Chapter 34

Invidiam

                The morning of their wedding came quicker then they expected. Joon’s mother had reserved the grand ballroom at the Grand Hyatt Seoul. The hotel had decorated the hall on their own and all the couple had to do was show up. Joon woke up Sorotsu at 6 am and dragged her into the shower. She was still half asleep so Joon ended up washing her hair and everything for her. She was moving too slow.

                Joon laughed to himself as he was pushing her around the house, getting her ready to leave. Their wedding started at noon. There was a knock on the door and Joon had Sorotsu sit on the couch and put a bowl of cereal in front of her. She took a spoonful and left the spoon in , with her eyes barely open.

                He answered the door and Dara and Eunhyuk were at the door. Joon smiled and let them in. Since it was bad luck for the Bride and Groom to see each other before the wedding, he had put these two in charge of her. He wanted Kai, but EXO had a schedule before noon. Eunhyuk had never been to their house before and looked around and spotted Sorotsu sitting up on the couch, asleep with a spoon in and wet hair. Dara and Eunhyuk both laughed and each sat on a side of her. Dara poked her on the cheek. “Sorotsu! Are you sleeping?”

                Eunhyuk grinned and leaned in front of her face and lifted one of her eye lids. Sorotsu’s eyes suddenly shot open and the spoon fell out of . “Wha… What?! Eunhyuk-oppa! Dara-unnie?! “ Joon laughed as Thunder came into the house as well. “Joon-hyung, I am here to get you. Let’s go.” Dara waved excited at her little brother and he looked at her confused and then glared at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk didn’t notice. He was to busy picking on Sorotsu.

                Joon came and kissed Sorotsu and waved. “I will see you soon!” Sorotsu nodded and waved back. She was left alone with Dara and Eunhyuk. “So how come you guys are here?” They both laughed. Dara did a fighting pose. “We are in charge of making sure you are ready in time!” She looked at the both of them and laughed. Today was definitely going to be interesting.

                Eunhyuk went into the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal for himself and Dara. The three of them sat there and ate their breakfast while watching TV. Sorotsu smiled. They finished eating and Dara pulled her into the bathroom and blow dried her hair for her. “Let’s go take you to the stylist! Eunhyuk-ssi! We are going to go take Sorotsu to the stylist to get her hair done!” Eunhyuk came into the bathroom and grinned. “We can’t forget her dress! Sorotsu where is it?” She pointed towards the closet. “It’s in a box in the closet.”

                He opened the closet door as Dara put the hair dryer away.  Sorotsu smiled at her and went to help Eunhyuk find it. He stared into the closet and looked on the top and couldn’t find it. Sorotsu crouched down and pulled the box out from under a coat. She smiled up at Eunhyuk who was still trying to search the top of the closet. “Oppa, it’s down here.” Eunhyuk grinned and looked down at her. Dara came and leaned on Sorotsu. “Well then we are all set! Let’s go get you looking pretty for your big day!” Eunhyuk carried the box with the dress in it and they all went out to Dara’s car. Eunhyuk sat in the back seat as Sorotsu sat in the passenger seat.

                Dara drove them to her stylist and the three of them went inside. Dara opened her wallet and smiled. “How about all of us get our hair and stuff done together? I will pay.” Everyone agreed. They were automatically taken into the back. They each got their own stylist. Sorotsu’s stylist smiled at her. “So what event do you have today?” Sorotsu blushed and smiled. “I’m getting married.” The stylist got all giggly. “Oh! I’m so happy for you! Who is the lucky guy?” Eunhyuk leaned forward and looked around his stylist, at Sorotsu’s stylist. “She is marrying me.” He laughed as the stylist all looked shocked. Dara pouted. “Hyukjae-ssi!! She is Joonie’s wife! Not yours!”

                The stylists laughed at Dara scolding him. Eunhyuk was trying really hard to stop laughing. Sorotsu was smiling happily. Her stylist smiled at her. “So you are the famous Sorotsu that everyone has heard about. You are so lucky.” Sorotsu nodded. Soon the three of them all had face packs on and were sent into the sauna for a while.

