Flowerboy [End]

Flowerboy

 

~

 

Minho sighed deeply.

A delivery boy. That's what he was.

Nothing more than that.

He only delivered the mail by people who needed it or the ones who didn't, threw it away or found mail unnecessary. 

'And that's how it is.'

 

It was a hot Saterday morning and the sun smiled down at the young boy that shoved the post in the letterbox, clearly in deep thoughts when he closed it and turned back to his bike. His thoughts were so deep, that he missed the dog in the garden. The dog was barking as he saw the boy as a burglar, and broke the chain. Minho had no idea what would come when he sat on his bike and gave one last look to the house, getting the biggest surprise of his life.

The dog jumped up and crashed onto his body, making him fell backwards and feel his clothes get ripped off by the dog, as he struggled against the bulldog, but with no use.

“Mucus, come here!” A voice, the rescuer, yelled.

The dog his ears peared up and he stopped abusing Minho. He moved away and walked over to his owner with a wagging tail, amused by the sight of the crawling victim and the compliments he got from his owner. Minho, on the other hand, his clothes flat with a scoff to the dog. He muttered some words in himself and saw the muscular owner of the dog, and sighed.

Minho knew that it was useless to discuss this with a bigger and (even) taller man as him, so he stood up with his bike and went to the next house.

The only thought that left him when he looked back was:

'Why would somebody call his dog mucus?'

 

A few houses later, he reached the last house, before he would go the shops in the mall, and stepped off of his bike.

“Good morning, sir!” He said to the 79 year old Mr. Cho.

The man greeted Minho by the window of the second floor with a wave and a happy call. “Good morning, delivery boy! Nice weather, huh?”

Minho smiled and searched for the mail. “Yeah.. ” and suddenly went in deep thoughts of the call he heard. Yes, he indeed was a delivery boy.

And being that boy wasn't so easy.

On school, everybody knew him as only that and called him everyday by that name. Though Minho was used to it, he still felt the hurtful feeling inside his throbbing heart and never knew why he was such a silent and shy guy, instead of a popular and out-going guy. He wasn't popular, nor was he befriend with someone, because he finds it hard to make friends, especially of his own age. The only one he could talk with was his favorite cousin Jonghyun and sometimes with his cousin's friends, Key and Onew. But that's rare, because he has his family to talk to...

His smile fainted on his face as he shoved the mail into the letterbox. His family. That was something special for him. He wasn't the richest guy in town and that was troublesome for his father, who lost his wife 4 years ago from a disease. The money that he and Minho's big brother made was just enough to survive through the whole month, and to stay living in the tiny appartment.

His father and elder brother were so strong. Therefore, they worked their off every day, and that's where Minho snapped.

'I'll help them. I can work too! Why would I sit still after school, when my homework is done and I have nothing to do? I don't know, there's no reason, but now I have. I will get my lazy off the cough and find some work!'

And there he was, waving up to the old man at the second floor with a proud smile from his decision. 

“Oh, and delivery boy? Minho?” Mr. Cho called.

Minho stopped in his tracks and looked back up. “Hm? Yeah?”

“You may fix your clothes before you go the mall, kid. You still have some marks from that dog, you better get rid of those.”

Minho frowned from the words and gave a look down at his ripped delivery vest. His vest looked officaly dead to him and ripped apart, which made him chuckle and thank the nice man with a bow, before taking the vest off and drop it in one of the bags.

 

He went on his bike for his next location.

It was the popularest flower shop in town called Gracia, making him sigh. He liked flowers, really. He just wasn't so nice towards the owner of the shop, Mr Lee, for the first time and still was awkward around that man. Though that man was handsome for his age and very caring, Minho couldn't help but think back of the clumsy accident and blush.

Slowly, he stepped off of his bike and looked up at a few girls that passed him by.  They blushed and whispered things as: 'he's so handsome' , 'I wonder if he's dating someone' and 'he's so cool.', making Minho cough loudly. He gave them a quick glare and the girls jumped up in surprise and from excitement, they quickly left with more giggles and blushing towards him.

The brown haired male scratched the back of his head and shook his head.

He bit his lip. Yes, he knew he was handsome and good looking. He found it hard to believe, because he wore nothing more than any other guy did: jeans, sneakers and a T-shirt.

But that wasn't the reason. Though the clothes looked perfect on him, he wasn't.. ugly. Not at all. His big eyes with brown orbs, his pale skin, full lips, brown messy hair and muscular body made every girl that passed him by look at him, interested or even hungrily, and even some boys did it sometimes out of jealousy. He had everything that a girl wanted and a guy craved for.

