Journey Of Hearts {three-shots}

Journey of Hearts {three shots}

2nd Story: Let the love begin

Starring Cho Kyuhyun and Seo Joo-hyun

 

It was hard and a lump in the throat to see someone you loved for years happy in the arms of someone else—especially in the arms of a friend. For years, she witnessed the happiness that lies inside his eyes. And though that happiness wasn’t because of her, Seohyun was still hopeful that someday those smiles she seen on his lips was meant for her.

 

 

Kyuhyun was the only boy she liked…and loved. The feeling of liking him started when they were in the same classroom during their high school years. And the feeling grew more and more each day until they stepped into being a college student.

 

 

From a far distance, she looked at him. She seen him smiled. She seen him laughed. She had seen him almost everyday that made her heart flutters every time he was around.

 

 

Lucky enough—she got the chance to be with him when he picked her name to be his partner for the literature project. They were assigned to make a poem that was originally written by them. Nervous, Seohyun accepted the challenge of being with him for a week, though she knew someone might get jealous. But she never worried. No string attached, only school work.

 

 

Tuesday morning, Seohyun went to school early to search and read some books. She needed inspiration and guidance in writing a poem. While in search for some books, she saw Kyuhyun sitting on the floor with a book on his lap at the end of the shelf. He looked serious. And she didn’t know how long she’d been looking at him that time when she realized he was staring back at her. The book she had on hands fell on the ground—that the next thing she knew, Kyuhyun was standing before her. He quickly picked it up and handed it over to her.

 

 

“Thank you,” she said shyly with a lopsided smile.

 

 

“I’ve been searching for you earlier. I’m glad to see you here in this very early time. Good morning, Seohyun,” he said with a broad grin.

 

 

She could only nod at what he said. Out of words, she followed him. They occupied the table near the window. The sun was up that morning and brightly shining. They started working with the poem.

 

 

“Should we right individually and just mash it up for a better result?” he asked.

 

 

“I think that’s better…”

 

 

“Any idea what would be our theme?” he asked again.

 

 

“I want a happy and cheerful theme. How about you?” she said with a smile on her lips and sparks in her eyes. She knew she can make a happy theme because the inspiration she was looking couldn’t be found on the pages of the books. But it was sitting next to her.

 

 

“I don’t think I can make a happy one. Can we make the latter part a little saddening?” he asked, waiting for her confirmation.

 

 

“I think, that will be a great impact. The first part of the poem would be happy and then slowly turning sad. I believe that it will be a great catch on capturing the audience attention.”

 

 

My sun shines on me so bright

And my moon lighted me all night

I wonder why my heart is in race,

Whenever I see your lovely face

You’re in my head until I go to bed

I wonder what’s in you that drive me crazy

I guess I’m falling in love with you so deeply

But the clouds suddenly hide the sun

And my sky turns dark and insane

Raindrops keeps falling on my head

Because I have to act and pretend

That I’m in love with someone else

And to pretend is the greatest torture for me

To avoid the hurting between you and me

 

 

 

Seohyun didn’t expect that she had cross the forbidden line. She was supposed to be happy for her friend that the boy she dreamed off was officially her own. But why at some point she couldn’t help but feel so sad inside?

 

 

A month after their graduation, Seohyun and Kyuhyun met again. And seeing him again turned everything into life again. Her heart started beating again and her lips started smiling again. And though she accepted her fate, inside her she still hoped for a miracle to happen.

 

 

Kyuhyun waved at her cheerfully. She who was unmoving from her stand point, just smiled. He walked towards her and stopped when he stood a foot apart from her.

 

 

“I’ve been searching for you. Where have you been?” he said, looking straight to her eyes.

 

 

“I’m just here. Why are you looking for me?” she asked.

 

 

“I thought the sun that’s in my sky wouldn’t leave me, but she did.”

 

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

 

“Your friend broke up with me a month ago…”

 

 

Shocked, she replied, “Why?”

 

 

“Because she found out I’m in love with someone else.”

 

 

“I don’t get you, Kyuhyun.”

 

 

“Remember the poem I wrote before? It’s sad because I’m fooling myself all that time. I loved your friend but I love her friend the most. All this time I keep on pretending until she is decided to let me go because she knew I’ll be much happier in the arms of the girl I truly love.”

 

 

Afraid of what to hear, Seohyun turned her back and started taking steps away from him. It was hard for her, but she have to—because she didn’t want to feel the searing pain she felt before. She kept on looking at him, hoping he could notice her. But five years had passed and he was here only to say that he wasn’t in love her friend but rather in love with someone else.

 

 

“Where are you going?” he asked as he grabbed her by the arm.

 

 

“I have works to attend to. And I don’t have enough time to listen to you like I used to do before. I’m sorry…”

 

 

“Will you still leave me here if I tell you I love you, Seohyun?” he said as he let go of her.

 

 

“Do you really love me?” she queried as she turned her back to face him. Her heart was in race that any moment I would just come out of her chest.

 

 

“I really do. Do you have to walk away after knowing my heart?”

 

 

“I don’t think I can walk away after finding out the truth. I’ve been waiting all my life to hear those three little words from you,” she said as tears started blurring her sight. “But don’t you think it’s a sin to love a friend?” she continued.

 

 

Kyuhyun cupped her face and pressed his forehead against her and spoke, “If loving you is a sin, then let me be a sinner forever. Because as long as I breath and as long as I live, I will keep on loving you. I love you and only you…”

 

 

He said as he tangled her arms around her and claimed her lips. Under the sun, they shared the sweetest and passionate kiss. And as he finally let go of her lips, the only words she whispered to him was… “I love you so much”.

 

 

At some point in time, we might fall in love to a person whom we thought we deserve to be. But in the middle of the story, one of you will meet the person you’re destined to be with. And the moment you find your self falling in love with him/her—you have nothing else to do but to follow you heart’s desire.

 

 

 

 

 

-END-

 

 

 

 

This is not the end of Seokyu moment as I'm currently writing a short muti-shot story starring this cute couple.

So, yeah~wait patiently as it'll be posted very soon :D

Thanks for subscribing, commenting, and appreciating my stories. Love lots!