Chapter Five

My Happy Virus

Hyunjoo P.O.V.

"Please come in"

Finally we arrived at my house. I opened the locked door and let everyone came him, including Minho. I kept grinning at him. Miyoung poked me a lot when she caught me doing that. Noise from my pain attracted the others, except for Minho. He kept walking while dragging Sungjoon, whose interest still in me. He didn't care for what I did, did he? It's nice, then. After all this time, I wasn't the only one who ignored him.

I put my shoes and so did the others. I walked in first. While the others coming to the small living room, I made my way to the kitchen. I prepared four cups of tea and a glass of warm chocolate milk for Sungjoon. I put the drinks on a tray and brought it carefully to the living room. I placed the tray on the table. "Here," I said to the other two, offering the drinks. Suddenly I realized that something were missing.

"Minho and Sungjoon are in Sungjoon's room" Taemin said before I ask. "Your room"

"Oh" I responded. Sungjoon and I shared a small room together. So if Minho entered Sungjoon's room, he entered mine too.

"Sungjoon feels so exhausted" Miyoung explained. "So Minho was asked to accompany him until he sleeps"

"Okay I understand" I said. "Let me give them their drinks"

I took the tray lazily and left the two to the second floor. When I arrived in front of the room and I knocked the door. A voice came from inside, "Come in"

I opened the door as Minho commanded. I saw Sungjoon had already asleep on his blanket and mattress while Minho was holding his small hand.

"Here, drink this"

"Thank you so much" Minho tried to help me placing the tray on the floor, but Sungjoon's hand kept staying tight.

"It's okay" I placed the tray by myself on the floor. "If you need help, I'm downstairs"

Minho just nodded without saying anything and let me left the room. I walked downstairs and I saw Taemin and MIyoung were watching TV seriously. I sat and put the tray on the floor.

"Yah, what are you watching?" I asked.

"A drama" Miyoung answered while her eyes still on the TV.

"Is it even interesting?" I asked curiously.

"It is" Taemin also answered in a flat tone.

"I'm bored, let's do something" I mumbled.

"Not with us" Taemin said. "We're busy"

"Is it so fun that both of you forget about me?" I commented.

"Sssh!" Miyoung hissed while giving a sign for me to be quiet.

"Okay... Okay..." I snorted. Without any complaining, I followed them watching the drama. The drama is about an amnesia boy who denied her real girlfriend of his. It reminded me of Jinki. Could it be... He had amnesia too? I should observe this. But now? Ah! My father! I asked him to get Jinki's number. So if my father came home, I would ask him as fast as he reached home. Wait... My cellphone? Ah, I left it in my room. I got back on my foot and left those drama lovers to the second floor. I opened my room's door slowly and I saw Sungjoon was sleeping peacefully and there was someone lying beside him. Minho. He might be sleeping. I walked in and found my cellphone on the desk. I decided to leave as fast as I could but something caught my eyes before I went out.

Minho's foot were bending. His hands were like he was hugging something. His face expression was just similar as he was annoyed. I wondered whu he was like that and suddenly I realized, He must be freezing. My house wasn't big and it's not luxurious. The floor quality wasn't good because it's not warm. Because my family were used to sleep over mattress everyday, we could stand the cold. But seemed like this man couldn't.

I took a deep breath and thinking fast. I walked to the drawer and took my blanket. Carefully, I put it on Minho. He was still not moving. Glad he still sleeping, I walked out the room before he realized. I descended the stairs and saw Miyoung and Taemin already packed their bags.

"You two are going home??" I asked with a disappointed tone.

"Oh, we're so sorry" Miyoung replied. "But we are"

"We'll fetch you tomorrow" Taemin stated as he my hair.

"Uh, okay" I sent them to the front door. "Bye"

"Take care" Miyoung and Taemin waved while walking backwards. Feeling alone as they had gone, I entered the house before I got too disappointed of their leaving. Why? Because in this house, there were only us three. Hyunjoo, Sungjoon, and Minho. What a miracle?

