final

Sunrise

“Hey. Kyungsoo. Get up.”

 

Jongin leaned over the sleeping Kyungsoo in his bed and pushed his side. Kyungsoo groaned, rolled over, and shoved a hand under his pillow.

 

“Get up! Please! I want to take you somewhere!”

 

Kyungsoo groaned again and buried his face in the sheets. Jongin had no choice but to do...that.

 

Preparing for his special move that would wake up his lover for sure, he rubbed his hands together mischievously. After taking a step back, he crept up to the bed and hopped onto Kyungsoo's back, causing him to scream into the pillow under Jongin's weight.

 

“Get off of me! I'm awake! I'm ing awake! Get! Off!” he grumbled, trying to shake Jongin off.

 

“Okay, cranky !” he sneered. He knew Kyungsoo would act exactly like this.

 

Kyungsoo pulled himself up into a sitting position and grabbed his phone from under his pillow. It lit up, showing the time, date, and 2 new messages.

 

It was 4:58 in the morning.

 

“It's five in the morning. What do you need to show me so bad that you wake me up three hours early?!” he complained, chucking his pillow at Jongin.

 

Jongin caught the pillow that was thrown at him so angrily and tossed it back on the bed. Kyungsoo wasn't usually this y or agitated, but how would you feel if someone jumped on you while you were sleeping?

 

“I just really want to take you somewhere, okay?”

 

“Where?!”

 

“It's a surprise. Go put something warm on and hurry up!”

 

“Fine, fine! Get out and wait though, I don't want you watching me undress!”

 

“Why? I've seen you befo—oof.”

 

Jongin was interrupted by a pillow hitting him in the face, thrown by an annoyed and slightly blushing Kyungsoo.

 

 

When Kyungsoo had finished changing, he left his room, shut the door quietly, and saw his lover on the couch.

 

“Took you long enough! I mean, that took so long that the leaves are changing!”

 

“It's your fault for almost breaking me in half at five in the morning.”

 

“Blah blah. Puh-lease. Let's go!” Jongin said, grabbing Kyungsoo's hand and dragging him out the door. (“Lock the door! Don't you know how many ing weirdos live around here?!”)

 

They walked out into the cool morning air, Kyungsoo admiring how crisp and fresh it felt. He noticed how warm his hand was in contrast and looked down to it, to see Jongin was still awkwardly and uncomfortably grabbing it. Jongin seemed to notice this as well, and loosened his grip embarrassed, thinking Kyungsoo didn't want to hold hands. Kyungsoo took this chance to slip his fingers in between Jongin's, and held tightly.

 

Little moments like that seemed to make Jongin's heart want to burst.

 

“Come on. We're only going across the street to the park.”

 

“That's not very exciting.”

 

“You'll take that back soon enough.”

 

Jongin lead him across the street and into the dewy field of a nearby park, taking a seat at a rusted bench that's seen better days.

 

Kyungsoo decided to speak up. “So why are we here?”

 

“Shh. Just watch.” he replied, pointing at the light purple sky, turning yellow toward the bottom.

 

He understood why Jongin woke him up so early. To see the sun rise.

 

He scooted closer to Jongin to feel more of his warmth and rested his head on his shoulder. Fingers still twined together, Jongin squeezed his hand.

 

Kyungsoo's earlier feelings of annoyance and anger all drifted away as he felt them melt into new feelings of love,watching the sun show the top of it's blinding head over the horizon. He wanted this moment to last forever.

 

It was simply breathtaking.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”