FEW MONTHS LATER (2)

LOVE before LIFE

HAESHA’S POV

After the day Donghae confessed to me, he didn’t bring up the topic anymore instead he was being rather friendly and helpful. Every time if I were to encounter any scene with Hyukjae he would interfere and help me out. Recently I can’t help to think more about him than Hyuk. Of course it hurt me when Hyuk left me and betrayed me but the suffocating pain wasn’t there anymore. Every time I look at him in the past my eyes will well up tears but now it just became my past coz Hae is always there if something happens even if it’s a slight problem. I guess I’m lucky to have a friend like him. Sometimes I can even see him trying to impress me which will go bad and we would end up laughing together. There were times I feel like someone’s watching us but I couldn’t care to bother much about that coz it’s just so easy to be comfortable around Hae.

Now I’m currently in my room when I heard a crashing sound from Hyuk’s room.

“what the...” with that I ran to his room before I could go in I heard him shouting to someone.

“mom I told you I’ll leave her and why are you making it harder than it already is! I told you I’ll leave her! I told you I’ll marry Ji Eun! I’m doing all this so you’ll let her go! I’m not doing this for you at all! I’m doing this for her! then why are you keep insisting for me to fire her! why do you want to hurt her so much! What wrong did she do to you! The only mistake she did so far is loving ME!!! If you keep torturing me like this I’ll kill myself in order to protect her! I swear I won’t hesitate to do so!” I heard him.

What!? he did all this so he can protect me? Is he an idiot or what? It would have been better if he told me about this and we could have thought of something together, right? I don’t know what happen and why but I’m already in tears. He went through so much pain just to protect me. What he did was all an act despite the fact that he truly loved me. Oh god! What am I suppose to do now? I was still crying I don’t know whether I should encounter him or not but then I remember the crash so I did go into his room to check whether he got hurt or not. When I open the door I saw him kneeling near his desk clutching on his phone and crying his heart out too. So he must have been on his phone with his mom. His other hand was obviously injured by the broken glass.

“Hyukjae-ssi?” I called him after wiping my tears and he knows it’s me so he quickly turned to the other side wiping off his tears.

“neh. What you want?” he asked coldly and I chuckled.

“no I don’t want anything from you. I came coz I heard a breaking sound. So as usual you need to let me treat your wound.” I answered him rather calmly and he looked at me with an unreadable expression.

Then I help him stand and ask him to sit at the sofa while I went to get the first aid kit. Then I help him remove the tiny glasses from his wound and he hissed in pain. “just hold on. It’ll feel better soon.” He didn’t say anything but just nod. I finished cleaning his wound and bandage his hand. Unconsciously a tear fell on his bandage.

“Haesha-yah? Are you crying?” he asked.

“what does it look like?” I asked back.

“Are you an idiot? Don’t answer that coz you’re seriously an idiot. Should I say born idiot. Huh! who do you think you are? God? In case you don’t realize I’m a grown up, I can take of myself just well. I don’t need you to protect me like that. You should have told me first before you decide everything on your own Hyuk. We could have thought of something without hurting both of us. Worse to worse you didn’t have to use our love to protect me. Love is about two hearts not one heart trying to kill the other in the name of protection. Although it was all an act to protect me you had no idea how hurt I was. Now the only feel I have towards you is numbness.” I said and he looked stunned for a moment with my words.

“what’s going on here?” suddenly Donghae asked opening the door and I let go Hyuk’s hand.

“umm Donghae-ah it’s umm I...his hand...” damn I don’t know why I’m stuttering. But I seriously don’t want Hae to misunderstand me. But why?

Hyuk chuckled. “what are you smiling about?” Hae asked Hyuk and I just glare at him. What the hell is he smiling about??

“nothing. My hand got hurt and she helped.” Hyuk told Hae and I nod.

“really? Why are you always getting hurt?” Hae asked in return.

“couldn’t help it, I guess.” Hyuk said looking at his bandage.

“oh Haesha-ah?” Hae turn to me.

“Neh.” I smiled.

“can you leave us alone?” he asked me.

“oh ok. Sure.” I say and stood up, bow and left the room.

 

HYUKJAE’S POV

I keep smiling and Hae gave me a weird look.

“what?” I asked him.

“why are you keep smiling?” he asked back.

“simply.”I answered still smiling. “she loves you.” I blurted out.

“what!?” he response rather shockly.

“she loves you.” I repeat my words.

“how you know that? She told you?” he asked me.

“hmm no but I loved her before you so I know my girlfriend and how she reacts to the ones she loves.” I explained.

“ex-girlfriend.” He corrected me.

“yeah ex. Usually she gets nervous around people she love. I can see her getting nervous. She’s afraid that you might misunderstand her with me.” I continued.

“why?” he ask me again.

