Onew's Condition

The Prince Behind The Mask

 

Prince Onew was carrying a sleeping Taemin on his back to bring him back to his room...
 
 
'Taemin can fall asleep anywhere, just like Reika...' Onew chuckled after hearing the younger one purr like a cat
 
 
'Err...K-key-umma! M-Minho-hyung is teasing me! A-also Jonghyun-appa!' Taemin said as he sleeps
 
 
'Now I know why Minho sleeps with him every night...' Onew opened the door of Taemin & Minho's room
 
 
Usually, Taemin's side of the room is clean but Minho's side is messy...but now it's different. Minho's side is very clean and Taemin's side has his things scattered, like, everywhere!
 
 
He laid Taemin back at his bed and put the blanket around him to keep him warm...
 
 
Papers were torn, notebooks were scattered, stuff toys were thrown and other things on the floor at the left side of the room...
 
 
He then saw a picture frame that was upside down with glass shards surrounding it, he picked it up & saw a picture of Minho, Key, Taemin & Jonghyun...
 
 
It was the picture of them, he wasn't there because he was with Reika that time...
 
 
Key has his diva smile behind Taemin, Minho with his warm smile with his arm around Taemin's neck, Jonghyun's smirk while his hand was on top of the diva's head & Taemin's shy smile while having 2 peace signs...
 
 
A happy smile crept on Onew's lips as he remember his 4 friends together but then that disappeared when he saw only one was left...
 
 
'I wish I can turn back time...where I'm still with SHINee & my dazzling girl--Reika' Onew sighed and started to pick up the notebooks first...
 
 
'What are these???' Onew got 4 notebooks from the floor, and it belonged to SHINee
 
 
The first was: 
Kim Jonghyun's Journal
"  Open and die xD Only open for the owner and MY Key ^_^  "
 
 
'JongKey...my "real" parents' Onew thought
 
 
The second notebook was:
Kim Key's Diary~
"  Do not open unless you are the 
  beautiful, diva named Kim Kibum. No 
  trespassers allowed--not even Kim 
  Jonghyun!!!  " 🔑💗
 
 
'Of course it's pink...what else???' he laughed at that thought
 
 
The 3rd notebook was:
Choi Minho's Notebook
"  Please do not open. Tall CHOI 
   MINHO is the one who can open 
  this...sorry, Taeminnie~ :)  "
 
 
Onew did nothing but giggled at the simplest notebook he found...
 
 
The last was:
Cute Maknae Taemin
"  No Key-umma, Jonghyun-appa, 
   Minho-hyung & Onew-hyung 
  allowed! For the cutest maknae only 
  (not Prince Kyu ^_^ )  "
 
 
'Over all is that I can't look at any notebook? Wait a minute...' Onew found a sticky note at each notebook
 
 
  Onew-hyung! If you're reading the 
  sticky notes, then you have found 
  the notebooks! We hope that by 
  reading these, you will learn 
  something good & will help 
  you...fighting, hyung! Saranghae! ~~
                                                             -사이니
 
 
'What? Okay...? Who's first???' Onew sighed then started:
 
 
'Eenny, miney, minie, moe...12 34 56 78 87 65 43 21...' then his finger landed on Minho's notebook
 
 
'Minho? Hmm, he's the tallest so...Taemin's the last' he grabbed Minho's notebook & started to read
 
 
'What happened to the old Onew-hyung? Before, he loved Reika so much that he would do everything to make her happy...he even wants to propose to her--but now he hates her!!! I wish I can help but...hyung might get mad & hurt Taemin--I don't want him to get hurt because of me, he's a brother to everyone. I saw Princess Reika once, she didn't have her usual smile (real of fake, it's gone). Even her eyes tell me that she was so disappointed, the air that was surrounding her was quiet...I want to go but Onew-hyung was watching me, he might be angry again...'
 
 
'I...remember that time...'
 
 
FLASHBACK...
 
 
Reika was walking alone in the park where her first date happened, she wanted to stay away from everyone that day...
 
 
Then she started to hum a song that Onew would always sing when she was scared...
 
 
Minho saw her & observed her. He noticed that she wasn't smiling, her eyes looked like they were going to shed tears and the air that was surrounding her was quiet...
 
