Surprise

Super Junior Donghae

Warm, strong, gentle hands wrapped themselves around your petite waist, slithering under the thick material of your jumper. 
Soft music filtered through the warm night air, providing the both of you with a romantic setting to complete the perfect dinner. 

As soon as the night turns cooler you retreat into the confines of your home. You pick up the wine glasses along with the plates and take them into the kitchen. A small smile graced your lips as you remember the previous night, which concluded in some steamy chemistry; you guess that the same would happen tonight too. 

 

When you finally entered the kitchen, your eyes stuck themselves to your perfect other half, who is already washing up. The sleeves of his jumper were rolled up to his elbows; you notice traces of soap suds on his tan skin from where he had to dip his hands further into the basin. 
You examine his face. His smooth jawline where you leave gentle kisses. His cute nose that nuzzles yours. His sweet lips that whisper sweet nothings. His deep brown eyes that you escape to but can't escape from. 

"Is there something on my face?" Donghae asked. He stopped washing the plates to look at you. Shaking your head you stand beside him. After freeing your hands you grab a towel and start to dry. "How was dinner?" 
You look at him and smile, "perfect." 
Donghae nudges your hip with his "you always say that ______." 
"I do not!" 
"Yes you do." 
"I do-" Donghae leans down and claims your lips for a few seconds "not. That's cheating Donghae." 
He just laughs and resumes his activity. You do as well but with a pout. 

 

The two of you decided to watch a movie before going to bed. 
Half way through you laid down so your head is on Donghae's lap. His fingers gently ran through your hair, almost like your personal lullaby. 
You jumped when he spoke because you weren't prepared for the silence-breaker, or his question. "If your boyfriend was to propose to you, how would you want it to happen?" 
Turning to him you see that he's watching you. "As in how I imagine it to be like?"
"Like that yes."
"I'd want him to ask me when we're at home; either watching a romantic movie or after a romantic dinner. If we had just finished dinner, he would ask me if I'd enjoyed it and tell me to close my eyes for a secret desert. Then I wouldn't hear him get up from his chair and he would kneel on one knee beside me and tell me to open my eyes, after opening them I would look down to him and see him holding the box." 
Donghae nodded his head, "what about the movie?" 
"I'd want him to surprise me." During your description you never took your eyes off of the TV screen. 
"How would you want him to surprise you?" 
You hummed in thought, "Oh! He would pull the box out of nowhere and ask me to marry him with a sweet smile on his face and his hands shaking in nervousness." 

 

Before you could become engrosed in the movie again you feel something on your chest. Looking at the object, you notice it has a striking resemblance to the box that you were just descriping. "_______, will you marry me?"