoke timidly. I was still not used to the fact that my father is eating at the same table with me.

   ‘Who?’

   ‘Kai,’ I meekly replied.

   ‘Oh! Isn’t that Mrs Kim’s son?’ Umma asked as I nodded a yes.

   ‘So... is this a yes?’ I asked, biting my lower lip.

   ‘Well, of course you can go Kyungie,’ Appa smiled. ‘Just be home before your curfew,’.

I unknowingly let out a delighted squeal and my parents gave me a weird look. I brushed it off happily as nothing and began scarfing down the food on my plate. I was excited to be able to meet Kai again.

After dinner, I retreated back to my room. I stole a glance at the clock and noticed that it was already 6 minutes past nine.

Why hasn’t Kai called me yet? Did he forget?

I waited for another 10 minutes and there was still no signs of my phone vibrating or ringing at all. I kept tossing around in bed with a million scenarios playing in my head. A part of me wanted to dial his number but the other part of me kept screaming no. I was torn between the two. After, a long internal debate with myself, I gathered up enough courage and picked up my phone which I had tossed at the corner of my room. I had just picked up my phone when the screen came to life. Kai’s name blinked rapidly in my face.

   ‘Finally,’ I sighed, as I answered the phone.

   ‘What?’ he said. I realised what I had just said out loud and began knocking my head profusely.

   ‘No no no, I meant... Uh, hi Kai,’

   ‘Hi Kyungie hyung,’ he replied cheerfully.

   ‘What did you just call me?’ I mumbled as I blushed.

   ‘Kyungie. You like it?’ he said. I swear I could almost see the cocky smile he is wearing on his face right now.

   ‘Um y-yeah,’

   ‘So, are you coming over for dinner tomorrow? Umma’s been pestering me so much its annoying,’ he sighed following by a ‘Hey!’ from his mother in the background.

   ‘Yeah, I’m coming over for dinner tomorrow,’ I smiled into the phone.

   ‘Really? That’s great! Should I fetch you?’

   ‘No its alright. I can go there by myself,’ I said as I lowered myself onto my bed.

   ‘Alright then. Be here by... seven?’

   ‘Yeah sure,’

   ‘Oh and hyung, can you bring Taemin’s shirt tomorrow too? I mean its not like I’m-‘

   ‘You talk too much Jongin. I’ll bring it tomorrow, no worries,’ I laughed.

   ‘Sorry?’

   ‘I said I’ll bring-‘

   ‘No, before that. What did you say before that?’

I was beginning to feel confused. I tried back-tracking what I just said. ‘You talk too much Jongin. I’ll bring it tomorrow, no worries,’. Then it clicked me. I had just called him by his real name, Jongin.

   ‘Um, Jongin?’ I replied softly.

   ‘Say it again hyung,’

   ‘Jongin?’

   ‘Again,’ he demanded.

   ‘Oh come on Jongin. Why are you doing this?’ I muttered embarrassedly as I played with the edges my blankets.

   ‘Call me Jongin hyung. I like it when you call me Jongin,’

That took me by surprise.

   ‘Um, okay then… Jongin,’

He chuckled.

   ‘So, I’ll see you tomorrow?’

   ‘Y-yeah. Goodnight then Jongin,’ I shyly replied, a huge grin threatening to form on my lips.

   ‘Goodnight to you too hyung! Dream sweet dreams of me okay?’ He said playfully causing my face to turn a few more darker shades of red.

   ‘You little brat,’ I playfully chastised him in return earning some laughter from him.

   ‘Fine, fine, I’ll be fair. Let’s dream sweet dreams of each other tonight. Goodnight Kyungie hyung!’ he laughed and hang up the call before I even got to say anything in return. I was dumbfounded. He was a stuttering mess just the day before but now I’m the stuttering mess.

Laughing quietly to myself, I placed my phone on my bedside table and got comfortable under my blanket. I was on the brink of falling asleep when I heard a timid knock on the door. Groaning, I got up and opened the door to reveal Jinri who was hugging an oversized teddy bear to her chest.

   ‘Can I sleep with you tonight oppa? I’m still not used to sleeping alone,’ she said, looking down at her feet.

  ‘S-ure. Yeah, why not,’

I let her into my bed first before slipping in. We both laid on our backs with our hands folded across our chests.

   ‘I’m guessing there are monsters under your bed?’ I joked as I tried to lighten the awkward tension between us.

   ‘Its just… Umma. I used to sleep with her all the time when she was-‘

   ‘Shh,’ I whispered as I tried to stop her from saying anything else.

   ‘But now she’s dead,’ I turned my head to look at her and saw a tear trickling down her cheek.

My heart wrenched at the sight of my sister sobbing to herself in the dark. She hugged the teddy bear closer to her chest and dug her face into it, her body shaking vigorously. I moved in towards her and pulled her in for a hug. I let her cry into my shoulder as I ran my fingers down her long luscious hair, trying my best to soothe her.

   ‘Its going to be fine Jinri, I’m here for you. Umma and Appa are here for you. You still have us don’t you? We love you Jinri. Shh,’ I whispered.

   ‘Y-you, love m-me?’ She said sobbing as she raised her head to look at me in the eyes.

I smiled gently and nodded. I put her back into bed before settling in. Her sobbings has stopped but I could still see her eyes gleaming with tears.

   ‘Yah, cheer up okay? Should I tickle you so that you would feel better?’

She shook her head sadly at me.

   ‘Then smile,’ I urged, propping myself up on my elbows. She continued looking at me sadly with a prominent pout on her face.

   ‘You are asking for it Jinri,’ I sighed, sitting up as I took the covers off my body. I reached for her waist and began tickling her like what Chanyeol hyung and Joonmyun hyung always does to me to make me happy. Soon, the room was filled with her giggles and my laughter. We landed back on my bed, panting.

   ‘Go to sleep now Jinri,’ I huffed as I felt myself drifting to sleep.

   ‘You are the best princess oppa,’ she said before snoring lightly. I was too tired to reprimand her for that and ended up cursing Chanyeol hyung and Joonmyun hyung in my head instead. It won’t be long till everybody starts calling me princess as well.

Damn you two hyungs.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Didn't proof-read this as per usual. Um, so this wasn't supposed to be up till Tuesday but it was screaming at me to update so... there you go. I don't really like this chapter as it came out kind of pretty rushed. I hope you guys could bear with me :3

Lately, all these random ideas and inspirations just came shooting at me at school and now I'm really excited to convert them into one-shots. I'll most probably write Kaisoo, 2min and Baekyeol (they are my OTPs guise ^^). So I hope you could maybe check them out. I'm posting one a time so here you go :)

Kaisoo : Cupcakes http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/241349

You guys should watch this too ^^ I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE HILARIOUS NARRATOR :D And, there's Kaisoo plus Kai's provocative so shoo, go and watch it now ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAky_QaLEck&feature=g-u-u

 

 

And your usual serving of Kaisoo <3

 

Kim Jongin calling his hyung cute ;A; Kaisoo ships themselves

Lmao, you should take care of your husband princess ;)

 

And does this reminds anyone of Chapter 2 ? Indirect kiss kyaaa~ >___<

 

I saw this in school and I screamed D:

 

gifs aren't mine

 

Too much Kaisoo is not good for your health :l

To those who are interested in the shirts, I'll personally message you later :) See you in the next chapter ! ^^

p.s I want to read more chaptered Kaisoo fics lately but I can't seem to find any good ones :C So, do share with me if you have any to recommend :) I read everything ^^ LJs ones are fine too ^^