                They had put on the bath house clothes. Dara looked around. “I didn’t know that my stylist had a mini sauna like this.” Eunhyuk leaned back against the wall. “It’s really hot in here.” Sorotsu laughed. “That’s because it’s the sauna.” He nodded and took his shirt off. Dara covered her eyes and reached over to cover a shocked Sorotsu’s eyes. “Why are you stripping!!?” Eunhyuk grinned. “It’s my wedding present for Sorotsu. To sit in a sauna with me shirtless.” He laughed as he could see both Sorotsu and Dara were blushing. Sorotsu smiled “It would be a better present if we didn’t have this stuff all over our faces.” Dara laughed really hard and put her hands down. Both girls tried to avoid staring.

                Soon the stylists came and got them for their next treatment. They stylists giggled and covered their faces when they saw that Eunhyuk was shirtless. He put his shirt back on before he left the sauna. The stylist put them into the chairs for pedicures. They put Sorotsu in the middle again. Dara grabbed her hand and smiled as the staff started working on their feet. “Sorotsu, I’m very happy for you. Even though you aren’t marrying my brother, you can still be my little sister.”  The younger girl smiled at the older one and nodded. “Thank you Unnie!” Suddenly Eunhyuk grabbed Sorotsu’s other hand. Both girls looked at him curious. He just grinned back and winked. “If Joon ever treats you badly, you can come to me!” Dara glared at him. “You get in line after my Sanghyun! Then I’m sure Kai is after him.”

                Sorotsu laughed, remembering the events from the island. “I’m sure that Donghae-oppa, Baekhyun-ssi and Chanyeol-ssi would be sad about that.” Eunhyuk blushed as Dara just nodded in agreement. The stylists looked confused.

                They continued chatting about the wedding and everything when someone came and sat next to Eunhyuk. The three of them looked over to see Jonghyun from CNBLUE sitting there smiling. “Ah! Sorotsu-ssi, Dara-noona, Eunhyuk-hyung! I didn’t know you guys came here too! Are you getting ready for the wedding too?” The three of them nodded and greeted him. “Where are the rest of your members?” Eunhyuk asked looking around. Jonghyun smiled. “I am here alone today. They are going to do their own stuff since it isn’t televised.” Sorotsu nodded and smiled at him. “So do you want to come to the wedding place with us after this?”

                Jonghyun smiled. “I’m supposed to arrive with the rest of my members, but thank you for offering.” Dara pouted. “I really am a good driver!” Everyone laughed at her. The stylists suddenly ushered Sorotsu and Dara to get their makeup done. Sorotsu’s stylists looked over her face. “What color is your dress?” She smiled “It’s white and green, but I would like a natural look. I was actually planning on not wearing any makeup.” The stylist nodded. “I will only use a tiny bit of makeup then.” After she finished applying the makeup, she started on her hair. She brushed out all of the tangles and put some products in it. “What kind of style would you like?” Sorotsu thought for a moment. “Do you think I could just leave it down? Would that look good?” The stylist nodded. “You are naturally pretty, so with your natural looking makeup and straight hair, you will definitely take everyone’s breath away!” She blushed as she waited for Dara to finish getting her hair done.

                Sorotsu went back over by the pedicure chairs. Jonghyun was sitting there alone. Eunhyuk had been taken back to get his hair and makeup done. She sat next to Jonghyun. “So Jonghyun-oppa, how have you been?” He smiled and nodded. “I’ve been good. My drama is doing well.” She nodded and smiled “I have watched a couple episodes. I really like it. You did an amazing job.” Jonghyun laughed. “Thank you. You look amazing by the way. You will definitely be the prettiest one at your wedding.” Sorotsu blushed and looked down. “Thank you.” He nodded and looked down at his feet.

                Dara and Eunhyuk finished at the same time. “Well Sorotsu, are we ready to go?” Dara asked as she looked over Eunhyuks hair. Sorotsu turned to face them and Eunhyuk smiled at her. “I’m ready to go.” She stood up and waved at Jonghyun. “See you soon, oppa.” He smiled and nodded. She followed the two older idols out to the front counter where Dara was paying. Eunhyuk put his arm around Sorotsu’s shoulder. “You look beautiful.” She blushed again and looked down at the ground smiling awkwardly. Dara poked him in the stomach and pointed at him, glaring. Eunhyuk removed his arm and smiled innocently.

