03.|| First Day Of School to New Encounters

Life's a Vanilla Twist [HIATUS]

Such a great morning, since, I convinced Doojoon (MOST LIKELY FORCED), I go and study at his school. Which was great, one of the most prestigious music and arts school in South Korea.

We were in the office (I noticed Doojoon carrying a violin case), I met the administrator/principal, Mr. Han, an elderly man in his late sixties. He's like my deceased grandfather, easygoing - in instance nice and easy to talk and deal with.

He asked, "So miss Park, you were saying you would like to enroll?"

"Yes sir." I replied.

"Well, I'm sorry to say we can't accept late applicants and transferees." He paused. "Unless..." almost in whisper.

"Unless what sir?" I asked.

"From the looks of it, I see you're determined." he smiled, and pointed to the grand piano. "Miss Park, we only accept qualified applicants in the auditions, why not play for me?" He stood up, and sat in his armchair.

I was in a middle of thinking. What will I play?

"Come on now miss Park, don't make an old man like me waiting..."

Sneaky old man! I went to the piano, and before I touched the keys, I hesitated. I stared at him for a minute or so. Our eyes met. I smiled "Please listen carefully sir."

I started, once I touched the keys of a piano, I can't stop myself pouring my emotions onto it. I played Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2.

As I played, something caught my ears, I heard the strings of the violin.  I kept my eyes closed, I was carried away by it.

It was good, I pressed the right notes till the end, and the violin took it's beautiful moment with it's last notes with me. I stood up, the principal, was clapping his hands, "Outstanding! Bravo!" He went over and shook hands with me. "Mr. Yoon, that's very well a good job. First time, first time." He patted his back. "Now off you go you two, go to teacher's office and see Miss Yi for Miss Park's uniform.  

I saw tears in his eyes and a smile in Mr. Han's. Which doesn't makes sense.  "Lead the way Mr. Yoon." And we took our bow and left, I saw a glimpse of him, before the door's closed - crying.

. . . . . 

I know Doojoon played the violin. He was pretty good, he joined me in the middle of the piece. I wish I saw him. "Nice, violin playing." I told him on the way to the office. He just turned his eyes away, "Thanks."

I got my uniform and now, I'm all dressed up. I love this UNIFORMS! So cute. Anyways, I noticed, this academy, is divided. General department and Music department. As far as I know, we're in 'General department'. I wonder why. Doojoon can absolutely afford going in the Music Department (he and his group). I really wonder why? 

"Kim-You -----" 

I interrupted him, "Yah, Doojoon-sshi, stop calling me 'Kim-You'. You sound so informal. But I just wanted to you to call me Yoomi."

"Whatever" He rolled his eyes. He opened the door for me, section A-1.

For we are early, we're not late for class, still twenty minutes left before first period. From what I'm seeing right now, looks kinda fun, but, as soon as Doojoon entered there a squeals of joy -UGH, FANS I GUESS. And silence.

There's no teacher yet, so took an empty seat, beside Doojoon. "Yoomi, sit beside Chaeri, Kikwang sits beside me."

"As you wish, retard!" I took a seat, this girl was looking at me, "Hello there. I'm Im Chaeri." she offered her hand, and shook hands with her. "Nice to meet you, I'm Park Kim-You, call me Yoomi." 

She was gesturing for me lend my ears and I leaned forward and she asked, "Yah, How did you meet Doojoon? Sorry, well as you can see she never brings a girl, if you know what I mean."

I remembered our condition.  "Yeah, I'm his girlfriend."

"OMO! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" She really sound so shocked, everybody is staring at us.

"Chaeri-sshi, keep it low okay!" I hissed.

I looked at Doojoon, he's glaring at me again. 'What are you up to now?!'

I rolled my eyes, 'None of your business.' I stuck my tongue out.

Chaeri, still frozen, but regained from her shock, she went to Doojoon, and in a whispering to him in a quiet low voice.

"Yoomi-ah, come here." He ordered.

"Mianhae Chaeri, I forgot to introduce her to you." he smiled. "This is Yoomi, MY GIRLFRIEND."

My eyes grew big, 'YAH! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING??!' Everybody was staring at us. The girls in the class, have their mouths open. 'What a sight! What's so surprising about it?'  Kinda creepy, 'cause the girls have their eyes shot on me, like I'm a guilty person.  

I try to laugh, but it sounded so dumb. Good thing our homeroom teacher came. 'Whew. that saved me, time sure does fly!'

Everybody stood up - "ANNYEONGHASEYO SEONSAENG-NIM!"

A nice lady, in her twenties. With her hair teid in a bun, and looks like a proffesional, you know what I mean, not just goofy old teacher foolin' around. She called me, I went to the front, I bowed. "Please introduce yourself Miss. "

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Park Kim-You, call me Yoomi. Please take care of me!" I smiled. "Kamsahamnida."

. . . . . 

Throughout fourth period, everything is alright. I met new teachers. Miss Kang - homeroom teacher, and language teacher; Mr. Sung, arithmetic; Miss Bae, our history teacher.

