Hana

Miracles do happen when you believe.

Infinite - (그해여름) In the summer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHVa6YKMxk)

 

------

 

“Eww go away, why would any of us want to play with you?” A girl who was about two feet taller than you pushed you away.

 

 

You managed to steady yourself before you could land hard on your as you picked up your rag doll from the dusty floor. The girls gave you a disgusted look as they sauntered off to play at another corner. You pouted as you pushed up your glasses and walked over towards the mini bench located at the side of the playground, with your doll dragged behind you.

 

You knew you were lacking in terms of looks and popularity but you were really friendly. Wasn’t being friendly a good enough trait to have? Don’t you make friends because you’re friendly? Apparently, not for you. People judge you just because of your outer appearance.

 

You had a chubby face and you’re quite short, which wasn’t really appealing. However, you look decent enough and you had on round-framed glasses which hid half of your face.

 

Sighing, you placed the doll on your lap as you its fabric. “What’s her name?” A sudden voice startled you. “Ah? Naemi!” You shoved the doll in front of his face. “Naemi say hello,” you moved the doll’s hands up and down, pretending to make it talk.

 

The boy giggled. You were entranced by his laugh. Slowly, you placed the doll down and looked up at him shyly. The wind was blowing softly and it made the trees rustle. “You’re not ashamed of Eunbyul?” you asked. His laughter died down as he looked at you with glinting eyes.

 

“Why would I be?” He asked. “Because everyone says Eunbyul is ugly and they don’t want to be around Eunbyul.” You pouted sadly. “I didn’t say that.” He lightly joked. You thought for a while before shaking your head. “What’s your name?” He asked. “Jeong Eunbyul.” You perked up and proudly said it as you adjusted your glasses.

 

“Jeong Eunbyul,” He said while tapping his chin. “Hana?” He tilted his head as he smiled brightly at you. “Ani, my name is Eunbyul.” You blinked innocently.

 

“But can I call you Hana?” “Waeyo?” you tilted your head.

 

He stared at you for awhile before answering. “You just remind me of a flower. Hmm, the seed of a flower is small and dull at young. It’s so small and so puny, and it's almost insignificant. But as it grows, don’t you think it turns out to be beautiful?”

 

Your mouth fell slightly agape as you shifted closer towards him. Your interest in listening probed him to continue further.

 

“How do you think it can become so beautiful? Well, because it was showered with love. I think you’re that unripe seed Eunbyul, you think you’re ugly and all but in truth, you’re just not fully bloomed yet. But if you receive enough warmth and water, I’m sure you’d grow out to be such a beautiful flower.”

 

“But Eunbyul doesn’t have any warmth. Omma and appa used to give Eunbyul hugs so that Eunbyul would be warm. But now they can’t hug Eunbyul because they went to a deep sleep.” You swung your short legs back and forth.

 

He looked at you and softened. ‘Why else would you be sent here if not for that then?’ “Then oppa can be your warmth.” He said as he smiled warmly at you. “Oppa?” Your eyes rounded.

 

“Wae? You don’t like me being your brother?” He lightly joked. “Eunbyul didn’t know Eunbyul had any brother.” You had shock written all over your face. He couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle at your silliness.

 

“I am older than you right?” He grinned. “I’m four.” You held out four stubby fingers. “I’m eight so I’m older than you by hmm, four years!” He exclaimed. “So you hafta call me oppa.” He beamed happily.

 

“You can call me oppa and I’ll call you Hana!” He added. “But Eunbyul don’t know your name oppa.” You looked at him curiously.

 

“Me? I’m Byun Baekhyun.”