But Minho had nothing with those gazes and compliments. He wasn't interested and mostly ignored it completley. He just wasn't ready for a relationship yet. He's someone who believed in 'the one' that would come one day, and he would wait for that person, which he still does. That's all.

'And that person exists. I just know it.'

Humming his favorite song, he grabbed the mail and looked up to the big written letters with paint. Gracia. A beautiful name for a beautiful shop. His gaze fell of the plate towards the desk in the shop, and noticed an unknown boy behind the counter with Mr. Lee, having a conversation that was deep enough to make the frozen Minho outside the shop unnoticed.

Until he became noticed.

His hands opened without wanting him to, and the mail fell and scattered on the ground. The sound echood through the mall and Minho quickly kneeled down to grab it together, staring blankly at the mail and the ground, feeling slightly embaressed to stare so intense at someone so unknown, yet so beatiful to see. Hell, did he already realized the beautiful creature was a guy?

“Hey.” A voice above him said, sounding angelic and happy. “You need a hand?”

Minho gulped. That was NOT Mr. Lee's voice, and he knew it.

Carefully, he looked up at the unknown boy he just saw, and suddenly went nervous enough to go turn back to the ground and grab the things together on the ground, now faster and clumsier than before, as he shook his head. “Aniyo, I'm fine.”

Minho stood up from the ground and dared to look up into the boy his face, which was the worst mistake he could do and froze again from the boy's beauty. Brown eyes, sparkling beautifully, perfectly light brown hair with bangs, plump lips, a normal and cute nose with as a finishing touch, a nice, but adorable smile. Minho had no idea how long it took him to admire the gorgeous male and to stare back into those orbs, until he coughed and held his arms up.

“H-here.” He gave the mail to the boy and saw the smile that brought him off guard. “Thanks.”

But Minho wasn't himself anymore. With a nod and a bow, he ran over to his bike, jumped on it and started to race, as fast as he could, to the next shop. Such in a rush, he missed the calls of boy at the flowershop, and only had óne mission. To get rid of his fastened heartbeat. As soon as possible!

After going into the mall and arrive at the next shop, he panted a few seconds and then groaned from his stupidity.

'Why did I had to stutter? Aargh!!'

Minho sighed. 'All that he is, is a boy that works in the flower shop.'

He nodded to himself. 'A normal and simple flowerboy.'

'But then, why am I so thrilled to see him again?'

 

~

 

All the time, the unknown flowerboy was the main subject in Minho's mind. Different questions came up in his mind.

'What is his name? Why is he so unknown to me? I know every co-worker in those shops so is he new, or is he working there for a while now? Is he single? Does he have friends? Would he remind me?'

The hope Minho felt, soon erased from the last question as he shook his head. There was a slight chance that a boy would do that. They had met a few seconds.

It meant nothing. And so will it be.

Minho sighed at the dinner table that evening. He wasn't ready to tell his family about the boy. In case you've missed it: Minho knew pretty well what the feelings meant when he saw that boy. His mind went cloudy and confused from the realisation.

He sighed again, and catched his father's attention. “Minho? Is something wrong?”

“Oh. Uh, nothing. It's just... Another dog ripped my vest to death today.”

He certainly wasn't ready to tell his family. Yet.

 

~

 

Monday came, and so did noon. 

The first meeting between them didn't went well, and Minho knew that. So he wouldn't screw it up again. He stayed calm and his true self, the whole time. Strong and prepared to meet the boy again, he reached the street and jumped from his bike. He quickly changed himself, back to his cool self, made the mail ready and checked his hair and clothes for the last time in the reflection of the glass in an other shop. Nerves and excitement were the top emotions in his body and his mind fist pumped in the air.

'It's now, or nothing. Go, frog, GO! FIGHTING!'

And he turned around the corner, walking in a normal rhythm and with a strong look, as he stepped inside the shop.

Immediately, he noticed the gaze of the boy on him, standing by some roses and tried his best to stay himself. The flowerboy smiled to him and went towards him. Minho froze with a gulp, and saw the flowerboy bow.

“Welcome to Gracia. Can I help you with something?” The boy asked nicely, looking up with a curious look.

“Uh.. Yeah. Where's Mr. Lee?”  'Yes, good. No stutter this time, ha!'

The flowerboy looked surprised. “Who? ... Dad?”

“Yes. I mean— Wait, what?” Minho gasped. “He's your dad?!”

