-- Ingredient No.2 || 2 cups of kisses

Marriage Recipe : Himchan's Story

 

The television was on but she was not at all watching whatever was shown the screen. Papers were scattered around on the coffee table and she was again doing her normal routine. The reason why she moved her work to the living room in the first place was because she wanted to watch her favorite drama series but then again, she could never watch at peace. She would always be bounded by her work. Even though she had to submit her lyrics and compositions to her management in two weeks, she didn’t like to postpone her work. Procrastination will lead her to a depression state. She couldn’t handle depression and her husband knew better.

She shifted her eyes from the screen to her notepad in attempt of multitasking, but she failed miserably so she gave up on the television and concentrated on writing instead. While she was doing so, she felt a pair of arms snaking around her neck, planting a warm kiss on the tip of her head. She tilted her head up and his smile greeted her.

“Here, coffee” Himchan offered her the pink coffee mug, a female version of the blue mug of his. They bought the couple mug a while back on their honeymoon.

The notepad was settled on the coffee table and she took the mug from him as he took a sit next to her with his own cup of coffee. Himchan grabbed the remote control and flicked through the channel. Somehow, his action amused her and she had no idea why staring at him was more exciting than doing her work or watching the television. The way his lips would purse and sometimes he would blow air into his cheeks; it was just a habit of his that even he didn’t aware of. Feeling heat crept on his face, he knew that his wife was watching, so he faced her.

“Aren’t you tired of my face yet?” He let out a slight chuckle, putting his mug on the coffee table, next to her notepad. She snapped out of her trance, shaking her head a little.

“Shut up” She blushed, looking down on her own mug. Her fingers were tapping on the handle and the mouth of the cup.

Himchan’s voice trailed with his laughter when he scooted closer to her. He leaned in close to her face, a few more inches and his lips would be touching her skin. She shifted her face to the other side, avoiding his gaze. They had been married for approximately two years and Himchan still had the effect of making her face red every time he teases her. She hated that pathetic part of her.

“I’m going to kiss you” He uttered, closing the gap between them more.

“Himchannie! Go away!” She shoved his shoulder lightly in a weak attempt to push him away. Honestly, she was just playing hard to get. Himchan knew better so he took her mug and placed it beside his before he gripped her wrist and leaned his body against her, abusing her face with kisses. “No!” She whimpered, giggles echoed inside the room.

“No? No way! I’m not done kissing you yet!” He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his body before he dragged one of his hands to her shoulder, turning her body to face him. He stopped kissing her just to take a good look of his wife’s face, the woman whom he adored the most. Her hair was messed up from the struggling earlier and they were covering half of her face, so he took the initiative to gather her hair to the side of her face, tucking them gently behind her ear.

He smiled at the sight. She was beautiful, more than he could wished for the one who he wanted to live with for the rest of his life. A short while after, she found his hands cupping her cheeks and in a split second, his warm pair of lips were pressed against hers, bringing her to a place where she loved the most, their own world. Her eyes fluttered shut before she reciprocated to his action.

“I love you” He said as soon as he broke the kiss.

“I love you more” She smiled.