Impassive

Impassive

 

Heavy alarming beats echo in the drowning white room in such an irritating tone that causes the teenage boy to flinch at the sound as he’s sitting on a small chair right next to the bed where his lover lays.

‘You idiot. Why did you have to convince me to take you along with me?’ ponders the brunette as he locks his warm hand to the blonde’s ice cold one like a missing piece to a puzzle. He tries hard not to make any sudden movement, afraid that he’ll break the smaller, who’s only connection of staying alive is the IV and plastic tubes wrapping around his delicate frame.

The elder tries to recall what happened that caused the couple to end up in such a critical situation. He sighs as he sees the memories flash right through his mind. Memories that he quickly wants to forget.

Each one rolls on as a movie.

The moment when the younger of the two begs the older to ride with him in the car, to having their small but sweet conversation as the elder drove, and finally, the feeling of the two separating as they both felt the sudden crash. At that moment, the brunette saw the flashes of the flames the damaged car and what seemed like a truck that must have crashed the smaller automobile as it was going through the same process, however, the driver who was navigating it was nowhere to be seen. To the teen though, none of those things were to his concern at that moment.

“Ren!!” choked out the elder in a cracked voice as he frantically searched for the blonde boy that meant everything in the world to him.

That’s when he saw the younger and his world came crashing.

He saw the blonde under all the metal wreckage. His small pale face was covered in dark red oozing liquid flowing down. His eyes were closed, signaling that he was unconscious, What frightened the brunette the most was for the fact his lover’s signs of breathing were not shown. His emotional being shattered as he felt the salty liquid cascade from his eyes and broke down, His vision blurred as he kept his eyes locked on the blonde in front of him. He didn’t sense his surroundings or hear the sounds of sirens as he didn’t realize that he out.

Now he opens his eyes, fully understanding what had happened that caused the two teens to fall under such a state.

“I’m so sorry, Ren. It was my fault that you ended up like this,” murmurs the elder as he keeps his eyes lock on the smaller. He began to feel the hot tears flow in his eyes but tries hard not to let them fall, afraid of breaking down in front of his lover.

‘I never wanted this to happen.’

‘I want to see you smile again, to see you alive and well. I don’t want this to be the last time I see you. I’ll end up breaking completely if you slip away from my fingers. I love you, Ren,’ thinks the elder as he can’t hold back any longer and finally lets the tears fall, using his free hand to cover up the small noises that are escaping from his lips.

“J-JR?”

The brunette opens his eyes to the sound of the voice that rings through his ears like a bell of hope. He brings up his head as his tired red eyes meet with the clueless pitch black ones in front of him.

“What happened? Why are you crying?” questions the blonde in a hush tone as he uses his free hand to wipe the remaining tears off of the elder’s face.

“W-we were in a car accident. I thought I was going to lose you,” chokes out JR as he gently hugs the younger, trying not tangle himself around the tubes and hurt his lover. He could tell the blonde is in a lot of pain by seeing Ren wincing at the sudden contact.

“Well that explains the pain…” groans the younger as he uses one of him arms to return the hug.

“Sorry,” mumbles the elder as he pulls away from the contact, receiving a small pout from the blonde and laughs softly him, “But seriously…I really don’t know what I would’ve done if you would’ve not made it.”

“Well at least I’m here now, aren’t I?” questions Ren causing JR to raise an eyebrow in question.

“You sure sound pretty impassive for someone who’s in a worse condition than me,” says the brunette as he grabs a hold of the blonde’s hand, linking them together once again.

“That’s because I don’t really think about the “what if’s”, JR. I only think about being here right now with you,” answers Ren with a small smile, making the  elder return the smile as he presses his lips to the younger’s soft ones. They stay in that position for a while before the two run out of breath and gaze at each other with loving eyes, yearning for one another.

“I love you so much, Ren,” whispers JR as he caresses the blonde’s soft cheek. The younger returns the affection as well with another of his rare smiles appearing, brightening his face with happiness.

“I love you too.”    

 

 

 

--

That's the end of my oneshot!! Dun kill me if I made JR out of character here, it's my first time writing angst and JRen is my 2nd favorite NU'EST pairing next to BaekRen ; w ; Plus, I haven't writing a oneshot since about a few years ago so sorry if it was also rushed. I'll work hard to make better stories and oneshots for you all especially during my summer break in just a few more days. So with that, bye everyone!!