Eye-catching

Catch me if you can

 

Heechul POV

 

I was supposed to hate the bloody kid.

He was a smiling little devil, just out of school; still unfamiliar with our world. And he had come to take over. Take over my limelight, effortlessly and coolly, as he did everything.

His dark eyes were sparkling, a strange sight since darkness is not supposed to sparkle in the first place, and hot sweat was dripping down his tanned skin. The ends of his short, stylized hair were wet and sticking out as he performed.

My manager said he had a wonderful voice but I didn’t listen. I didn’t listen to my manager talking and I didn’t listen to the kid’s voice either.

I didn’t care. I didn’t care for his charisma or his character or his ‘wonderful voice’. I hated the damn boy and at the same time I could notice nothing other than the way the muscles of his arm popped out when he danced.

Was this even legal? Was the kid even legal?

I didn’t know.

I didn’t care.

I my lower lip greedily.

“Should I beat him in his own game?” I asked Leeteuk who was busy giving orders around.

He gave me a wary look, like he always did when I said what was on my mind without censoring first.

“Heechul-ah, just don’t pay attention to him.” He nudged, hoping to distract me. Too bad that I was already distracted otherwise.

“That’s not an option.” I replied still busy watching the young boy kneeling down and staring at the camera with a look he was too young to have on his face.

“And what options are there?” Leeteuk rolled his eyes and put on his bracelets.

“Two.” I said after thinking hard about it.

“One, I can beat this kid on the stage, because that’s where he wants to compete…” I explained in a slow tone.

“And two,” For the first time I gave a sideways glance to the leader, since I was going to say uncensored things again and I knew he wouldn’t like it.

He seemed adequately suspicious of my pauses but didn’t try to stop me.

“And two, I can crush the little bastard. Make him unable to tell day from night; right from wrong. So what do you say? Should I just throw him in the cold waters and watch him drown?” I smirked devilishly as the unsuspecting kid received the cheers of the fans with an awkward smile.

Leeteuk’s eyebrows furrowed and he glared at me.

“What nonsense are you talking about? We’re in the same company. We’re a family, this kid is our dongsaeng…” I interrupted him with a scoff.

“Family? Our dongsaeng? Are you starting to believe your own lies Jungsoo-yah?” I mocked.

“I consider you my family. Was I lying about that too?” He countered.

“That’s not the same. We’ve been together for so long… This kid… he’s just our replacement.” I muttered putting on my sunglasses and preparing for the stage.

“Our replacement? No one said anything like that.” I marveled for a moment how innocent our leader is.

“Who would say it to your face? Of course they won’t say it, but these kids are here as a younger version of us. Because Super Junior is getting older they’ll have to throw us away and get some new ones to replace us.” I said matter-of-factly.

“These kids are good, Heechul-ah. They’ve worked hard and we can’t be idols forever. When we move on, I don’t mind if they take over.” He spoke in that fatherly tone of his that annoys me.

“Well, I do mind. I’m not giving up my spot to them.” I stomped my foot down stubbornly.

The ‘dongsaengs’ started walking out of the stage and it was our turn.

“If you want to be an idol forever, then by all means do it!” Leeteuk motioned for the other to step up on the stage as he talked. “But I don’t see why you need to mess this poor kid up.” He gave me a doubtful look as my mind wandered back to the dark skin and the sparking eyes that I’d been watching.

“Why I want to mess him up?” I wondered about that while performing.

I saw the thousands of eyes watching me, shouting my name and shaking their blue light sticks under my feet. I wanted to smirk and I didn’t make any effort to stop myself.

It was nice to have everyone worship me. It was nice standing on the top of the world, away from the crowds.

I wanted to be an idol forever, I wanted everyone to keep staring at only me and I wanted to enjoy my fame.

I didn’t want to have to look at him, a mere kid, dancing and singing on my stage. I hated the fact that the same eyes which worshipped me were coming to worship him as well and call his name.

And above everything else, I deeply despised the way I, too, was noticing his every move. My mind was emptying and all I cared for was his dark skin that sweated while he danced and his strong hands that reached out to catch me.

He was going to catch me, I feared. Catch me as I was burning and drown me in the cold waters.

A reason to mess up Kim Jongin?

I had plenty. 

 


 

 

A/N: Well, this might in fact be the ONLY Heechul/Kai fic in the whole site... Still, I promise to make it good. 

Leave a comment and subscribe!!