Chapter 1

Like A Dream

 

Yuri smiled bitterly looking at her through the glass window from her store.It seems that her crush was visiting her boyfriend again at the bookshop that he owns just across the street.Funny on how fate always brings the two together in such...a 'good' way.

 

From a stranger's point of view,he/she might've thought that Yuri must've been jealous on how lucky the girlfriend is to have such a handsome and well-mannered guy as her boyfriend when it was actually the otherwise.Oh how she wish that she could be the one who would make her happy.

 

“Boss?”

 

One of her employee's voice made her snapped out of her thoughts.Turning her attention to Sulli,she gave a light smile to the younger girl.

 

“Yes Sulli-ah?”

 

“Someone asked for you at the counter.”

 

“Who is it?”

 

“She told me to remain anonymous so...yeah...”

 

“Nevermind,i've got a feeling on who are you talking about,thanks for telling me,” she patted Sulli's shoulder as she made her way to the counter.Her prediction was right when she saw a woman a bit taller than she is,was skimming through the cakes on display.”What a delightful surprise to see you here,Im Choding,”

 

The said latter unwillingly took her eyes off the display,frowning at what Yuri just said to her.”No need to sound so sarcasstic,i flew all the way from Tokyo just to see you for the week you know.”

 

“...You're just trying to get off your schedule don't you? And i assumed that it was something that you don't like?”

 

“....”

 

“What was it this time?” Yuri went to the latte machine to make her friend a cup since her best friend is a er for her coffee.

 

“...An interview with one of my co-stars.”

 

“Geun Suk?”

 

“....”

 

“So it's Taecyeon?”

 

“That guy won't stop asking me out...,” Yoona rested her chin on her hand,at the same time looking around the cafe boredly.Something suddenly caught her attention and the actress' face turned sour just by looking at the woman."Why won't you stop liking her Yul-ah? I don't even see anything good in that woman,she's been annoying the heck out of me since middle school."

 

"That's because she likes you," Yuri chuckled,successfully avoiding Yoona's question."She had an odd way of showing her fondness to the others by teasing them."

 

"...You even know her better than she does? Please don't tell me that you've already reached the stalker level..."

 

"It's not my fault that her boyfriend owns a store right across my cafe," she shrugged off her shoulders non-chalantly as she handed over the latte to her best friend.

 

“...Fate is really cruel huh?”

 

“I'm pretty sure that you know that better than me.”

 

The two exchanged blank stares for a while before getting back to their own stuffs.Yoona drinking her coffee while waiting for her cakes to arrive,Yuri doing the unfinished chores although she herself is the owner of the cafe.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“I need a job a.s.a.p,” the 22 year old brunette slammed the door to their apartment loudly,gaining the attention from her housemates.

 

“What's up with you today?”

 

“All of my cards are blocked for the rest of the year,” she yawned as she plopped herself on the empty spot on the couch.The rest of them looked at her in disbelief,on how she could just stay calm about this matter and didn't freak out like any other normal person.But then again,she is Tiffany Hwang.The weirdest person that they've ever known.

 

“And why is that?” Taeyeon,the oldest out of the four raised an eyebrow.As far as she know,her pink-loving friend is not that careless in spending her money so why is her parents blocking her credit card? Unless...”Did you rejected someone's marriage proposal again?”

 

“...Choi Siwon,the eldest son of the Choi Family.”

 

“...What?? My brother proposed to you???” the younger sister of the said latter rosed up from her seat,seemingly shocked to hear what Tiffany said to her.

 

“Well...yes.”

 

“And you rejected him?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Thank god!!! I definitely don't wanna be sister-in-law's with a person like you.”

 

“You're not in a position to say anything like that Miss Choi Sooyoung,”

 

“Unnies,please get back to the main topic...” Seohyun cleared ,trying to  stop the argument from going any further.”What kind of job are you looking for Fany-unnie?”

 

“Anything,as long as it pays real well.”

 

“....What about working as a waitress? A close-unnie of mine owns a cafe,i'm pretty sure that i can ask her for a favour...”

 

“Really? You could do that?”

 

“...I could but there's just this one thing unnie...” her last sentence got everyone in the room to look at her in curiousity.

 

“What is it?”

 

“...You can't fall in love with her.”

 

A/N I'm updating this from school so sorry for any mistakes in this.I can't proof read since my battery is starting to get low (=_=) I should've charged my laptop at home...(T_T) BTW,anyone curious on what happened to Yoona that made Yuri said that line about fate?