When Feelings Begin to Bloom

Royally Jacked

 

“---like you.”

 

Kris paused to take a breath again and to calm himself down. He nervously looked at the reaction of the brunette in front of him.

 

Sooyoung was stunned for a millisecond. Then she was confused. Now, she was trying her best to register what Kris had said into her mind.

 

Kris was still quiet, waiting for her response. The brunette finally gave a laugh, shocking Kris.

 

“I like you too, Kris.” She smiled. “Why so suddenly?”

 

Kris sighed in defeat. As expected, she didn’t fully understood his confession.

 

“No, Soo—“

HI, UNNIE!” Sooyoung suddenly said out loud and waved enthusiastically at the young lady who had just stood from her table to go to the washroom. Kwon BoA was alarmed when she heard Sooyoung’s greeting. She looked up and saw Sooyoung and Kris and half-heartedly sighed in defeat. BoA waved back at Sooyoung with a smile before walking towards her table.

 

“Hi, Sooyoung.” She greeted politely.

 

Sooyoung grinned and batted her eyelashes at the older lady and BoA lets out a groan.

 

Gosh, Sooyoung! Fine, we’re dating. Okay? You happy now?”

 

The brunette smiled brightly at the older lady, as if finally accomplished something. “Okay! Yup!”

 

BoA at first sighed again, but later, smiled at the thought that maybe it was time to let the cat out of the bag. After returning from the washroom, she headed back towards her table where Yunho was still browsing through the menu.

 

“Yunho,” She softly said, and Yunho looked up—giving his charming smile. “Yes?”

 

“Let’s not keep this a secret anymore.” BoA finally said and Yunho grinned.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. I’m sure. It felt so good when I admitted to Sooyoung that we’re going out together.” BoA said as she pointed over her shoulder at Sooyoung and Kris who were still looking at them. Sooyoung waved at Yunho and he responded back with a wave as well.

 

Whatever you say~” Yunho said sweetly and BoA blushed.

 

--

 

Siwon found Kris sitting alone at the fountain the next day, his thoughts seemingly occupied. The Prince sat beside him and nudged him gently and the younger boy looked at him. “Oh, hey hyung.”

 

 “You seem occupied with something.” said Siwon, and Kris nodded his head slowly and heaved a sigh.

 

“I told her,” Kris admitted. “But she didn’t seem to get my confession.”

 

Siwon looked away from the younger boy and scratched his chin, as if thinking. “Did you make it clear to her that you like her more than just friends?”

 

That’s the problem; I didn’t have the chance to.” Kris buried his head into his hand.

 

Siwon raised an eyebrow. “Wae?”

 

“She was too occupied with being happy that BoA and Yunho sunbae are together.”

 “Oh,” The Prince was taken aback. “I see.”

 

Actually, since the second Siwon had stepped into the campus earlier today, he had heard a rumor going around that BoA was dating Yunho. Although there were no confirmations from the both of them, there were no denials too.

 

 “So it is true? That they’re dating?”

“Yes, we saw them at the Café yesterday and BoA sunbae confessed.”

 

Siwon smiled. “That’s nice to hear, both of them are really compatible with each other anyway.”

 

Kris let out a small smile. “Did you know that they were rivals-slash-enemies back then?”

 

Siwon’s eyes widen and Kris nodded his head. “Yup, they were always lashing on each other and avoided crossing path. I guess their relationship got a whole lot better since last year.”

 

And this year they’re together? Wow,” Impressed, Siwon couldn’t help but laughed. “If you haven't told me, I wouldn’t have known. They seemed so close with each other.”

 

“This year’s their last year here so I guess they wanted to make some fond memories or something to bring along once they leave.”

 

Just then, Kris’ phone rang, and he excused himself before answering the phone call.

 

“Wassup, Fany?”

“Hey Kris! Are you free now?” Tiffany’s cheerful voice from the other line was heard.

“Uhh, I guess so. Wae?”

“Can you come and take a look at our performance? And give comments?”

“Oh, umm, sure. But why me?”

 

Kris heard Tiffany sighed at the other line. “Because Yoona is busy, Sooyoung isn’t answering her phone and Baekhyun is probably in lecture class now.”

 

“So, I’m your last resort?” Kris snorted.

 “Kris Wu!” Tiffany whined. “You know I don’t mean that! It’s just that—“

 

Kris laughed. “I get what you mean, Fany. No problem, I’m coming over now. Music room right?”

 

“The one and only!” Kris could almost see Tiffany’s eyesmile as he heard the sentence.

