You are the one for me

You are the one for me

 

“You have to learn to let go!”

 

He heard his mom’s firm statement.  “I will not,” he answered softly but as firm.  Continuing to pack his clothing, he glanced at his mother again, “I don’t want to choose between you and her but there is no one else for me but her.  I love her, omma.  Can’t you see that?  Don’t you want me to be happy?”

 

His mother’s expression soften when he ended his little speech and approached him, “That is all I have been thinking about, Jiyong ah.  Your happiness.  But it seemed you can’t see it.  Life won’t be easy if you are with her.  I do not want to see you broken and picking up the pieces when she…”

 

“Omma!” He cut her off, “please, don’t go there.”

 

His mother shook her head and single tear crawled down her aged face, “Fine…go.  Go to her but remember, I am not going help you pick up your broken heart when it happened.  You are alone in that.  Just promise me that you will come back to me as my son before all of this happened.  I don’t want to see that side of you.”

 

And with that she left, wiping the tears away.

 

Seeing the back of her mother’s leaving his room, he put the clothes in his hand in the bag and sat down at the edge of his bed.

 

“I know omma…I know how broken you would be to see me in that condition.  And I promise you I will not show that side of me to you, no matter how bad it will be.  She is  everything to me, omma.  My butterfly, my life…”

 

He stayed still for some time until he managed to even his emotions.  Standing up, he turned around to look at his room, zipping up his bag and took it with him as he walked out of the room.

 

…………….. ………….. ……………….

 

He sat at the bench in the park over looking the man made pond beside his beautiful butterfly.

 

“It’s pretty, right?” he asked.

 

Though not receiving any answer, he continued smiling.  He squeezed the hand intertwining with his.  He felt the light squeeze coming from her, making his smile widen.  Turning his head towards her, he asked “Do it again.  I love it when you do that.”

 

Another faint squeeze was felt.  He grinned.  Kwon Jiyong kneeled down in front of the girl.  He hugged her and planted kisses on her forehead, cheeks and lastly a peck on he lips.

 

“Sandara Park, I love you.  If loving and being with you is wrong, I don’t want the right way.  If being with you will be a blur, I don’t want to see clearly,” he said to her, cupping her small face, giving her another set of kisses before continuing, “If being with you I’ll drift away, I’d rather drown as long as I’m with you.”

 

He released her face and picked up her hands, kissed her knuckles and stared lovingly at her.  A smile pasted on his face. 

 

“Let’s go back home,” he said as he stood up and went behind her.  He pushed the only girl in his heart that stayed limp on the wheelchair after her accident 4 months ago as she crossed the road to hurriedly get to him that made her whole body paralyzed.

 

“Remember Dara, you are the only one for me.”