Time - Our precious pain

Just my snippets
This one was supposed to be written for a giveaway or something like that...I'm not really sure anymore. And this was the prompt:

"How terrible it is to love something, or someone, that death can touch"

But anyways I'm stuck now and can't seem to go on... ;A;

~°~°~°~°~


"I hate you, Lee Sungyeol." He whispers, his vision blurring as the other intertwines their fingers in silence.

Sungyeol's hands are cold and bony and his whole body trembles as he takes a shaky breath.

Somewhere between the angry beating of his heart and the ticking of a clock somewhere (Myungsoo takes note to get rid of the batteries in there too), he hears the airy whisper of his beloved.

"I know, Soo-ah."

It shows how weak the boy has become, so fragile and small and Myungsoo thinks he might choke to death.

~.~.~.~

"Yah, Sungyeol!" Myungsoo pounds angrily against the door of the bathroom, ignoring the pain he's inflicting onto his own fist. "Open the damn door!"

He flinches when the retching sounds start again and pained cries are ripped out of Sungyeol's worn body.

"Sungyeol-ah!" Myungsoo screams, his eyes tearing up again. "Sungyeol-ah, let me in!"

He slams his fists against the door and lets himself fall onto his knees, the word "please" leaving over and over his mouth.

He doesn't know how long he stays like that, listening to those terrible sounds, when he hears the flush of the toilet. And then there's the sound of splashing water and finally there's the long awaited click of the lock being undone.

"Myungsoo." Sungyeol's voice is hoarse, broken even when he calls the other and Myungsoo fears looking up.

~.~.~.~

It's like a slap in the face- no, it's worse. It's much worse, no words could describe that feeling.

"You are kidding, right?" He asks in disbelief, the edges of his mouth lifting up.

Myungsoo sees it all in slow-motion from that moment on. The way Sungyeol's brows furrow as he tries to surpress tears, the clenching of his fists, the stiff movements as the boy takes out the folded paper, which states the impending end of Sungyeol's too short life.

And all Myungsoo can think is, "Why? Why you?"

Sungyeol gives a sad smile and answers in a choked whisper.

"Because I'm awesome like that."

If it was any other situation, Myungsoo would have laughed and hit him lightly over the head for being such a greasy dork, but this isn't any other situation and what would have Myungsoo given for it to be?

"You-" his breath hitches and reaches out, his arms circling around the other's body. He tries to hold the sobs in but it doesn't work as one escapes and makes way for many other to follow.

~.~.~.~END~.~.~.~(not really but...)

 

Things I have to say about this:

  • The title was/is the title from one of my original fics and it just seemed to fit this one so I kind of borrowed-stole it.

Which brings me to the next one.

  • The "Time"  was supposed to be THE major point of the story. I actually wanted to bring in situations in which Myungsoo "gets rid off batteries in clocks" (as written in the first part) or destroys them. In the end I wanted to make the reader understand that Myungsoo doesn't want time to go on- that he wants to stay in the now with his love because he knows that as time goes on he's losing his Sungyeol.
  • Another thing I tried to do was end every part like I did in part 1 and 2:

It shows how weak the boy has become, so fragile and small and Myungsoo thinks he might choke to death. (last line in part 1)

Sungyeol's voice is hoarse, broken even when he calls the other and Myungsoo fears looking up.  (last line in part 2)

But I just didn't know how to do it in part 3 so I wanted to change those sentences too because it would be weird if only those parts ended like that and so on...in the end I kept it the way it was.

So yeah...that's it for this one. :3