When He Comes A-Knocking (Part 1/2)

The Catastrophe I Call You & Me

Eun Mi's POV

 

As I was walking back to my empty house, I giggled at the thought of my 'conversation' in the woods.

*It seems so silly. I mean, me, talking to a wolf.* I shook my bent head. I reached the house and unlocked the door, letting myself in. I took a deep breath, absorbing the smell of my childhood home.

~FLASHBACK~

"Umma! Appa!" a pretty young girl giggled mischievously. "You can't catch me~! HAHA!" she ran down the stairs, and her parents followed in pursuit. "Don't bet on it, baby!" her mother called and she skipped down the stairs, picking up her daughter. "Got you!" her daughter squealed as her father pinched her nose.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

*No, stop. You mustn't think of them.* I gritted my teeth.

I threw my bag onto the ground and walked up the stairs and into my room. I unchanged and got my stuff for showering, then walked into the bathroom.

I the faucet, waiting patiently for the water to become warmer. When it did, I immediately relaxed under the soothing water. After I had finished, I changed and got ready for bed, until I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Aish, what fool would come here at this time on night?" I grumbled irritably. I slid out of my bed and walked down the stairs.

*KNOCK KNOCK* "Hey! Let me in!" a male voice shouted. I stiffened.

*What if it was a ?* I bit my lip. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and looked through the peep-hole. I gasped.

*He is gorgeous! Omo!* I stepped back from the door, unsure of what to do. I furrowed my brows.

*I'll open it* I decided. Gathering all my courage, I opened the door.

"Final...ly" he said, staring at me with disbelief. I had noticed he faltered and whispered at the end of the sentence.

*What's his problem?* I tilted my head slightly to the side.

"Oh yeah. Um... I am going to live with you from now on." he declared.

"PARDON?"