Final

Make me Yours

 

“Yah!Rub the lamp!”

“Nuguseyo?”

“Just rub it like what the TV shows!”

 OK,I rub the lamp and for a few seconds, nothing happened. I must be daydreaming! I went to the bathroom to wash my face and when I came back! BAM! A beautiful y girl came.

“N—nuguseyo?”

“Give me your 3 wishes”

“Huh?”

“You had me over 18 years of your life and you still don’t know me?! Kim Jong In?”

“How do you know my name??” She does a face palm.

“I’m in that thing!” She points in the lamp my parents gave me before they died.

“So you can see me out there?”

“Yes. The way you emote when you are watching a movie, before and after you shower, sleeping, eating and etc. Since your great grandfather x 10 10000000 hadme, I became your family’s fortune.” I laugh, oh really?

“You know girl, you’re cute and hot, but I don’t want stalkers in my room especially those who are insane” Her eyes widen and she clench her fist tight. She’s cute, but scary though.

“January 14, 1994-raining, it’s the day you were born” Everyone knows that? Especially my stalkers.

“You like a Girl named “LIM YOONA”, your parents died in a car accident, April 15, 2008.”  She’s a real stalker.

“Your phone no. is 00954123379, and you have constipation right now.” She smiled and smirked. Maybe Sehun gave her my number, but constipation? How did she--

“Now, I know you are a real stalker. GET OUT!”

“I’m the last thing your parents gave you“Take care of this Jongin, this would remind you of who we are. We love you and we will always will.” I gulped. That’s the last words my mom told me, it’s only me and the lamp that is in there.

“Now, you believe?” I nodded with a blank facial expression.

“So what’s your wish?”

“Wish?”

“Ah! Forgot, you know the movie you are watching last time, the.. alad—“

“Aladdin.”

“Yeah. Aladdin. The big blue spirit-like man there, it’s like me.”

“So, genies are true?”

“I can’t say that. Okay, so here are the rules”

“Rules?”

“Of course, there are rules, --with the exception of murder, romance, or revival of the dead.”

“That’s my three wishes; murder my enemies, love of Yoona, and the revival of my parents. Ah, never mind Ms. Genie. But you can’t fix my life.”

“But you can make your enemies suffer, date Yoona, and see your parents.” My eyes grew bigger with what she said. Why didn’t I think of that? Well, I’m crazy right now, believing she can make what I wish.

“First wish?”

“Popularity”

“Okay, your wish is my command.” She snap her fingers, and it feels like nothing happened. 

“That’s it.”

“That’s it?”

“Yup, but remember you need a little effort.” Okay she’s damn kidding me right?

“10am tomorrow at your school. Now, close your eyes.” I rolled my eyes and close it. 5 seconds passed, but it’s like 5 minutes for me.

“Hello?” I open my eyes and the girl is no where to be found, I know she’s kidding me. Why did I believe her? I lie on my bed and stare at the lamp.

“Can’t be.”

----

The next day, Sehun’s call woke me up.

“Yobseo”

“Yah! Come here at school! SM is having an audition.”

“ahh.. Audition?!” I look at my phone and check the time, 9am.

“It’s really true.”

“What are you saying, Kai?”

“ah, nothing, I’ll be there.”

---

After 1 hour, I reach the school. Sehun auditioned but Fail. My time to shine, I dance SHINee’s Replay and rap a small line of B2ST’s On Rainy Days.

“But remember, you need a little effort.” Geez, ok. Okay, here’s a “little effort” I wink at one of the judges.

 PASS!

---

I went home and saw Ms. Genie sitting on my couch.

“I did it.” I exclaimed and hug her.

I did it.” She exclaimed.

“ok, whatsoever. Anyway, thanks.” I continue hugging her but tighter. Well, I think she’s really a fortune. I smiled and release her.

---

Few months had pass, I’ve been in a boy group called EXO, happily, Sehun is in there. I think its Ms. Genie’s act also. Anyway, I’m happy, and we’ve become closer and closer.

“Genie-ah” I called.

“nae? You want your 2nd wish?”

“Nae.” I smiled and comes closer to her.

“I want to date Yoona.” I grab her hand and pinch her nose.

“okay.” She said effortless. She snap her fingers again.

“ok?” I raise a thumb.

“nae.9pm tomorrow at Hongdae” I rush on my room and search for a perfect suit.

Genie’s POV

Sigh. I hope he knows that I could only be in the human world for 100 days. In fact, I don’t want to leave him. What’s with the Yoona girl that he had wasted his second wish?! I look at the mirror. Am I not pretty? I sat and pout. I shall see that Yoona! I take Jong In’s phone and dialed a number.

“Kai?”

“Aniyo, Sehun-ssi..”

---

 

Hongdae.9pm

Kai’s POV

She’s here. Ms. Genie is the best.

