Chapter Six

My Happy Virus

Hyosun P.O.V.

"What is it?"

"The girl I saved yesterday-"

"Uh-huh?"

"-She's gone nuts! Look!"

This morning Jinki and I met at the bench near the lake again. The air is always good here, so we always me here. Jinki was showing me two messages from Jeon Hyunjoo. Those were silly, though. There were not her name on the messages but who else could do that? I hadn't met her yet buy from Jinki's first impressions, I could predict what she's like.

"So have you replied the last one?" I asked in curiousity after handing the phone back to it's owner.

"No, I think I won't" Jinki answered. "She will think that I'm giving her a chance or else"

"Do you think she likes you, Oppa?" I giggled. "Since when you got this big of confidence?"

"Ah, I don't know" He snorted. "I hope she won't fo it again. It's creepy, you know?"

"Yeah, I can feel it" I said. "Ah, I must go to class now"

"You still have amount of time," Jinki insisted. "Why so hurry?"

"Well, there is a new girl who transferred to this university, and..."

"And what?"

"That's her... Boram-ah!"

The girl that I called looking at my direction. That girl is slim, a bit taller than me, has a long straight hair, and has a fair skin. The most remarkable of her perfect appearance is her pretty face. She ran to my place and while she tried to reach us, Jinki mumbled, "Whoa... She's pretty?"

"Who's prettier, Oppa?" I jokingly asked. "Me or her?"

"Her" He answered innocently without considering my grinning face. Finally Boram arrived. She took a deep breath and did a 90 degrees bow to Jinki. Jinki was shocked but he immediately stood up and gave her a bow too. It was too late, when Jinki was about to bow, Boram got up again and her head smacked Jinki's. Jinki fell in the grass and I saw his eyes became so teary. Boram looked so panic.

"Ah, J-Jinki Sunbaenim, I-I'm so sorry!" Boram apologized, trembling.

"That's fine, that's fine" Jinki tried to smile as I helped him to stood up again.

"M-My name is Son Boram!" She said loudly.

"Well, hi Boram" Jinki greeted back. "Where do you come from?"

"I come from Incheon, Sunbaenim!" She answered enthusiastically.

"Nice to meet you, Boram" Jinki said politely. "Please take care of Hyosun"

"I'm trying to," She said. "but Hyosung takes care of me more"

"Oh, I don't need your compliment" I spoke. "Now, let's go"

"See you later, Jinki Sunbaenim!" Boram bowed again. "Nice to meet you!"

"You go first" I commanded and she walked slowly further.

"How's her?" I asked Jinki, who still mesmerized in his pain.

"She's pretty... She's still pretty even after she showed her clumsiness-"

"Whoa, you like her!"

"-even she's so clumsy, at least she's not that scary"


Taemin P.O.V.

"Oh no, I think you better shouldn't!" I yelled so loudly. Now everyone was looking at me. I lost control. I couldn't avoid my feelings that I disagreed. That I hate it so much.

"Why not?" Hyunjoo asked. "It's a good opportunity! I can find out about this mystery!"

"But it's too straight forward!" I yelled again. "He won't like it!"

There were two of us having conversation in the corridor. Miyoung was in the class, surrounded by her fan boys. She's so popular for being a good dancer and had a good looking face. Plus, she's also nice. Hyunjoo needed to talk to both of us but only me who were available.

"That's why I called it 'opportunity'" She said calmly. "It's once in a blue moon!"

"Okay, so you believe in Minho now?" I asked.

"He might be my enemy, but I know he won't lie" I answered.

"And he makes you call him 'Oppa'-"

"It's okay, I don't even need a heart to call him like that"

"Alright, I think I can't stop you"

"Why do you have to stop me, anyway?"

"Okay, it's your natural behavior for being so stubborn. I declare my defeat, satisfy?!"

"Hey, but you have to answer me first!"

"I'll answer that later, so when will you go?"

"After school! Cool, huh?"