                They got back out to Dara’s car and the older girl turned to look back at Eunhyuk. “Do you have your tux with you or do we have to go pick it up?” Eunhyuk smiled awkwardly. “I left it at the dorm.” Dara sighed. “It’s alright. I left my dress back at my dorm too. First we go pick up my dress.” She started the car and pointed forwards to the windshield “To the 2NE1 dorm! Away!” She grinned at the other two who were laughing really hard.

                They arrived at her dorm and Eunhyuk was about to open the door when Dara locked the doors. “You two stay here! People take pictures here. Eunhyuk-ssi, you stay in your seat and Sorotsu-ssi stay in the front seat. That way if anyone recognizes my car and looks inside, it doesn’t look like a date.” They both nodded and understood. Dara her digital radio. “Here you can listen to this. I will be right back!” She quickly got out of the car and locked it again with her keys.

                Eunhyuk leaned forwards and smiled at Sorotsu. “Sorotsu-ssi, this is actually our first time when we are really alone. Isn’t it?” She nodded as she pulled her phone out to see if she had any messages. Eunhyuk laughed. “You really aren’t nervous?” Sorotsu laughed and shook her head. “No, I trust you oppa.” Eunhyuk smiled and took out his phone and leaned closer to Sorotsu. “Here, let’s take a picture! I will put it as your contact photo.” Sorotsu laughed. “What kind of pose should we do?” He thought for a moment. “Lets just take one with serious expressions.” She nodded and leaned her head towards Eunhyuk as he took a picture. He smiled and it “Thank you! Don’t worry, I wont post it on anything.” She smiled and suddenly the radio turned off.

                They both stared at it, confused. Sorotsu messed with the buttons but it wouldn’t come back on. Eunhyuk tried messing with the buttons as well. She sighed. “Maybe you need the keys for it to work?” Eunhyuk sighed and leaned back. They sat there awkwardly for a couple minutes in silence. He suddenly clapped, breaking the silence and giving Sorotsu a heart attack. “What’s your favorite Super Junior song?”  

                She laughed off the mini heart attack and thought for a moment. “I really like Gulliver.” Eunhyuk wiggled around in his seat excited. “I made that song!!” She laughed and nodded. “I know that.” Eunhyuk suddenly began singing the song from the beginning. Sorotsu smiled and watched him repeat ‘Gulliver’ multiple times. Once he reached the ‘Eh Eh Eh S J’ part, she started singing along with him causing him to smile like an idiot.

                The ending part when the speed increases came and both of them were saying in unison when Dara opened the car door. Sorotsu started laughing as Eunhyuk continued with the last line. “S.J. IN THE HOUSE MAKE WAY FOR THE NEW KING!” He yelled the last line, scaring Dara. She made a fake grumpy face and threw her dress at him. “This is my house! Now hang that up.” Sorotsu started laughing so hard that she couldn’t breathe and Eunhyuk began laughing as he hung up Dara’s dress on the clothes hook.

                Dara looked at the both of them. “Did the radio turn off?” Sorotsu nodded as she tried to calm herself down. Dara nodded. “I’m sorry. To the Super Junior dorm!” Dara turned and gave a sly smile to Sorotsu. They were both thinking the same thing. They hoped that Eunhyuk would take them inside.

                He directed Dara to the dorm and when they got there, there were photographers outside. Eunhyuk smiled. “Well you guys can come inside, but you will be photographed doing so.” Dara bit her bottom lip and pressed her pointer fingers together, looking at Sorotsu. Dara sighed. “We will stay in the car.” Eunhyuk laughed and got out of the car and waved at the photographers as he went inside.

                Dara sighed again and slouched in her seat. “I wanted to see the inside of their dorm.” Sorotsu sighed as well. “I was curious too.” Dara giggled and looked at the younger girl smiling. Sorotsu looked back at her confused. “I’m so curious!” In unison they both sang “Yeah!!!” They kept laughing for a while. Dara turned the radio back on and the two girls sang along with the songs until Eunhyuk came back.

