Final

Sleep Tight, My Baby

She had been tossing and turning on their bed for countless times with eyes wide opened, occasionally making the bed posts creak. On those moments, she would freeze for a few seconds, then went back to tossing and turning when she was certain her lover beside her was still fast asleep. She did weigh the chances of waking Kyungsoo up to accompany her, but then she decided to it up and let him sleep peacefully. Kyungsoo had been suffering from lack of sleep due to his college projects and tests, so she didn't want to be more of a burden to him.

After the umpteenth time of her attempt to find comfort and somewhat sleepiness, her mind started wandering irrationally. Being in the dark with complete silence kind of scared her. Somehow the creepy scenes of a horror movie she had watched the day before with her friends started flashing in her mind every now and then.

"It's just your imagination. It's just your imagination," She chanted quietly, but was cut with a surprised gasp when a stray cat managed to pass by their window pane. It really gave her the shock of her life.

Her heartbeat drastically sped up and she grew more terrified as seconds passed by. I'm sorry, Kyungsoo, she bit her lip in remorse before she did what she had promised herself she wouldn't do.

"Kyungsoo-yah." She whispered in his ear, feeling grateful and guilty in the same time when he seemed to stir in his slumber. "Do Kyungsoo.." She whispered again, this time shaking his shoulder gently. Finally his eyelids fluttered open, and he didn't look happy.

"What?" He asked her in his raspy voice, but it came out harsher than what he intended it to be.

"I'm really sorry for waking you up, but I can't.... sleep." His eyes softened when he saw her posture, fiddling with her fingers with her head hung low like a little kid caught red-handed. But he decided to stick to his grumpy self  for a bit longer to .

"So?"

"Can you... stay awake for a bit with me?" Her voice was lowering in volume after each words. Please don't be angry.

"It's okay if you don't want to," She added quickly, "oh what the hell was I thinking. Just go back to sleep, I'm sorry." She dove her body deeper into the duvet, back facing him. Then it was his turn to feel guilty, "Hey, hey, I'm sorry. I'm not mad, I was joking." he poked her back a few times.

She slowly turned to face him, "Really?"

The faint ray from the street lights that seeped through the cracks of their curtain made her eyes that were slightly glistened with tears apparent to him. He couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. "Really." He scooped his girlfriend with his strong arms, seating her down in between his legs.

"Why can't you sleep?" He asked as soon as her back laid calmly on his chest.

She sighed, "I don't know. I just can't." He laughed, he wasn't quite sure why he did however. Maybe the vibe of innocence lacing her answer was the cause.

"Should we watch a movie? A super boring one. Maybe you'll get sleepy by then." He left the bed as he suggested to her, starting to rack their shelf near the TV to look for some historical kind of movie. She only shrugged, "If you think that'll work."

He came back to the bed with a DVD remote in hand. He sat on his former position, hugging her waist with an arm and pressing the play button with the other hand. Five minutes after the story began, he yawned, but she remained unfazed.

He wasn't focused on the movie at all, instead he was stealing glances at his lover. She seemed to be absorbed in the storyline, making him feel quite.. abandoned. He began to trail kisses on her neck, blowing hot air on her earlobe. She ignored his deeds, which made him frown. He then said her name breathily into her ear a couple of times and he laughed when she shuddered. "Stop it. I'm trying to focus on the movie," She hissed. He raised a brow, "It was supposed to make you sleepy, not even more tensed."

"Oh," his words clicked in her head, "you're right."

He shook his head at her, amused. "You remind me of Yixing hyung sometimes." She elbowed his ribs rather hard, making him groan in pain. She then felt sorry and rubbed the area where she elbowed him to lessen the pain.

"So plan A doesn't work." He turned off the DVD and the TV, "then we need to launch plan B. Wait here." He got off the bed again and went out of the room quickly, leaving her dumbfounded. I don't know he had planned a lot to anticipate such thing.

Not long after, he dashed into the room, carrying something that immediately caught her eyes.

"What's that?"

"A glass of Do Kyungsoo's warm milk!" He said chirpily, but then his eyes widened like saucers when he realized what he had said, "Wait a minute. That sounds terribly wrong. Scratch my name, scratch my name." She laughed heartily at his priceless expression. "I wasn't even thinking about that, ert." He only grinned in response.

The glass was placed in between her hands, and she smiled upon the warm feeling on her skin. "Drink it," he ordered. She gulped the content greedily. The fact that she loved milk helped her to empty the glass in no time. He smiled when he saw some drops of milk stained her lips and she didn't seem to be aware of it.

"What are you looking at?" She inquired warily, subconsiously moving her body backwards when he leant his head down towards her face.

"You didn't leave me some," he pecked her lips then his tongue darted out to the drops of milk, "so I might as well get it myself."

She snapped out of her daze and began to mercilessly swat his body parts at each stressed words, "You. Crazy. Stupid. Freaking. ert!" It was rather dark, but Kyungsoo could still see a tint of red colouring her cheeks. The smile stretching on his lips was so wide that it started to hurt.

He removed the glass from her hands, then put it down on the night stand. He went back to the bed straightly after.

"Sleepy now?" He rested his chin on her shoulder, gently swaying their upper bodies left and right.

"Not," she yawned, "quite."

He kissed her cheek softly, "Seems like my plan is slowly working." She only nodded in agreement with her eyes closed, nuzzling her head deeper to the crook of his neck, hugging his arm that was circling her waist. She had to admit his steady heartbeat acted as a makeshift lullaby for her.

"Do you want me to sing for you?"

"Yes." Here comes the real lullaby.

Neoui sesangeuro yeorin barameul tago
Ne gyeoteuro eodieseo wannyago
Haemarkge mutneun nege bimirira malhaesseo
Manyang idaero hamkke georeumyeon

He kissed the crown of her head,


Eodideun cheongugilteni

He found her breathing evenly on his chest when he had finished the verse. A genuine smile formed on his lips when he pulled the duvet to wrap it tighter around their bodies.

"Babe." He jolted when he heard her voice. Thinking she was just sleep talking, he didn't respond but waited for her if she would continue.

"Babe, will you sing me the full song first thing tomorrow morning?" She spoke with such light voice that it barely reached his ears. He was then certain that she was speaking to him. "Yes. Now sleep before the effect from my voice wears off." She was in a half-sleeping state or else she would scoff at his obnoxious statement.

"Can we do this every night?" She shifted her position so she was facing the other side of the room, only to make herself comfortable, "cuddling, I mean."

He laughed at her question and gave her a nice goodnight kiss on her forehead instead of saying anything. She whined in his grip, definitely not going to sleep before he answered her question.

He sighed, tightening his hug around her.

"Absolutely yes."

_____________________________________________

/facepalming because this .

Angsty Chanyeol coming up next. Maybe.