"Okay, I'll take you there. I bring my bike today"

"No, you don't have to. I'm with Minho. He said he would bring his motorcycle. You can take Miyoung home, then"

"Oh, it's not right"

Miyoung's voice came from the class' door. She seemed to be on there since long time but neither of us paying attention for her quiet appearance. I asked, "What is not right, Miyoung-ah?"

"Taemin is worried for you, just let him go" Miyoung answered, her expression made me suspicious. "I'm okay by myself"

"It's not that I don't want to accompany you, Miyoung-ah!" Taemin blurted. "You didn't think of that, did you?"

"No, it's fine" She said still with the same expression. "You both can go"

"Ah, Miyoung-ah" Hyunjoo sighed. "Thank you so much"

"You're welcome, Pal" She finally smiled.


Minho P.O.V.

"Hyunjoo-yah!" I called to the girl at the gate. She was standing alone when I called. She recognized me and then approaching me.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her and she seemed nervous.

"Ah... I don't know" She said weakly.

"It will be fine, I'm here" I comforted her. "Let's go"

"Err... Actually," She spoke when I almost put on my helmet back. Then she added with suppression, "Oppa"

"What is it?"

"My best friend wants to come too"

"It's Lee Taemin, isn't it?"

"Yeah. So... Can he go?"

"But what will he take to the university?"

"Don't worry, he got his bicycle"

"Okay, call him. We need to catch Jinki hyung before he goes home"

"No need to, he's already here. Taemin-ah!"

"Let's go"

So there were the three of us. I ride the motorcycle and Taemin rode his bike. Hyunjoo was about to sit behind the front seat of Taemin;s bike when I was reminded of something.

"Hyunjoo-yah! We need to hurry!" I yelled. "Jinki hyung is going somewhere!"

"Really?" She seemed panic. "Taemin-ah, I'm sorry. I have to catch up with him!"

As she said that, she walked to me and climbed my bike to sit behind me. Taemin snorted and said, "Well, let's go". I rode the bike as fast as I could. Hyunjoo held on so tight on my waist. Sometimes she screamed when I made a sharp turn. But I did this for her good. She needed to meet Jinki hyung, that's why. After 15 minutes, we made it to the university. I parked my motorcycle and Hyunjoo left the bike to find Taemin, who was not far behind us. It's quite surprising, since there was a big difference between our transportation.

"So here we are, kids" I said. "Welcome to my school"

The three of us walked to the north side of university. That's where Jinki hyung was. I walked fast but those kids seemed nervous and shy as people whispering at them. It's rare to have school kids around here, so they whispered to make fun of them. They thought they were the Sunbae and did what they want to. Actually, they were just still freshmen.

"Choi Minho!"

Someone called me from the back. I turned around and saw a familiar figure was running towards me, towards us. I had to remind the kids before something bad happened.

"Kids, move!"

The kids moved to my behind. They looked so suspicious and so scared at the same time. They still didn't have any idea for what I meant. Well, here it was.

That figure finally came closer. She ran happily and I could see her happy face as she became closer. She still running when she was two meters from me and it happened. We collided and I caught her to stop running. I hugged her tight and she finally stopped. I released her and she was smiling.

"You don't know braking, do you?" I pouted.

"Ah, I lost control nowadays" She said innocently. "Thanks Minho-yah!"

"Next time, try slow walking" I suggested. "Kids are you okay?"

The kids behind me stood with blank expression. They seemed so surprised.

"She is a sprinter athlete, that's why she can run so fast" I explained and the kids nodded. "She's my friend, Son Boram"

"Hello" Boram wanted to bow but I stopped her before something like 'collide' wouldn't happen again.

"I'm Minho oppa's sister, Hyunjoo" Hyunjoo introduced herself. He's my friend, Taemin"

"You both are so cute!" Boram said brightly. "Why do you bring them here?"

"I'll explain later" I said shortly. "Where is Jinki hyung?"

"He's near the lake with Hyosunnie" She answered. "Wants to go there?"

"Sure, we'd love to"