“I told you idiot. She loves you. Finally she gets to move on. Thanks to you.” I smile to him. Although the fact that she moved on hurts me a little but I’m happy for her coz she definitely deserve better.

“you’re ok with that?” he hesitated while asking me.

“hmm. She is happier with you than she’s with me. So yeah I’m ok with that, Hae.” I assured him.

“how you know that?” he asked again. He just can’t stop asking, can he....

“I saw.” I answered.

“eh stalker.” He remarked me.

“yeah coz I have to make sure at least you won’t hurt her like I did.” I said.

“I would never do that.” He replied.

“you better not. And about our mom I’ll take care of it.” I said sternly.

“so I was right last time. She was the reason you hurt her.” he confirmed with me.

“I just wanted to protect her but I didn’t know it’ll end up like this.” I try reasoning to him but.....

“you’re an idiot. You should have stayed strong and support her with your love. You became a coward and hurt her hyung but never will I do that. If mom didn’t agree with my love she can just disown me. I don’t care. You can tell her that too.” with that he walked out of my room.

 

DONGHAE’S POV

I was really angry at him but I know it’s not totally his fault it was our mom’s but I secretly thanked her coz because of her I get to get close with Haesha. Now I’m standing in front of her room I wanted to knock but I didn’t and just opened the door revealing a very nervous Haesha pacing forth and back biting her fingernails, scratching her head. I can see that she’s really nervous but for what? So I just go and stood in front of her. She didn’t see me coz she’s looking down and bumped into me.

“oh Donghae-ah...ummm *she glance to the door and back to me* when you came in?” she asked me.

“why does it matter?” I asked her rather coldly just to test whether what Hyuk told was real.

“huh? Ummm no I didn’t see you coming thats why I asked.” She answered.

“oh so what were you thinking until you didn’t realize me coming in?” I asked her.

“uh that! Ummmm...” she started looking down biting her nails again.

So I just pull her hand from and ask “what?”

“that.. I don’t know.” She answered nervously.

“you don’t know?” I asked her back.

“hmm.” She nod.

“you don’t know why you’re nervous?” I asked again. She was still looking down.

“hmm.” She nod and I laughed a little at her cuteness.

“wae?” she asked.

“ani. Let’s go.” I told her and walked to her room door.

“where?” she asked,

“our break.” I answered.

“eh? Cannot.” She replied.

“why not?” I ask turning back to her.

“the break time is over.” She reasoned with me.

“ummm I’m the boss and I’m saying let’s go.” I told her.

“I know but Hyukjae-ssi?” she hesitated.

“what’s with him?” I asked sternly.

“I can’t simply....” she started.

“you can’t simply leave him alone.” I finished her phrase.

“what! No! I meant the work not him.” She reasoned.

“gwenchanna. He won’t mind.” I answered back.

“but he...” she hesitate again.

“ok fine. Just go back to your work.” I said and turn to walk to the door.

“eh? Hae.....” She held my wrist but I pull it off her hand and start walking towards her room door. Am I too much?

 

HAESHA’S POV

Haishh why all of a sudden he became so cold and sensitive? I’m sure he’ll be the death of me.

“haishh...arrassoyo!” I said.

“for what?” he asked looking at me but he held the door knob.

“I’ll come with you.” I told him.

“why? Now Hyuk said ok is it?” he asked back. WHAT!! EEEEEEE THIS GUY IS GETTING ON MY NERVES!

“huh? Eeeeee you want to go or not?” I asked him back and he just gave me a look.

“don’t want? Fine. Totally fine with me. Bye.” I said and start walking to the door. Ok if that’s what you want! I’m TOTALLY OK with it!

“where are you going?” he asked stopping me. When I turn to answer I saw he had this sly expression. Oh so you want to play? Fine let’s play.

“break where else.” I said and he looked at me with a ‘alone?’ look.

“with Hyukjae.” I saw him widening his eyes. “since you don’t want to go. Please close my door after you leave. Bye.”

He stopped me again but this time he held my wrist. “re..really?” I saw his disappointed expression.

“what you think?” I asked him back.

“I don’t know.” He said sadly releasing my hand.

“how stupid are you exactly?” I facepalmed.

“what!!?” he replied.

“what, what!” I asked back. “you still think I have feelings for him. Let me tell you this. Yes I have feelings for him but it’s not love it’s sympathy coz he has gone through the equal amount of pain as I am. But that doesn’t give me any reason to love him back coz in the future if any problem rises he’ll take the same stupid decision and I have no interest to live with a coward like him. Get it?” I ask and he just nod.

AUTHOR’S POV

You and Hae were sitting in the park talking. It had been your daily routine during your break time. During these days you found out a lot about him and grew fond of him. After the confession that day none of you actually talked about it so you thought it was just your stupid imagination or he had forgotten about it.