The flowerboy nodded. “My father's the manager of this shop. He really likes flowers. I'm allergic to them, but I grew to have a passion for them. Now that I have my medicine, I can stand here and work with him, and fully enjoy the smell and colors of them. And also.. spend some more time with him.”

The boy teared his gaze away to some big yellow flowers next to him, smiling through his tears and grabbed one of them. He gave a sniff.

Minho was taken back. The nerves were completley fanished from the sight.

“So, even though you wanted the flowers around you, you never could do that,..”

“..because I'm allergic. Yes.”

A short silence followed and stayed. Minho sighed, when the flowerboy chewed his bottom lip.

“I'm sorry.” 

“Oh no, it's okay!” The flowerboy said with a smile, looking back at the elder man. “You don't have to apologize for anything, you know.”

Minho scratched the back of his head and then laughed. “You're right. I just felt along with you, that's all.” He gave a slight smile and his heart stopped from the question he asked. “Hey, what's your name?”

“My name is Taemin.” A tear fell from the corner of the flowerboy's eyes. His smile was stunning and beatiful, and Minho greeted also while shaking the other's hand.

“Hi. I'm Minho.”

The contact between the two seemed to make then shiver, and they pulled back immediately. Minho showed his other arm and gave a smile. “Here, the mail. I can't stay here for long, 'cause I've got enough shops to do before dinner time.” 

The big eyed male gave it to the adorable flowerboy, that took it, placed it on the counter and sniffed. Missing Mr. Lee peeking at them, Minho bowed towards Taemin, said goobye and turned around to walk away. Only to hear Taemin's voice again, calling him back.

“Minho?”

Minho turned back towards the breathtaking creature.

“Will we meet again?”

A light of hope in the eyes of Taemin, made Minho nod slowly.

“Yes, we will. If we both want that, then.. we will. It was nice meeting you, Taemin.”

Minho gave one last smile and then left the shop to his bike, not regretting one move he did or said at that moment. The elder drove away. In the mean time, Taemin's smile couldn't get any brighter, and saw his father standing there, in the corning of the shop, with his arms folded. Mr. Lee's face was serious and straight. But in the inside, he couldn't get any happier. He knew the signs he saw. He knew what the relationship would be in the end.

So all that he did after a few seconds, was a thumb up. An encouraging thumb up.

 

~

 

Flowers.

Taemin loved flowers dearly.

He also loved his father dearly, because he had been the one that gave Taemin the freedom and the support that he wished for. That's what his mother did too, before she died. But that's something he has to think often, or he would cry everytime he would see her in his memories. But his thoughts weren't at his work, his flowers or his mother. His mind was on Minho. The delivery guy he had met.

Taemin knew nothing of Minho, only that he had brown curly hair, big eyes, a sharp jawline and a serious face with a shining smile. Oh, and the thing that his father told him.

“Are you still there, Taemin? Tae? Geez, this is, what- the 4th time that I call you and you're far away? That delivery boy is really something, isn't he? But you know what. He was the one that almost ruined the whole shop, bringing his mail for the first time, caused by his shoelaces.”

Taemin laughed and helped his dad with cooking the dinner. As he worked, his father kept staring at his beloved son and sighed. “You really like that guy, don't you?”

A blush came up and Taemin turned his head, but his dad saw the blush already and chuckled. “You don't have to worry. I don't mind you for being gay. But become friends with him first, okay? He seems like a nice, strong and healthy guy to me.”

 

~

 

And so, they met again. It was the third time, and the meeting was more comfortable than the previous ones.

Taemin was more than happy with the reaction of his father and came up with something, that his father agreed on, too. Minho stepped inside the shop, on the Saturday morning, and waved to the flowerboy. Taemin gave the same signals back and walked over to Minho. The two stopped in front of each other, forgetting the world around them. Mr. Lee snikered and helped the other customers, just to give the boys some privacy.

The elder smiled and showed the letters. “Here I am again, with the same, old routine.”

Taemin reached for the mail and gave the same smile back when he placed it on the counter. “As usual. Thanks!”

It then went silent as they gazed into each others eyes, the customers passing by without seeing them or looking for a few seconds and then back to the flowers, as Minho chuckled.

“You see? We met again.”

“Yes. We did.”  

Minho spotted the adorable smile from the flowerboy and, ignoring his fastened heartbeat and troubling mind that went insane with thoughts, he managed to smile along. The two stayed smiling to each other, both being in their own world with facing the other, as the flowerboy finally spoke again.

It were a few words in a short sentence. But it was enough for Minho to step back.

“Do you want to go to the Flower parade with me?” 