 
'Hyung! Look! It's Princess Reika~' Minho called out for Onew but just received a frown
 
 
'Princess Rei--'
 
 
'Don't you dare try to call her, Choi Minho...Lee Taemin might get hurt because of you...' Onew cut him off then Minho immediately became quiet
 
 
'Princess...' Minho whispered & sighed
 
 
'Let's go, Choi...I want to go home' Onew ordered
 
 
'But the princess is--'
 
 
'I said let's go home! I can hurt Taemin whenever & wherever I want...' Onew glared at him
 
 
'D-deh...' Minho started to walk away at a fast pace, wanting to run back to the castle
 
 
Without Minho looking, Onew turned his head & saw Reika looking at him. He saw her eyes filled with sadness & loneliness, but he just ignored it & left her alone...
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK...
 
 
'I was too harsh...I even threaten Taemin, he didn't do anything anyway. Aish...' Onew sighed & continued reading
 
 
'When I came back to the castle, I ran to my room. I found him already asleep but the whole room is clean...it's either Key or Taemin who cleaned this. Taemin looks tired, I didn't know what he did but damn, I was tired also...so I just crawled to bed & lied down beside him.'
 
 
Onew looked at Taemin who was comfortably sleeping, he felt guilty for hurting him in some times but it hurt more when he sees the maknae crying...
 
 
'Hyung, if you're reading this...please don't hurt Taemin. You know that he's your brother--we care for him also...you still love Reika, SHINee knows that--don't deny it. When my day comes, take care of Taemin & Reika...I won't be there for Taemin when he's upset & I'm not there to lend Reika a shoulder to cry on. Promise me, hyung...you are engaged with someone you don't love, Reika's love is also engaged--think about that, hyung. I know that you are doing this for your parents, I understand that--but the princess will be alone. She's been waiting for her true love to come but then it disappeared...hyung, I'm gonna say this once: If you love her, then help her to love again...please, hyung--please take care of Reika & Taemin, they're important to you, me, Key, Jonghyun and everyone else. Promise me that you'll love them just like you loved the whole SHINee...kamsa, hyung'
 
 
Onew was speechless after he read the whole thing, he had mixed feelings inside him that no words could explain...
 
 
Minho had always been the shoulder for Reika, when she's crying--he is there beside her...every time Onew saw that, he couldn't help but feel jealous...
 
 
He thought that Reika was starting to fall in love to Minho since she was always beside him, not like Onew--whose excuse is always "because I'm busy"
 
 
'Aish, I'm such a pabo! I was always "busy" with myself that I was never with Reika when she was crying...no wonder that in the morning she prefers being with Minho. I just noticed this...' Onew sighed & closed the notebook
 
 
He proceeded with the next notebook, Kim Jonghyun's Journal. The journal was already full but a page slipped out of it. It was a letter...
 
 
'Hi Hyung (if you're reading this),
Okay first, congratulations for being engaged with someone YOU DON'T LOVE. Second, what the hell Hyung?! Why did you scream at Reika?! You even made Key & Taemin cry for the whole night!!! They can't even sleep properly! You with Prince Lee Hyuk Jae, banned Reika from both of your kingdoms--what was that for?! This is like, the first time that I saw you ordering the guards like that & banning a princess...did you throw all your anger you've been saving inside yourself? Bad idea, never scream and leave a girl alone...stage one: courting--failed. You have got to control yourself...and tell her "I LOVE YOU"  Hyung, promise me & yourself that you will always ALWAYS protect her AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE HER! Bye Hyung~ ^_^ "
 
 
'He's right...I shouldn't have screamed at her, she cried herself to sleep since then!' Onew sighed, regretting everything he had done to hurt Reika in the past
 
 
'Huh? Hyung? What are you reading???' a voice said & Onew immediately hid the notebooks
 
 
'N-nothing, Taemin...go back to sleep' Onew said
 
 
'Hyung? Can I ask you a favor?' Taemin said
 
 
'Sure, what is it?'
 
 
'Can you visit Princess Reika for me? I know you want to see her too, try to talk to her...please, Hyung~' Taemin requested
 
 
'But I'm not even sure where she is!' Onew denied
 
 
'Please Hyung~' he whined
 
 
'But Taemin...'
 
 
'Please Hyung with chicken on top???'
 
 
'Fine, fine...' Onew gave up
 
 
'Yay! Kamsa, Hyung~ Goodnight!' Taemin cheered & went to sleep after his successful attempt
 
 
'Mkay...goodnight, Taemin...' Onew hid the notebooks inside his coat & left the room
 
 
He stopped at the hall way & stared at the floor...
 
 
'Visit Princess Reika? I hope I can find her...'