 

 Tucking his phone away, Kris turned around to explain to the Prince that he had to leave now.

 

“Sure, see you later at rehearsal.” Siwon casually said and waved goodbye at the former.

 

Kris then slung his bag over his shoulders and half jogged towards the building by the east gate, just as Siwon stood from the fountain and headed towards his next lecture class that would begin in twenty minutes.

 

--

 

Two Weeks Later.

 

Act 3 was halfway perfected by the time April ended. They only had another one and a half more months left before the concert, and by now the theatrical students were starting to feel the nervousness forming in their hearts as they think about the edging performance date.

 

Sooyoung sighed halfway during rehearsing and she plopped down onto the stage, tired. She hasn’t felt this tired since ages and all she wanted to do now was to lie on her bed and sleep the whole day. She took off her shoes and began massaging her sore foot. Whimpering at the soreness and slightly pained foot, she was glad that no one else was in the hall rehearsing. The practice had been scheduled in an hour from now, but because Sooyoung had nothing to do, she decided to drop by earlier to practice by herself.

 

There she was, grumbling at how sore her foot was from all the dancing when she heard the door of the hall being pushed open. Looking up, she saw the handsome young prince entering and both of them gave a curt wave at each other.

 

Hastily, the brunette quickly slipped her shoes back on, ignoring the pain as she stood. “Hey Prince,” She cheerfully greeted. “Why so early today?”

 

Siwon chuckled in amusement. “Aren’t you just the same?”

 

The brunette blushed at how stupid her previous question was and took a step in front to continue reciting her lines, unfortunately the sudden pain flashed across her feet and she lost her balance. The poor girl fell down with a loud thud and whimpered at the pain she was experiencing now.

 

Embarrassed was she again when Siwon rushed up the stage and to her side, worried. “Are you okay?” He asked and Sooyoung nodded her head, lying. The Prince helped Sooyoung up, only to find the young lady toppling down helplessly again.

 

“What’s wrong?” Siwon asked, shocked. “Are you sick?”

Sooyoung shook her head and tried to smile. “My feet hurt from all the dancing but it is okay. It’ll recover soon.” She tried assuring.

 

What Siwon did next was surprising. The young prince reached out for Sooyoung’s left foot and took off her shoe. The brunette retracted her foot immediately, shocked. “What are you doing?” She gasped.

 

“You shouldn’t be wearing sport shoes if your feet is hurt,” Siwon curtly replied before swiftly taking out the shoe from the right foot. “And I’m just checking the condition of your feet, don’t worry.” Flashing his charming smile at the brunette, Sooyoung could feel her heart beat immensely fast suddenly.

 

“Oh dear, it’s all red and blistered.” Siwon frowned and again, Sooyoung retracted her in embarrassment. Siwon looked at her and raised his eyebrow.

 

“I’m just trying to help,” He said and Sooyoung shook her head.

“No, you shouldn’t. You’re a Prince. A prince does not deal with blistered feet!”

 

Siwon only blinked at Sooyoung, pretending that he didn’t understand what she had said. He gave a smile at the girl before standing up and—to Sooyoung’s surprise again—lifted her up swiftly as if she weighed a feather.

 

“Wha--?”

You can’t walk in this condition, Sooyoung.” Siwon reasoned out. “I’m just carrying you to the seat. I’ll tell BoA sunbae you’re not fit for practice today.”

 

Sooyoung felt her cheeks grew hotter as she realized how alarmingly closed her face was to the Prince, who seemed not to notice anything odd.

 

“But how can I be excuse from the practice? I’m the—“

“Sooyoung,” Siwon said in a firm tone as he stopped walking. Sooyoung glanced up to look at him; her heart continued to beat in an irregular speed. “How are you to practice with your blistered feet? BoA will understand.”

 

Sooyoung felt loss for words, a lump forming in his throat. She had never seen the Prince up this close before and a tiny voice began to appear in her head.

 

Wow. Siwon is really handsome. Like, really. Wow.”

 

Ashamed afterward for thinking such thought about the future King, Sooyoung started to fidget in his arms. As if conscience had just hit her, she realized that this was so very wrong! How can the Prince be carrying a commoner like her? Oh no! What if someone sees? What if the Queen knew about this? Worst, the King??

 

Soo, stop moving—Yah!”

 

Because she was struggling so much, and Siwon was paying more attention in trying to keep the young lady from falling off his hands, he didn’t noticed a bunch of props on the ground…

 

CRASH!

 

--

a/n:

Hehe