                Eunhyuk opened the door and hung his suit up and closed the door behind him. Dara was about to start the car when the other door opened and both girls turned to look, shocked. Donghae smiled as he sat down next to Eunhyuk. “Good Morning Noona, Sorotsu-ssi.” Both girl automatically smiled back and greeted him. Donghae closed the door and nodded. “You girls look so pretty. Much better then the monkey over there.” He said laughing and motioning towards Eunhyuk who puffed out his cheeks, getting everyone in the car laughing.

                Dara finally started the car. “Are any other members getting in that I should know about?” She said looking around. Donghae laughed. “I’m the only one. You can go.” Dara smiled and drove them to the hotel where the wedding was being prepared.

                It was around 11 am when they arrived. They had an hour until the wedding. Some guests had already arrived. Sorotsu could see that Joon and her father were entertaining guests. Dara grabbed her dress from the car and Eunhyuk handed Sorotsu the box with her wedding dress in it and the two super junior members went off to find a place to change. Dara rushed her to the bridal room. Joon’s mom and the rest of 2NE1 were in there waiting for her.

                Joons mom smiled at her. “I was hoping you would go for a more natural look.” She smiled and set the box down. Joon’s mom opened the box as Sorotsu started to take off her normal clothes. Minzy and Bom made sure no one came into the room. Dara started to put her dress on. Joon’s mother pulled the dress out and smiled as she held it up. “This is really a pretty dress. Joon told me that you designed it yourself?” Sorotsu nodded as she got into the dress. “I more Frankenstein-ed it together from the parts I liked of the dresses they showed me.” His mom smiled and nodded as she zipped it up. “You should go to fashion school.”

                Sorotsu blushed at her mother-in-law complimenting her. CL smiled “I could ask Jeremy Scott to help you out too.” Sorotsu stared at her in shock. “You think he would like this?!” CL nodded. Minzy and Bom opened the door now that everyone was dressed. The first people to come into the room were Kai and Chanyeol.

                Chanyeol smiled and waved, introducing himself to everyone. Kai was holding a gift box. “Noona, I know you didn’t have a veil and I didn’t know if you had gotten one already, but I got all of EXO together and we made you one. The members of M couldn’t make it and they wanted me to tell you good luck and they hope to see you soon.” Kai handed her the box and she opened it and smiled. She pulled it out and looked at it. It was a headband with a long mesh back and a mid length mesh front. They had tried to match the mesh with the fabric on the dress. The headband had 12 flowers lining it. There was one green flower on one side. She smiled and touched the green flower.

                Her eyes started to tear up. “Oh you guys! It’s beautiful!” Chanyeol grinned. “Noona, Luhan said he was thankful to you and Joon-ssi for the flight. He is the one who chose the green flower. We were all going to put white flowers but he decided to put that one.” Sorotsu blushed slightly and nodded. “I love it just how it is.” Chanyeol pointed to one of the identical white flowers. “This one is mine!” She smiled and put the veil on. “It’s a very pretty flower. They are all very pretty.” She folded the front veil back over her head and looked at herself in the mirror, smiling.

                She was starting to tear up again. This wedding felt more real to her then the other one. Chanyeol quickly handed her his handkerchief from his pocket. She smiled and dabbed her eyes carefully so she wouldn’t mess up her makeup.

                Her dad walked in, smiling. Everyone greeted him and left the room so that he could be alone with his daughter. He smiled and sat down. “I see you got your veil.” Sorotsu nodded. Her dad smiled. “I am proud of you. I am so glad I get to walk you down the isle and hand you off to someone I know will take very good care of you. You have some really great friends now.” Sorotsu was about to cry. Her dad was tearing up. “I am no longer worried about leaving you in Korea. You aren’t alone anymore.” He wiped his eye with the back of his hand.  Sorotsu started crying. She kept using Chanyeols handkerchief. “So the guests who have arrived already are all of Super Junior, besides Heechul, Siwon and the Chinese members, CNBLUE, Kai’s group without the M members, 2NE1, MBLAQ and Tony An.”

