Moving In.

What Is Love?

 

----------------------------------

2 Days Later.

“I still don’t like this idea” Tao pouted and stomp around the house with his apple. “Girls will only make us lose our freedom”

“Tao, just shut up and go to your room if you don’t want to help” Kris rolled his eyes and tapped his watch impatiently. Him and the rest of the boys have waiting in the living room ever since Min Kyung sent them a text saying that she will be moving in today at 1pm.

“It’s 1:05! Where the hell is she?” Tao complained. “Woke me up for nothing”

“Actually Tao, you woke up on your own” Yixing commented.

“GEGE!”

“Don’t provoke him!” Kris hissed and Yixing complied by making a zipping motion across his lips.

The house fell quiet again as Kris made sure no one else provoke Tao. Soon, time passed by without the boys’ notice as they all slumped against the couch and chairs and fell asleep.

However, their slumber was interrupted by the doorbell ringing, with Chen being the first to wake up.

“Coming” He groaned and pushed himself off of the couch, kicking Kris and Tao’s feet as he walked past them and tapped Yixing’s shoulder on his way.

“Min Kyung-sshi you said 1pm, it’s 2:30—” Chen said as he yanked the door open, but to his surprise, it was Jae Rin who is standing outside and not Min Kyung.

“I’m…Jae Rin” She smiled nervously.

“Sorry, I thought you were Min Kyung” Chen cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Jae Rin-sshi!” Luhan appeared beside Chen and waved excitedly at her. “Come in!” He stepped aside to let her through while Chen offered to help with her belongings.

“Thank you” Jae Rin nodded gratefully and took a step inside the house. Though she is nervous, her gut somehow knows that living in this house won’t be that hard.

“Min Kyung-sshi isn’t here yet?” Jae Rin questioned as she glances around for the sight of her roommate but only caught the guys’ awkward (and sleepy) stares.

“She said she would be here by 1pm, but perhaps she is running on a different time zone.” Kris mumbled in a bitter tone. The way he was rubbing one of his eyes, yet managed to glare at the door at the same time, reminded Jae Rin of her host brother Sehun when he is hungry and grumpy. This causes Jae Rin to unconsciously let out a chuckle, earning a questioning look from Kris.

“What?” He raised a brow at her, half amused and half confused.

“N-nothing” Jae Rin cleared and felt a blush creeping up her face from Kris’ stare.

Chen, who is observant, quickly grasp the situation and decided to change the topic, rescuing Jae Rin from his friend’s piercing stare that Chen himself also hate.

“So Jae Rin-sshi, do you want to settle into the room first? I can help you take your stuff up” Chen casually suggested and the girl quickly nodded and thank him, meaning it in more than one way.

“Me too me too! I’ll take this upstairs for you!” Luhan quickly grabbed one of Jae Rin’s suitcases and skipped upstairs. Lucky for him, he got one of the lighter ones, which allowed him to disappeared up the stairs in no time.

“I’ll help too” Yixing stood up from his chair as well and walked over to her belongings. Seeing this, Tao and Kris also got up to help. The three of them each grabbed a suitcase each and began to drag it upstairs, leaving Jae Rin a small box to carry.

“Thanks so much” Jae Rin smiled and they all nodded.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“So the room next to yours is mine and Yixing’s. The one across from yours is Kris’ and Tao’s. The one next to theirs is Luhan’s…” Chen began to point out their rooms to Jae Rin as she nodded like a bobble head. Why he was explaining to her about their rooms? She doesn’t know. But Jae Rin did know that she was curious to why Luhan gets a whole room to himself.

“…And that room down there next to the guest room is the study room” Chen finished with a smile. “If you need anything else, just ask one of us.”

“Thanks! I will” Jae Rin returned a smile that reached her eyes, making the guys chuckle. Tao even had the nerve to reach out and patted her head. “You’re cute! Reminds me of my dog at home”

“What?” the smile dropped from Jae Rin’s face immediately, as well as the guys’ as they stared at Tao in horror.

“Did he just…?” Jae Rin gave them a weird look. “I misheard that right?”

“He meant that you’re as cute as a puppy. His Korean is bad, I’m sorry” Kris smoothly explained. And just as Tao opened his mouth to protest, Kris placed his foot over Tao’s and gave it a hard stomp, shutting him up.

“OWOWWW WHAT THE HELL DUIZHANG?!”

“My bad, I didn’t see your foot there” Kris shrugged.

“Right…” Jae Rin eyed them both suspiciously but waved it off. “I’ll—uh—unpack my stuff now…I guess. So I’ll be up here if you guys need me”

“Alright then” They scattered immediately after hearing that, leaving Jae Rin to stare at their descending backs at the stairs with an amused look.

