Play

Peter Pan

"Listen up!" Krystal shouted. The noisy class turned silent. " Thank you. Now, you all know that we have to do a play for our last night. So, any suggestions?" "

Peter Pan!" a guy shouted out. The whole class agreed on the plan.

" Oh Kevin, if I get to be Tinkerbell, i want sparkly wings and...." Taeyon babbled at her best friend, Kevin. Kevin smiled at her.

" Yeah, sure. Whatever."

"Anything wrong, Kevin? Don't like the theme?" Taeyon asked him. "Oh god, Kevin. You are so pretty. You should be Wendy." Taeyon pinched Kevin's girly cheeks.

"I am not being a girl. Even if I am the most girliest guy in this whole school." Kevin said. Taeyon giggled.

"Oh Kevin. You are really pretty. Don't get this the wrong way but, if I am a guy, I'd have you to be my girlfriend." Taeyon joked as she hugged Kevin on his shoulders. Kevin smiled as he rolled his eyes. He glanced at him, and then looked at his table and sighed. "I don't want to take part in that play." he softly exclaimed. "Why? We'll have fun together!" Taeyon pouted. When she saw that Kevin won't budge from his decision, Taeyon just huffed.

"We need someone in charge of clothes and decorations." Krsytal said in front of the class. Taeyon immediately pointed at Kevin.

"This guy!' Kevin looked at Taeyon in surprise.

"Alright. Kevin it is."

"Taeyon!!!" Kevin hissed at Taeyon. 

"I want you in." Taeyon whispered back. Kevin sighed. "Hey Kevin. I think the girls will vote Eli again to be the main character." Taeyon said and suddenly grasped his hands.

"W-what?" Kevin stuttered. He looked back and saw Eli laughing with the other guys at the back of the class. His eyes suddenly caught Eli's stare. They stayed there for a while... well, until Eli suddenly winked at him. Kevin immediately blushed and looked elsewhere. 

"Kevin?" Taeyon asked and shook his shoulders. Kevin just felt his heartbeat increasing every minute.

                                                                                                 ~.~

 

"Kevin, here's the list of things you need to buy." Krsytal dropped a sheet of torn notebook paper on Kevin's lap. Kevin looked at the list. 

"Hmm, sure. I'll buy it after school." Krsytal thanked him and went elsewhere. Kevin sighed. White fabric? Red feather? Leather boots?

"What you got there?" Eli's head suddenly popped up from behind his shoulders. 

"OH MHY GOD!" Kevin screeched and slipped off his chair. Thank goodness Eli caught the boy's shoulders just in time. 

"Sorry. Didnt mean to startle you." Eli looked at the list. "Going shopping? I'll come with you." Eli gave him a warm smile.

"Wh-what?"

"I'll come with you." Eli repeated. 'Think you can carry all the stuff back?" Kevin nervously shook his head. Eli smiled again and patted his head. "Meet you after school." And with that, Eli walked back to his gang at the back of the class. Kevin clenched his fist. 

"Why do I feel like this when that guy is near me?" He whispered to himself. 

                                                                                                                               ~.~

 

"Thought you might change your mind." Eli said when he saw Kevin slowly walking towards him. Kevin gave him a sheepish smile. "Come on. or not we'll be late. We have to reherse in the next 20 minutes." 

"Oh, okay." Kevin slowly stuttered. They walked for a while, but Kevin and Eli kept silent.

"Why are you so nervous around me?" Eli suddenly stopped and asked. Kevin jumped a bit.

"N-no i'm not."

"Really?" Eli grabbed the younger's hand and laced his fingers with his. "Why is your hand shaking? Are you getting a cold or are you sick or something?" Eli eyed him worriedly. Kevin secretly blushed and looked at his sneakers. 

"No. Let's just go before they nag us of being late." Kevin pulled back his hand and walked. Eli just watched him before joining him.

 

 

"Kevin, is this okay? I mean, do we really need a red feather? I like yellow better." Eli asked and held up a yellow feather on his ears.