The elder blinked his eyes. His heart bounced around in his chest and his stomach was full with butterflies. 'Is he.. asking me out?' Not that Minho minded though. He just needed to be sure of it.

“You mean, as a date?”

“Yes. It starts at 4 o'clock by the Bakery Street. It's for free, but if you don't have time or don't want to go with me—”

“Okay.”

Taemin froze. “Huh?”

“It sounds nice. I'll come.”

“REALLY?!”

The customers frowned over to the adorble boy that blushed a deep red and bowed as an apologize to the others. They quickly nodded, ignored it or went back to whatever they were doing, which made Taemin bounce up and down on his place. “That's awesome!”

A chuckle left Minho's lips. “Yeah. I'll see you there, then.”

“See you there!” Taemin said happily with the biggest smile as Minho walked away and waved a goodbye, before dissapearing to the next shop.

 

~

 

The clock showed 15:45 on the Sunday noon and Minho was ready to leave the house. With a lame excuse, he left the house, walking on a slow tempo towards the Bakery Street where the Flower Parade was held.

With his hands in his pockets, he saw that it soon would start and went to look for Taemin. In his normal jeans, blue colored T-shirt and neatly hair, well, a little messy as well, he crossed the street to the beginning of the Bakery Street, as the music started to play. His eyes wondered around and before he knew it, he found the brown haired boy in the audience.

Finding more joy instead of nerves in his body, he tabbed Taemin's shoulder and flashed a smile to the youngster that turned around, being more than happy to see the handsome male in front of him. To excited, Taemin jumped into Minho's arms for a quick hug. “Minho, you're here!”

Minho coughed after the hug, and also chuckled. “What, you thought I wouldn't come?” Which Taemin nodded at. “Maybe, you wouldn't come and see it as a joke, or anything like that.”

Hearing how unsure he was, Minho grabbed Taemin's back and turned to the parade, ruffling the boy's hair in comfort. Just then, the first vehicle past them by and Taemin shouted his lungs out. “Whooaaa, daisies! Amazing! They're- OOOH! Minho, look! The next one has sunflowers!”

Clapping with everyone else, the two enjoyed their time with watching the colorful machines and stealing glances at each other. When another machine showed up and Taemin pointed to it, Minho took the time to admire the mushroom cut that shone so bright and the perfection of the boy in general. He moved over to the lips, making him his own lips without noticing it.

“Whoa, that was amazing! I can't believe there is so much more to c- Hey, Minho hyung? Hello?” Taemin waved, giving an innocent and curious look.

Minho snapped out of his trance. “Oh, I'm sorry. I was spacing out. It's just that, I really like what you're wearing today, Taemin.”

Taemin looked down at his clothes, that were just the normal ones he wore in school, and smiled. “Thanks. I really like yours to. You look handsome today, Minho hyung.”

The flowerboy gazed up from the ground into Minho's eyes again, not noticing that Minho was frozen and staring deeply in trance, missing the word 'hyung' Taemin used by his name and the compliment he got.

Before the boys could blink, the last machine had past them and the happy crowd left while chatting and laughing loudly, leaving the two of them in comfortable silence. Minho, having a small plan in his mind, took Taemin's hand and moved away from the spot they stood. “Where are we going?” Taemin asked, blushing a bit.

“You will see.” Was the only answer he got.

Taemin giggled from the behaviour, finding it cute and romantic and waited. He just did. The sooner or later, Taemin saw a cute cafe that caught his eye and feeling it immediately, Minho stopped in front of it and smiled. “I guess a drink can't hurt?”

“No, not at all.”

“Good. Follow me, then.” Minho said as he opened the door. “Cuties first.”

Oh, how Taemin hated to be called that way.

But because it was Minho, he thought of something.

“Well, thank you, mister Frog.” He bowed back and ran like an excited child into the café, glancing behind his back to see Minho laughing and following him to the counter.

The two ordered both a cup of tea with strawberry flavor and they started to chat. They both felt more comfortable towards each other and seem to talk openly. Minho admired Taemin with his innocent signs he gave, and smiled when Taemin chuckled and placed his hand in front of his mouth.

'Cute.'

Minho then spoke about his family and how he lived. He even told about his school and what his dream was to become. A football player. He took a sip from his tea and as Taemin did the same, he secretley admired Minho's appearance, finding it hard to believe that the boy was unknown to his school. He would be a good jock or the best football player there. Taemin wouldn't doubt that. He would get every girl-...

Taemin blinked his eyes and shook the thoughts away. That's where he heard the deep voice saying something.

