The dark-haired figure

Ghost

 

Yang Yoseob quickly took the lens out of it's place and snapped it into the camera. He slid a new roll of film into the camera and sat on the bench waiting for something interesting to happen, something worth capturing as an image.

The sky rumbled and darkened. Through a break in the clouds, light fell through hitting a spot on a large leafless oak tree. Yoseob gasped; he liked taking photos for the sake of taking photos, he loved catching people unaware, instead of when they were smiling and flashing the double v sign. 

It began to rain, huge droplets of water pelting from the sky. Yoseob smiled, despite his hair and clothes being drenched. With the rain and the light falling on the tree; he would get a nice shot. He quickly snapped a few shots and rushed home, before he would catch a cold.

He made it back to his apartment and showered quickly. He then went into the unused guest room which he was using as a dark room. He flicked the red light on and slid the roll of film out of his old fashioned camera. He preferred developing his photos himself, instead of paying some shop to do it for you. It was more fun and rewarding.

He quickly went about his business, developing his pictures, hanging them on his line, waiting for them to develop. He left them for a minute and retreated to the kitchen for some hot chocolate and a snack. 

When he was finished he ran back to his darkroom, excited to see how his photos turned out. He eagerly scanned them; he had taken six in total, all of the light falling on the oak tree. 

The first one came out blurred. Yoseob scowled, hoping the rest of them didn't follow suit. The second one was better; the lighting really was dramatic. A smile replaced his scowl, and he turned to the third photo and froze.

A figure was in the third photo, standing under the lowest branch of the tree. He leaned against it nonchalantly, though he was gazing right at the camera. Even now he seemed to make eye contact with Yoseob. He was unnaturally pale, wearing a white shirt and pale blue jeans. In contrast to the pale colours, his tussled hair and eyes were dark. If it weren't for that, he may have just blended in with the rainy background. He quickly checked the other pictures, he was in the fourth, and the fifth, but there was no sign of him in the sixth and final image.

Yoseob gulped, feeling uneasy. This man, his eyes seemed to pierce through him. And Yoseob would have bet a million won that he had been alone. He was certain; when he had taken the pictures there had been no one there. Yet how had this man appeared in the photos?

Yoseob looked over his shoulder. He felt as if he was being watched. His sense of uneasiness grew. He was suddenly aware of how silent his apartment was. The only sound he could hear was the sound of his breathing, and his heart thumping in his chest. Then suddenly; he heard something.

He whirled around; "who's there?" He asked, his voice shaking. No one answered; of course; no one was there. He was alone, as always. But then he heard it again;

A small laugh, as if someone was amused watching him.

 

A/N

How was that? Can you guess the figure in the photos?

Please comment and tell me what you think!

-ScissorsandElves