Chapter 5

Watch Out, Man

a few months later

Things have reached some normalcy since those crazy few days. Heecheol is still the same Heecheol, but I feel like our relationship has really gotten stronger. Taehun, from what I've noticed, hasn't been overly friendly since that night and it seems like all the other members have made a mental note about trying to snag Heecheol's girl.

As for me, I've had a few things to worry about with school and I haven't been able to visit Heecheol or the boys much because of it. Heecheol has never missed an opportunity to call me and distract me from my studies. I graduate from university in a few days and I have an trying to mentally prepare myself for what is to come when my idol boyfriend and his idol group members show up at the ceremony. 

"Jaygia, don't you trust me? I promise I won't embarres you." Heecheol had told me the last time we talked on the phone.

"Oppa, I'm not worried about you embarrassing me. I'm worried about you guys drawing attention to yourselves." I sighed. "If it was just you showing up, I wouldn't be at as much. But all nine of you are making an appeance. There is no way for you guys to blend in, especially Kwanghee or Hyungshik or even Siwan. They've become so popular."

"So what you are saying is you're embarrassed about us being there because we're idols." I couldn't tell if I heard a chuckle from Heecheol or not.

"Oppa, don't get me wrong. I'd be really happy if you guys were able to make it to my graduation. I just don't want the attention to be torn away from the students graduating. They've all worked so hard for this day." I sighed.

"Have faith in us, Soonbok. And don't forget, you're celebrating with us afterwards. There's a surprise and I really think you'll like it."

I wasn't really the type of person who likes surprises. I'd rather know what to expect so I could prepare myself. And especially if Heecheol came up with the surprise, I had no chance in figuring out what he had up his sleeve.

Graduation day had finally arrived and my parents had come to drive with me to the ceremony. They have never officially met Heecheol before so today would be their first meeting. This made me even more anxious. I knew my parents would like Heecheol. From what I've told them about him already, they have approved of him so far.

We arrived at the venue were the graduation ceremony was going to be held. I was graduating with a large class, so I wasn't surprised seeing a huge group of people standing around outside. Some were taking pictures already, others were just mingling.

"Mom. Dad. Can you wait here while I find the boys?" I asked my parents as I was scanning the crowd for ZE:A.

"I think I've already found them." My father chuckled and the way he said it made me turn around in fear, thinking they were surrounded by fans.

When I spotted them, they were politely working their way through the sea of people, unnoticed none the less. They were all dressed so handsomely and wore bright smiles as they spotted me and my parents.

"Soonbok!" Minwoo embraced me. "Congratulations!"

Siwan patted my shoulder. "We are all so proud of you."

Junyoung bowed politely towards my parents, causing the other members to follow suit. "Anyeonghasaeyo. We are ZE:A. Nice to finally meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet you boys as well. We hear so many good things about you." My mother smiled brightly.

Heecheol stepped forward and held out his hand to my father. "Hello sir, I am Jung Heecheol, who is dating your daughter."

My father shook his hand. "Ah, so you are the strapping young man that had our daughter's heart."

"DAD!" I should have been more worried about my parents embarrassing me. "We should all head inside now. The ceremony will start soon."

It seemed like it took forever for the ceremony to finish. When it was finally over, Heecheol had given my parents directions to the place where he had planned for all of us to celebrate, promising them we would take pictures there. We pulled up to a nice restaurant that seemed to be closed because there was no one inside besides the ZE:A members, my parents, and me.

"What do you think?" Heecheol asked me, putting his arm around my waist.

"Did you rent out this whole restaurant?" I asked him.

He nodded. "But that's not the surprise. Do you want to save the surprise for after dinner or dessert?"

I glared at him. "Why can't I just have the surprise now?"

"Because we need a proper audience." He pointed out that all of the members and my parents were talking amongst themselves and I assumed this meant Heecheol wanted them to watch as I recieved my surprise.

Everyone sat down at the large table that was set up so beautifully for us. Dongjun decided it would be fun to share stories about me while we ate our food. My parents also thought this was a good idea and I found myself wanting to hide under the table. I felt Heecheol grab my hand reassuringly and he rubbed his thumb along the back of my hand, like I would usually do to him.

After everyone had finished their meals, Heecheol stood up, still holding onto my hand.

"I think low is the perfect time for me to give Soonbok her surprise." He pulled me to my feet and brought us away from the table so everyone could see us. "Soonbok, I am so proud of you. I feel so lucky to have a wonderful girlfriend like you. You have put up with me and my habits and, even when you didn't want to,  you still tried your best to make me happy. Well now I want to return the favor." I didn't know what to expect when he reached into his pocket and I lost all trains of thought when Heecheol got down on one knee. "Last month, I stole your parents phone number from your phone and asked for their permission. I am so thankful to them for giving me the opportunity to ask you." By now tears were in my eyes and I couldn't really see Heecheol as he opened the small jewelry box in his hand. "Soonbok, will you marry me?"

I looked over at my beaming parents and the overly excited ZE:A members before looking back at Heecheol, the man I loved. I opened my mouth try and say yes but all I could so was nod my head. It must have been a good enough answer because Heecheol had placed the engagement ring on my finger and placed a hard yet passionate kiss on my lips.

Everyone cheered for us and congratulated us. I began to cry even more hasTaehun walked over and gave me a hug.

"You couldn't have found a better man." He whispered in my ear.

Heecheol patted Taehun's shoulder before hugging him.

And this is were, I guess you can insert your typical happily ever after ending. Even though Heecheol is busy with ZE:A and we have our hard times, by the end of the day something reminds us how much we love each other. From the side lines, I am their number one fan and first  ZE:A wife. Who knows, maybe even soon there will be ZE:A's first little baby fan. Ha ha. 

 

FIN

 

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this story. I' sorry it took me so long to finish it. Hopefully I will be able to update and finish my other stories as well. Thank you for reading :))