“It's nice to know you better, Taeminnie.” Minho concluded when he finished his tea. “I really love to know that you cherish bananas, tea and mostly flowers. It's so wonderful to see your eyes sparkle when you talk about dancing on every random song.”

Taemin became red immediately and all giggly. “Minho hyung, stop complimenting me, it's making me—”

“I just want to say that.. You're an amazing person, Taemin. Don't you ever forget that.”

Taemin's heartbeat stopped as that was the top compliment of the evening and he swallowed hard to hold in the tears of happiness. He bowed to his elder and tried to hide his blushing face by covering it with his hands, making Minho throw his head back and laugh loudly.

“Ah Taemin-ah. You're just to cute.”

 

A few hours later, it went 7 P.M. and the sun was starting to shine less. A red glow reached the sky and Minho sighed. There was just one last thing that he wanted to do with Taemin to end their first date. When Taemin was done with the talking and Minho suggested to leave and follow him, they left the cafe (of course, they paid) and they walked together to the next location.

Just for fun, Minho placed his hand over Taemin's eyes and a few seconds later, he was on the hill that he imagined. “We're here, Taemin. Open you eyes.” And Minho placed his hand off as Taemin opened them, only to gasp and look around.

They were standing on a hill with every kind of flower around them, and the sun setting in front of them in the distance, being a romantic place to be at.

“Since I knew you loved flowers the most, especially white roses, I choose this place. What do you think of it?” Minho asked, hoping op a good answer. Which was correct.

“M-Minho.” It was now Taemin's time to stutter. “I-I really.. I'm speechless. I mean, look at this. All of this. It's wonderful!”

Minho smiled when he saw Taemin's smile and a warmth in his heart, swelling up by every bounce it made, and knew that this was the perfect place to be. Romanticly, Minho escorted the younger to the edge and they both sat down at the same time, cuddling closer as the sun went down.  They looked like a real couple already and weren't afraid to touch the other without feeling ashamed or embaressed.

Minho sighed from the happiness inside him. His left arm was around Taemin's back, as Taemin's head laid on his chest and sniffed Minho's sent so now and then in. He placed his nose in the brown hair and sniffed, smelling shampoo and freshness.

“Thank you for being here with me.” Taemin softly spoke, still leaning on Minho. “I had a great time.”

“Yeah, me too.” Minho agreed. “I never thought it would end like this, actually.”

Taemin's body tensed a bit. “Huh? What do you mean?”

“Well...” Minho sighed. “I'm not the type of guy that does this stuff so easily, because I'm to shy and not open at all, especially in touching people and look at me now. I told you more than I actually had planned to do and I'm hugging you like a treasure that I never want to loose.”

Taemin came up from leaning on the charisma male and titled his head. “But that's good! You can see it as a.. progress, right?”

Minho nodded. “You can see it that way.” His gaze shifted away from the distance to the sparkling orbs. “But there's a reason for it.”

The wind blew through their hair and the flowers moved to one sight, as the two drowned into the other's gaze. Everything in his head was a mess and seemed to do 1 thing. Just 1 thing. That Minho couldn't take anymore.

Softly, he placed his hand underneath the younger's right cheek and wasn't to blown away to think straight and to do everything in slow motion.

Instead, he went forward, closed his eyes and kissed the flowerboy gently.

Their world stood still.

Their lips moved in the same rhythm.

And the fireworks were everywhere.

Taemin was frozen with his eyes widened. Was this truly happening to him? It's so.. good..

Quickly, he gave in and melted in the kiss, placing his arms around the elder's neck.

Minho, in the mean time, was in heaven. He couldn't feel more than full, now that he was in love and gave his first kiss away to the right one. Yes, the one. Before thinking more, he broke the passionate kiss, giving a short peck with love, and opened his eyes for halve, seeing that Taemin did the same. Both having cloudy minds, they stayed a few centimeters away from each other, when Taemin gave a slight smile.

His whispering voice was on the verge of cracking with emotions.

“I guess you really are the one.”

And that was enough for Minho to hear, and brushed their noses together, kissing the boy oh so passionately again.

 

'All that he is, is a boy that works in the flower shop. A normal and simple flowerboy.

And that flowerboy, is mine.'

 

THE END.

 

~

FINALLY. My first 2min one-shot is done. :P i tried my best and this is the result. Thanks for waiting for long and for subscribing this and all. Thanks for reading. I would love to read what you thought of it.

Any tips or advice for me? Let me hear it. :) I want to hear it. See you later by the next 2min one-shot or story.

Love from Dalliance.