Then you guys talked about your first kiss and he mentioned it was you during the time you both were finding files in the library and you felt bad so you asked him what you can do for him and he told you to help him get the girl he loved and you felt a little jealous but you did say you’ll help him. So he asked you to come to an address he gave at 7pm tonight.

 

HAESHA'S POV

I came to the address he gave but it showed me a park so I called him.

‘hello.’ He answered.

‘Donghae-ah are you sure you gave me the right address coz there’s a park here.’ I told him.

‘it’s correct just go straight.’ He continued.

‘like seriously a park. You trying to be romantic is it?’ I .

‘hey don’t ruin my mood.’ He said.

‘oh ok I’m sorry. Now what, I’m already in.’ I said walking straight.

‘just follow the lighted path way. I’ll wait for you. Bye.’ He hang up.

‘hey...’ I didn’t even get to say anything.

So I just follow the pathway. It was indeed beautiful with all the lightings and the night sky view. Then I reached a port something like a hut but there was a mirror in the middle of it.

“a mirror?” I asked myself and looked around to find Hae but no sign of him.

“hello.” He said coming from behind the mirror.

“you scared me.” I said startled.

“so will you help me marry her?” he ask.

“umm of course but to whom coz all I see is a mirror.” I said pointing at the mirror.

Then he gave me a wide toothless smile and said “it’s her” showing to the mirror.

“her....” I said pointing at the mirror unconsciously. me? It’s me in the mirror. He wants to marry me but I thought he forgot. “ummm... I ... you...” I don’t know why but I am nervous and I started to shiver when he kneel and asked “so will you help?” he asked again.

“just say yes already!” I heard someone shouting.

“what was that?” I asked looking for the source.

“what was what?” he asked standing up.

“I heard someone shout. You didn’t hear?” I asked him.

“nope it must be your inner thoughts.” He smiled.

“inner thoughts? That’s weird.” I said to myself.

“so?” he asked and I thought of trolling him a bit before answering.

“huh? Oh the proposal. Why you need my help to marry a mirror? I’m sure it won’t say no.” I answered holding back my laugh seeing his epic reaction.

“WHAT!!” I heard someone shout again and when I turn from the mirror I saw Yunee, Heechul, Ryeowook, Yeewook, Sungmin, Leeteuk, and Kyuhyun coming from their hide out.

“are you an idiot? It’s unbelievable.” Yunee started.

“he asked you! Of course not that damn mirror!” Yeewook continued.

“how stupid are you actually...” Yunee commented.

“to think he would ask a mirror to marry him!” Yeewook continued while Hae facepalmed.

“and the fact that you guys are here for?” I asked after letting them finish their ranting.

“oh that! Snap!” Yunee realized I was trolling him to bring them out.

“shoot!” Yeewook closed her face with her right hand.

“you did that on purpose didn’t you?” Yunee asked me.

“what you think?” I asked.

“yes.” She replied.

“good that you know and since you know can you please leave.” I told to them.

“ok. Oppa let’s go.” Yeewook said to them and they started to walk off from us.

“you realize you just ruin a perfectly romantic proposal.” Heechul told to Yunee.

“shut up. I don’t need you to remind me.” She said while all of them were walking away from us then I turn to Donghae.

“so?” I asked him.

“hmmm let me rephrase the question.” He said.

“ok.”

“will you marry me?” he asked kneeling in front again but this time he took out a ring box showing it to me.

“and if I say no?” I asked him.

“I’m sure you’ll say yes.” He smiled but a bit of reluctantly.

“confident much aren’t you.” I smiled.

“so?” he asked me with pleading eyes with a tint of fear of rejection too. I smile and scout down to his level and kissed his cheek saying “yes.”

After that I stand up but he decided to continue kneeling to put the ring in my finger. I never felt this happy before. After putting the ring he stood up and hugged me.

“thank you. I love you.” He said.

“you’re welcome.” I said to him.

And he looked at me. "I know you love me too."

"so that’s why you were proposing to a mirror?" I said.

"you really tease a lot." He said biting his lips and I’m guessing his thinking of doing something coz I was still in his arms.

"it’s natural. Can’t help it, I guess." I smiled.

"next time you tease me, this will be your punishment." He said and leaned in. Before I could ask what, he just kissed me full on my lips. I was taken back by his action but I felt the spark so I let it be.

A series of claps made us to separate from each other. We turned to our sides and saw all of them whom haven’t left and came out from the bushes.

"you guys didn’t go yet." I asked and wanted to chase them "you guys better run."

They started running and as I wanted to go after them, Hae stopped me. "it’s our night, ignore them." And kissed me again.

 

Everyone was excited for our wedding since it's going to be the first wedding among us. All the preparation was going on. All of Donghae's friends including Hyukjae was lending hand in this preparation to make this a perfect wedding but there's no such thing as a peaceful meadow in my life routine. The little that I realize this happy ending just got postponed......