“But remember, you need a little effort.” Do I have to buy flowers? Aniyo, a wink would do.

Yoona wave at me and I wave back.

“Jong In” he called.

“Sorry, if you wait too long”

“Aniyo, I just came.Oh! Is it Sehunnie?” I look back and saw Sehun with… the most unexpected person, I mean Genie I would think he would be with. I gulp and approach them. I gave Ms. Genie a “why-are-you-here-look”.

“Kai, I know you’ll be in here.” I just nod without knowing why. I was just completely distracted by the looks of Ms. Genie, her dress, her hair, and even her scent.

“Who is that Sehun? Your girlfriend?” Yoona asked.

“Aniyo, we were just dating”

“JUST?” I exclaimed.

“NAE” Genie exclaimed.

“Her name is Jini, Hwang Jini. You know her Kai, right?”

“Absolutely. Ah, May I borrow her for a moment MY FRIEND?”

“Sure” I grab her hand and we move a little bit farther than Sehun and Yoona.

“Why are you here?”

“Why? Can’t I? If, you want me to get lost just tell me, I’ll take it as your last wish” You know I won’t do that.

“Nevermind, Why are you with Sehun? Why didn’t you tell me you could be in human form? And WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME YOU’LL BE BEAUTIFUL LIKE THAT THIS EVENING.” Sh*t I slip. I put both my hands in my mouth.

 

--

Genie’s POV

Did He just say.. I gulp and answered.

“Wanna know the story?” He nodded.

“Yah, you are in a date. Better enjoy it.”

“AH, yae.”

We went back to Sehun and Yoona.

“Should we just do this in a double date way?” Yoona asked. Sehun nodded.

“What’s that? Double date?” I whispered to Sehun. He chuckle and answered. “It’s when two couples date together.” Ahh … I see. Yoona hold Kai’s hand, Sehun, saw me looking at them, so he held mines.

“Gwaechanha?”

“Nae” I smiled. This guy is handsome, I can’t deny it but, mianhae.. I’m devoted to Kai.

After 2 hours of walk, talk, eat, and etc. We decided to go home. Yoona and Sehun went together since they are neighbors, and we, Kai and me, went together.

“So is it fun?” dating Sehun and not me? Kai asked.

“It’s fun” since you are happy.

“Neo? Is it fun?” dating Yoona and not me? I continued.

“A bit, now, could you tell me the story? Why can you be in a human form?”

“Well, it’s long but Imma tell you”

“My mom was a human.”

“MWO?!”

“nae, WAS.”

“What happened?

“Well, my father once, served her. They both develop a feeling with each other, and with my mother’s last wish.. She wished to be with my dad, and then she became a Genie. The End. Let’s go home.”

“She did that?”

“Nae. That’s why I could be human. Yah! It’s 12mn let’s go home.” I hurriedly say, to avoid questions. I know he won’t sacrifice his own life.

He won’t.

 ---

The next day

 

It’s been 3 months since Kai known Genie. He kept thinking about her story last night.

“You better think of your last wish, Mister.” It’s my 92nd day, 8 days to go and I will not see you EVER. She heavily sighed.

“Yah, is there something bothering you Genie?”

“Aniyo” I better tell him now.

“Within 1 week, you need to tell me your last wish, or else, BYE BYE, NO MORE WISHES” She continued.

“wae? There’s a time limit?”

“nae, 100 days.and I’ll be off.”

“Sehun, will be lonely. He had fallen for you” and me too.

“Aniyo, he will understand”

“How about me?” Kai confidently asked.

“Eh? Stop joking around”

I’m not joking. “I was talking about my wish you babo,” Kai sighed.

---

7 days had passed; Yoona and Kai became a couple.

Dooms Day.

“Had think of your final wish? Till 12 mn Okay?”  He nodded.

Why would I want to be with her, if Yoona is here? Yoona’s been my dream girl, but why do I feel suffocated, exhausted and dead? Is this what happiness feels like?

Time passed- 11:56pm

“I had my wish now” Kai hold Genie’s hand.

“What is it? Ppaliyo!”

“Mianhae”

“Wae?”

“I don’t want to be a Genie”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“My last wish..” I want you to be a human.

“I want to… forget everything about you, after this night.”

She snap her fingers. “Your wish is my command”

---

 

ALTERNATE ENDING:

7 days had passed;Kai made Genie happy.

Dooms Day.The Final Day

“Had think of your final wish? Till 12 mn Okay?”  He nodded.

Why would I want to be with her, if Yoona is here? Yoona’s been my dream girl, but why do I feel suffocated, exhausted and dead? Is this what happiness feels like? Aigoo! What am I thinking?!

Time passed- 11:56pm

“I had my wish now” Kai hold Genie’s hand.

“What is it? Ppaliyo!”

“Mianhae”

“Wae?”

“I don’t want to be a Genie”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“My last wish..”

“I want you to be a human”

--