Ah, I had an important mission to do! I took my cellphone and walked to the telephone beside the kitchen. I pressed the number while looking at the cellphone. Done, I waited for reply...

"Hello?" Said that voice.

"Appa, where are you?" I asked.

"Still at work," He answered. "I'll be late at home"

"Ah, really?" I responded, disappointed.

"Why?" He asked back. "Your head hurt again?"

"No, it's fine" I said. "Err... Appa"

"Huh? What is it?"

"Can you give me Lee Jinki's phone number? I want to send a proper apology and thanks"

"Ah, that..."

He paused a bit and I thought the worst. Then he spoke again, "He said he's still a student and I can't recruit him to work at my place yet. He said that I won't need him, but he will need me in the future more. At first I thought it's nonsense, he's just making excuses. But he seems to be a nice man by helping you and I decided to trust him, so I gave my number while I didn't get anything"

There's a strange drum's voice inside my stomach. It's funny. It felt similar when Taemin and Miyoung told me the truth of my family. Disappointing. Upsetting. Annoying.

"Hyunjoo-yah, are you okay?" My father called worriedly.

"Oh, I'm fine" I quickly replied. "But did you tell him our thanks and apology?"

"Of course" He said. "Ah, Appa needs to do job, right now. Eat well, okay? Don't go out home late, okay?"

"I understand. Bye Appa"

I put the phone's handle in it's place weakly. Snorted, I walked slowly to the living room. My steps were a bit harder. How could I solve this mystery? I wouldn't meet him again. Well, it's destiny that we could meet again. It's also destiny that we wouldn't meet again.

"If I was not mistaken, you said a name, Lee Jinki?"

I nearly jumped from shock. A flat tone's voice came out of the blue. I tried to find where the voice came from but the owner showed his nose before I tried to search in the kitchen. It came from the stairs.

"Are you listening to our conversation?" I asked loudly. "Wah... Daebak!"

"Hey, it's not like what you're thinking!" Minho explained. "I accidentally heard you!"

"Oh, that's funny" I said coldly. "Could you just pretend like you didn't hear it, so I wouldn't care?"

"I can't!" Minho started to yell. "I know what you were referring to, so I want to help!"

"Oh, that's even funnier" I said more coldly. "What kind of help is it?"

"I know a phone number of Lee Jinki that I recognize!" He yelled for real. "If this is 'Lee Jinki' that you meant!"

He showed me a photo of a group of people on his cellphone. All of them are boys, except there's one girl standing in the middle. I saw Minho, which standing from the very left. Then I stared at the photo to the far right. A great sensation happened in my stomach. Before I could speak, I tried to make my tone seemed normal.

"Yeah it's him" I said flatly. "You have his number?"

"I told you so... He's my close sunbaenim" He said, finally stop yelling.

"Err..." I scratched the back of my head. "Can I..."

"Yeah, you can" He said calmly. "In one condition"

I closed my mouth. The great sensation had blown away slowly and slowly. He said he wanted to help. But what is this? He came up to bribe? He's funny.

"Interested?" He asked.

"Tell me the condition first" I said.

"Simple. Treat me respectfully"

"Do I have to call you Oppa?"

"Better you do"

"And if I broke this agreement, what would you do?"

"I just can't set a meeting for both of you. He won't meet stranger easily, anyway"

I surprised. He's a good gambler. He made the condition with the consequences too. Both were good. I meant, if I were him, I would offer the same thing. But now it's up to me, whether I took this opportunity or not.

"Already come up with decision?" He asked, I felt his tone was changing. He became a bit arrogant.

"Give me the number," I hardly spoke. "Oppa"

"It's a deal, then" Minho smirked. "It's his number"

"But you have to promise me, that you'll make a meeting arrangement for us"

"I promise. Nice to have a business with you, Jeon Hyunjoo-sshi"