A Bit(?) of Jealousy

Just Concerned

 

Sehun’s phone rang and when he saw the caller ID, he got a bit excited.

 

“Hey Jonginnie what’s up?”

 

“Want to come over? I’m pretty bored here, my family’s out for dinner and they left me to guard the house.”

 

“Oh. I’m pretty bored as well, so…… okay.” Kai was practically very happy that Sehun was coming over. They haven’t had much time together these past few days since they were both busy with their exams.

 

“Great. I’ll see you later then.”

“Okay. Bye.” Sehun got a bit too excited he hung up immediately without even letting Kai say his goodbyes. He got up from the couch, ran upstairs to fetch his cap and dashed out of his apartment.

 

 

Meanwhile, Kai was pretty restless. One minute he was on the couch sitting down, next he was beside the window to see if Sehun was already there, then he was in front of the mirror looking at his own reflection if he looked decent enough. His hands were a bit shaky probably because this is Sehun’s first time in their house with just the two of them.

 

The television was on but he wasn’t actually watching it since he was all over the apartment. He was in the kitchen preparing some food for them to eat when he heard the news reporter saying the fine weather was suddenly changing. She said it was about to rain in just a few minutes. That’s when he started to worry. Rain could only mean one thing, THUNDER. He knew Sehun was only walking going to their house since it was only a couple of blocks away and he’s afraid of what’s going to happen to him.

 

After a couple of minutes, it started to rain. Kai got even more worried because Sehun still hasn’t arrived. When Kai heard the first light thunder, that’s when he got moving. He grabbed his umbrella and his jacket and went out of the house without even turning the TV off.

 

 

Sehun was only halfway from Kai’s house when he felt a drop of water on his arm. He just didn’t mind it at first but then the drops became continuous and that’s when he looked up to find out it was starting to rain. He speeded up his walking when he heard the light thunder. He walked even faster thinking about getting to Kai’s apartment as fast as he could and get by Kai’s side with Kai hugging him to protect him.

 

A couple of minutes after another thunder sounded and it was louder. He stopped walking and winced when somebody bumped into him. He didn’t move and the guy just said “I’m sorry. Are you okay?” probably a bit taken aback at how Sehun was not responding and ducking his head thinking it was because he just bumped into him. Sehun suddenly opened his eyes when he heard the voice. It sounded so familiar and at first he thought it was Kai and then shrugged off the thought knowing that Kai was in his apartment waiting for him. He just nodded not even laying a single glance at the guy.

 

He was so scared now that he noticed he was actually running already towards Kai’s apartment.

 

When Sehun arrived at Kai’s apartment, he didn’t bother to knock knowing nobody else was at home except for Kai. But to his disappointment, Kai wasn’t inside. He went to the kitchen, to Kai’s room but none. No sign of Kai in the house.

 

He took his phone and dialled Kai’s number when he heard a phone ringing from the couch. He went over to see what it was and saw Kai’s phone ringing with his caller ID.

 

“. Where are you Kai?” he muttered under his breath. He then remembered

 

“I’m sorry. Are you okay?”

 

He was right! It was Kai. He knew he must have wanted to fetch him after hearing all those thunder and so he ran back to his apartment. He was probably so unlucky that day that the rain got stronger and he didn’t have his jacket or an umbrella.

 

He took shade under a tree when probably the loudest thunder he’s heard in years sounded and he found himself crouching. He couldn’t stand it anymore and he just wished Kai was there beside him. His fear of the thunder actually lessened because Kai has always been there for him but it wasn’t particularly gone.

 

Suddenly someone tapped on his shoulder.

 

“Sehun?”

 

He glanced up and saw LuHan.

 

“Want to come inside?”

 

He noticed he was just in front of LuHan’s apartment. He nodded and they went inside.