“Weird boys” She chuckled, but then she thought of Sehun and his even weirder personality and smiled. “Still can’t beat Sehun though”

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“I’m hungry” Tao murmured as he lazily flipped through the channels on TV, trying to find something to watch.

“You ate 5 apples in the last 4 hours, how are you still hungry?” Kris asked, his eyes not leaving the magazine that he’s reading on his lap.

“He’s a black hole” Yixing laughed and tossed Tao another apple. “Keep eating these until Chen finish making dinner”

“What? Said who? I’m not cooking!” Chen protested.

“Do you want me to cook?” Luhan asked, his lips curved into a slight smirk.

“Please, I still want to live.” Kris rolled his eyes

“Ouch Kris”

“What about her? Can she cook?” Tao motioned his head towards the stairs as he happily chew on the apple.

“Don’t be stupid Tao” Chen shook his head.

“Why not?”

“I don’t know Tao, last we checked, renters are not obligated to feed their landlords” Kris mumbled and let out a yawn. “We should just order pizza or something”

“Or we can go to a real foo—” Tao jumps up in excitement at the mention of food, however, before he could suggest his hyungs to take him to a nice restaurant, the doorbell rang and cut him off.

“Must be Miss-I-will-be-here-by-1pm” Luhan said as Chen went to get the door. True to his words, it was Minkyung on the other side of the door with a strange male carrying most of her belongings.

“Hello! Sorry I am late!” Minkyung waved happily at the guys and quickly moved aside as soon as she steps into the house so the guy could carry her stuff in.

“Yeah, like 4 hours late” Tao muttered.

“Well, traffic was bad! Plus I ran into a bit of trouble” Minkyung explained before turning to the male. “Kai can you take those stuff upstairs?”

“What am I? Your slave?” The guy turns to glare at her yet he listens to her anyways and began dragging her stuff upstairs. Chen and Yixing saw this and hopped in to help immediately.

“So it was traffic? I just thought that you bailed on us. What a disappointment” Kris leaned his tall frame on the wall and crossed his arms lazily.

“You wish. Can’t get rid of me that easily” Minkyung made a face at him before following the guys upstairs, carrying two boxes in her arms.

“If you two would be so kind to please help me out with those boxes there, I’ll be grateful” She turns to Kris and Tao and motioned her head towards the two boxes on the ground with a grin. Then, she disappeared up the stairs.

“I’m not kind! I’M EVILLLL!!!! THEREFORE I’M NOT HELPING!” Tao shouted after her.

“I can feel that it will be pleasant with her and you both in the house” Kris sarcastically commented as he leaned down to pick up both of the boxes and walk upstairs.

“Well I already feel annoyed!” Tao stomped into the kitchen and sulked on the counter, where he began to dread his life in the house from now on.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

The moment Kai pushed the door open to Minkyung’s room, he froze on the spot.

Why is there a girl sleeping in here? I thought that guy told me it’s this room?

“Why are you not going in?” Yixing asked as he saw Kai standing like a statue in front of the room.

“Er….” Kai pointed and Yixing popped his head in to see Jaerin who is deep in dreamland by the closet. The girl was surrounded by her own stuff with her head resting on the pile of clothes that she had neatly folded. Her breaths were even and her expression portrays nothing but peace. At the sight, Yixing’s heart constricted and he wanted to do anything but wake her up.

Chen also followed in and caught what Kai and Yixing were staring at, his expression softened, and he too, did not want to disrupt the girl’s peaceful sleep.

“So…is she the roommate?” Kai whispered, and as quietly as he could, he placed the box down by the door.

“What are you three doing just standing there?” A voice spoke loudly, breaking the silent and jolting the boys. But as quickly as they were scared, they all place their finger over their lips and hissed a “SHH!” at Kris and Minkyung.

“Awe, is my roommate asleep?!” Minkyung stood on her toes and peeked over Chen’s shoulder to see.

“Should we wake her up?” Kris asked.

“What’s wrong with you? Let her sleep!” Minkyung smacked his arm with a frown.

“Well then, do you plan on standing here all night with these boxes? Because I don’t” He winced as she hits him and shot a glare at her.

As if it’s on cue, Jaerin stirred in her sleep, and soon enough, her eyes fluttered open. She rubbed her eyes a couple of times blinking them rapidly to adjust to the bright lights in the room. Then, she caught everyone’s stares and fell opened bit.

“Um… Hello?”

===============================================================

Thanks for reading!