I made a good first impression towards them, and all were pleasant and nice especially Miss Kang and Mr. Sung. The lunch bell rang, and I went with Chaeri and Doojoon atthe cafeteria. At the last table, someone waved at Doojoon, "Hyung!"

"Yoomi-ah, that's our group, let's go there, they wanna meet you." He said without looking at me. 'PSSH, SNOBBY GRUMP.'

We went there and sat, "Hyung, introduce us!" said the shorty who waved at us.

"OKAY OKAY." he said, pointing one by one at them left to right."Dongwoon, Yosoeb, Eunsung, Junhyung meet Park Kim-You. My-- Girlfriend."

I bowed, "Nice to meet you, Junhyung, Hyunseung,Yoseob, and Dongwoon." I looked at them from right to left.

They smiled at me. "Good at names huh? Or you've heard of us before?" Hyunseung, the one with the brown cropped hair asked.

I  replied, "Well, actually I heard once of your band before, but never know your names. Jwesonghamnida."

Someone with a tray wearing nerd glasses came, Doojoon poked my arm, "Yah, That's Lee Kikwang." The guy grinned at me, "Annyeong!"

I bowed, "Call me Yoomi." Im Chaeri helped him put the tray at the table and and sat beside him. 

"Let's eat! I'm Starving!" Yoseob took his food.

 

. . . . .

Three more periods left. 

 

Two hours and thirty minutes passed. At last, 7th period, which Mr. Sung, our music adviser. Since I just came, Chaeri explained their project they're woking on, a showcase.  I suggested my ideas, and everybody even Mr. Sung like it. 

The bell rang, and Mr. Sung called for me, to ran an errand for him. 

I told Doojoon to wait for me at the front, and he just said okay without looking at me.

I went on, across the hallway to the bridge connecting the both departments. I heard voices.

"Soon Jae Min, you're the third class hanging and fooling around with our VP, Lee Jinki." I haughty voice snorted.

I took a peek.

It's ten girls from the Music department, I guess; surrounding a girl from the GeneralDep. OOHH, wait, isn't she in my class?

"Yah! ANSWER ME." She slapped her.

I thought she's gonna slap her back, 'For, I don't want to be involved-'  but instead I only heard a stifle cry.

"Y-yes Choi Eun-Mi-sshi." A quiet answer from Jae Mi.

"Then why are you still doing it?" The girl named Choi Eun-Mi retorted. "You're just wasting your time."

"I li---" Jae Min started.

Choi Eun-Mi, snapped her her fingers. And everybody started to hit her. Now I can't hold back.

I raced towards them, and there just a bunch of weaklings fighting with their fists and fingernails. They don't stand a chance against me. I lifted Jae Min, and from the looks of it, she has scratches and a lump in her forehead. "Yah, you okay?" I grinned, "Nevermind, I guess you're not. Ha-ha."

I stood up, face to face with the Choi Eun-Mi. "So who are you?" she rolled her eyes. Which very much annoyed me.

"Girls like you--- can never know my name." I said flatly.

"Oh, I see." she smiled, an evil smile. "So, you must be the rumored Park Kim-You?"

"Stupid, if you knew, why bother asking?" I ran towards her, with a slap. "Ha, that's a payback, for slapping her, and not letting her finish talking, some third class, dirty attitude."  She tried to hit me, but I'm faster, I caught her arm and did a back-flip. "That will certainly hurt, which she made me do it."  

"Next time you pick a fight, count the numbers." I added.

Her group of girls help her stood up, and she screamed at me, "PARK KIM-YOU! YOU WILL CERTAINLY PAY FOR THIS!!!"

I  helped Jae Min stood up with lifting her arms in my shoulders. I waved at Choi Eun-Mi at my back. Jae-Min looking at the back, "Don't look back, her face is retarded I can't stand it." I told her.

Jae Min went on, with her eyes looking down. "Kamasahamnida Park Kim-You-sshi!" tears staining her cheeks.

I let her sit, "Yah, don't cry. Next time, I'll help you defend yourself! Arasseo?" I beamed.

I handed her tissue, "We're classmates right? So let's be friends!" I offered my hand.

She shook it, with her head still low, she's very timid and shy as you can see. "Call me Yoomi."

"Yes, call me Jae Min." I felt that she's smiling.

"OKAY, gotta go." As my eyes grew wide when I saw the clock.

I ran as fast as I could, hearing an echo, "KAMASAMNIDA YOOOOOOOMI!"

 

. . . . .

I saw Doojoon at the front, alone. It was pretty cold too because of the wind.

I poked him behind his back.

"YAAAH! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG????!" He barked at my face. 'I don't blame him, he's been waiting in the cold'

"Sorry, sorry. I got involved---" I covered my mouth.

"INVOLVED WITH WHAT?!" He asked.

"PSSH, with some MusicDep students. That Choi Eun---" 

"YOOMI, I'm telling you, don't ever get invloved with that girl." His hands in his face.

"WAAEEE?!" a wailed. "She's hurting, one of our classmates, I can't just stand there!"

His face softened. He took my hand. "Let's go, the others are waiting for us, in the cafe."