 

 

Kai arrived at Sehun’s apartment and saw nobody in. He ran back again to his apartment and saw nobody home either. He was starting to get even more worried. Then he thought about all the people who had their apartments between his and Sehun’s. He called them one by one finding out Sehun wasn’t in their house when there was only one person left in the list. LuHan. That’s where Kai doesn’t want Sehun to end up at. LuHan and SeHun were pretty close even before he met him and he felt a tinge of jealousy everytime he thinks they might be together.

 

He dashed to LuHan’s apartment not even bothering to knock and went directly inside.

 

“Where is he?” Kai asked LuHan who happened to be just near the door when he went inside.

 

LuHan was probably very startled at Kai’s sudden entrance that he wasn’t able to react immediately.

 

“WHERE IS HE DAMNIT!? WHERE IS SE-“

 

Sehun was at the corner crouching when Kai suddenly arrived. He noticed Kai was angry at LuHan and he went directly to him to stop him and calm him down. He hugged him tightly cutting of Kai’s statement.

 

“It’s okay it’s okay. I’m fine.” But Sehun started crying and Kai kissed his forehead to calm him down.

 

LuHan interrupted the two and said, “Hey. If you want you could go to my room if you want to talk more privately. And I think Sehun needs to rest too.”

 

Kai gave him a light smile and said “Thanks.”

 

Sehun was clinging to Kai and didn’t want to let go and so Kai just had to bring him bridal style to LuHan’s room.

 

Kai sat on the bed with his back leaning on the headboard and his legs stretched in front. Sehun, still not letting go of Kai, sat on his laps and they had the same position as that first night they were with each other.

 

“Are you still afraid?” Kai asked.

 

“A little.”

 

“It’s okay. Don’t worry. I’m here now okay?”

 

“I know.”

 

They were silent for a few minutes no sign of movement from the two except for the rising and falling of their chests because of breathing.

 

When the rain has stopped,

 

“Do you want to lie down Sehunnie?”

 

Sehun shook his head. Kai gave a hearty laugh and said, “So are we gonna stay like this the whole night?”

 

Sehun looked up at him with eyes still so wet of tears,

 

“Can we just go home?”

 

“Mine or yours?”

 

“I prefer mine.”

 

“Okay.”

 

They went down Sehun still so attached to Kai, clinging to his arm as if his life depended on it. Kai thanked LuHan for his room and LuHan just replied with that ever-so-cute smile of his.

 

They went straight to Sehun’s apartment and straight to his bedroom. Kai let Sehun lie down and Sehun patted his side as if signalling Kai to lie down too. Kai willingly lied down beside him and they stared at each other for a couple of minutes when Kai became uneasy and so he suddenly said,

 

“I think you should sleep now.”

 

Sehun chuckled and nodded.

 

“What? What are you laughing at?”

 

“Jonginnie, you look so cute when you’re embarrassed.”

 

Kai laughed and pinched Sehun’s nose.

 

“Come on. Just go to sleep.”

 

Kai was supposed to just wait for Sehun to sleep and get going when he himself dozed off too.

 

He woke up to see the clock a few minutes before striking 11 o’clock. He slowly removed Sehun’s hands that were clutching on his shirt and got up as quietly as he could so as not to wake him up. He was already finally up when Sehun grabbed his wrist.

 

Still had his eyes closed,  Sehun said,

 

“Don’t go. Just stay.”

 

“But Sehun-ah… My parents might be looking for me now.”

 

Sehun now opened his eyes and looked at Kai directly in his eyes.

 

“They didn’t call, did they?”

 

Sehun pouted and that’s when Kai gave in.

 

Kai sighed.

 

“Okay okay. But if they’re going to scold me tomorrow, I’m putting all the blame on you.”

 

Sehun just laughed and nodded.

 

Kai lied back down beside Sehun. This time Sehun put his arms around Kai just to make sure he wouldn’t attempt to go back home again. Before they went back to sleep, Sehun leaned in to Kai to give him one passionate kiss. They ended it when they had to gasp for air.

 

Sehun looked up to Kai one last time and said,

 

“Don’t go home okay?”

 

“Yeah yeah.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. i didn't have time to edit and all so i think it's pretty lame.