                Her Dad had tears going down his cheeks but he kept smiling. Sorotsu covered . “Dad…” Her dad continued talking. “I talked to that Leeteuk fellow and I thanked him for walking you down the isle. I told him that I wanted him to watch over you in my place.” Tears started flowing down her cheeks as well. “Dad… Stop. You will always be my dad, no matter what!” Her dad kept crying. She laughed as she tried to stop crying herself. “Dad, we have less then an hour till we have to walk down the isle. We are going to get puffy.”

                The door opened slowly and Kai peeked in. “Ahjusshi? Noona?” He came into the room on his own and closed the door behind him. He came and wiped her dads’ tears. “Ahjusshi, don’t worry about her. She will be in very capable hands.” Her dad nodded. “I’m just worried I won’t be needed any more.” She smiled and wiped some of his tears off as well. “Dad, a daughter always needs her dad. He is always the most important man in her life, even if they aren’t very close like us.” Kai scoffed at her. “You guys are the closest father and child I know of! Most families have a barrier between parent and child. You guys treat each other as equals. You may not physically show it but you two are closer then even best friends.”

                Sorotsu’s dad suddenly hugged Kai. “You are an amazing kid. Can you be my son even though my daughter isn’t marrying you?” both Kai and Sorotsu laughed. “Dad, he has always been my brother, which makes him like your son. He’s always been there for us.” He nodded and now Kai was crying as well.

                Sorotsu started laughing; trying to keep her self from crying more but suddenly Kai and her dad pulled her into a hug. The three of them hugged each other crying in a mixture of sadness and happiness. The door opened slowly again and Chanyeol and Dara were peeking their heads in. Dara gasped when she saw everyone crying. She ran in to the room. “Oh no!! Sorotsu-ssi! Your make up!” Dara pulled her away from the group hug and patted her face dry. “We only have 10 minutes until it starts!”

                Chanyeol flailed around the room trying to find tissues since he had given Sorotsu his handkerchief already. He found a box finally and started frantically patting Kai’s face. Kai was laughing and trying to dodge the taller boys’ hand. “Chanyeol! I can do it myself! Stop hitting me in the face!” Dara and Sorotsu’s dad burst out laughing.  Dara quickly fixed Sorotsu’s makeup as Chanyeol and Kai left the room to go take their seats.

                Dara smiled at Sorotsu’s dad and quickly left. She rushed back in, did a fighting pose and then ran back out to find her seat. Sorotsu smiled at her dad. “We are all done crying now? Right?” Her dad nodded and took a deep breath. “Are you ready for this?” he asked nervously. She laughed. “I already got married on public television. I even had to walk down the isle with the leader of Super Junior. I am sure that I can walk down the isle, with no television cameras with my dad, a lot easier then that.” Her dad nodded and took another deep breath.

                They walked to the entrance of the wedding hall to wait for the music to start. The instrumental of One Better Day began to play and she smiled and looked up at her dad. He smiled back at her and flipped the veil over her face. He took a deep breath and led her into the banquet hall. The first thing she saw was Joon. He was wearing a black suit this time and in her eyes, everything else was a blur. Joon was smiling and looked like he was glowing.

                Sorotsu suddenly realized why the brides were always walked down the isle. They suddenly can’t see anything besides their groom. Her dad stopped a couple steps away from Joon and put his hand on his shoulder and handed Sorotsu’s hand over to him. He quickly went and found his seat next to Kai.

                Sorotsu smiled up at Joon through her veil and she could barely hear what the officiator was telling Joon. Joon was also paying more attention to Sorotsu then the officiator. They both snapped out of it when everyone started laughing. Joon blushed embarrassed and smiled at everyone. She was glad that she had a veil over her face right now. The officiator cleared his throat again. Joon snapped to attention. “Oh! I do!” he said smiling at his bride and slightly squeezing her hand.

                Everyone laughed and then the officiator read the same vows for Sorotsu. She smiled and nodded. “I do.” The officiator clapped his hands together. “Since the couple already has their rings on. Joon, you may kiss your bride!”

                Joon grinned and slowly lifted the veil over the top of her head. She smiled up at him. Both of them blushed slightly. Joon slowly lifted her chin and kissed her softly on the lips. Everyone stood and clapped for them.

                The officiator clapped. “May I now introduce to the world, Mr. and Mrs. Lee Joon!”